The online racing simulator
Quote from Mustafur :KERS pass

This.

I hope they remove that NOS the next year, or make it obligatory, not mixed up like this.
Could we see McLaren domination with the significance of kers?

I don't care if its KERS or not, it still made for a good show lol. KERS killed a couple of passes and ruined the races a couple of time this season but this time it made it interesting... I'm against KERS but I'm sure that even without KERS he probably would've been able to pass.
Quote from evilpimp :I don't care if its KERS or not, it still made for a good show lol. KERS killed a couple of passes and ruined the races a couple of time this season but this time it made it interesting... I'm against KERS but I'm sure that even without KERS he probably would've been able to pass.

not really if you see the replay Webber gets a bad start off the corner but then gets a bit more take off, then hamilton gains speed(even though webber had more accleration leaving the corner) and goes around the outside without any slip stream.

Unless the Merc engine is pulling alot more power then the renault engine I doubt it.

He didn't have KERS last year and he still overtook more than any other driver so pull the rod out of your stupid fat ass, and quit with the hate, ffs.
Quote from dawguk :He didn't have KERS last year and he still overtook more than any other driver so pull the rod out of your stupid fat ass, and quit with the hate, ffs.

See this is what happens when you tell the truth. it WAS a KERS pass so please shut up.

The KERS effectively makes a 2 tier championship.
Quote from Mustafur :See this is what happens when you tell the truth. it WAS a KERS pass so please shut up.

I'm not denying that he might have used his KERS button to overtake your countryman, but you were implying that he needs a KERS button to pass, which is quite obviously absolutely not true, at all even in the slightest regard.

And if you weren't implying it, you were just demonstrating sour grapes, and repeating your monotonous Hamilton hate. Get over it.
Quote from dawguk :I'm not denying that he might have used his KERS button to overtake your countryman, but you were implying that he needs a KERS button to pass, which is quite obviously absolutely not true, at all even in the slightest regard.

And if you weren't implying it, you were just demonstrating sour grapes, and repeating your monotonous Hamilton hate. Get over it.

I never implyed anything, i just said its a KERS pass, its not a real pass.

i don't hate Hamilton at all i defend him in alot of cases but because your too anal about anything said about him i wont bother reasoning with you.
Quote from Mustafur :See this is what happens when you tell the truth. it WAS a KERS pass so please shut up.

I didn't mean he would've passed in that occasion, I mean't he would've passed on track eventually with or without KERS. And wether it was a KERS pass or not, Webber doesn't have KERS so he should have an advantage in the corner which he screwed up and Hamilton managed to get it well and get on the KERS button to make the pass... A KERS pass still is a pass and still requires some kind of skill.
Quote from Mustafur :

no its a single tier championship, its red bulls choice not to run with KERS same as mclaren could quite legally run without a rear wing. they'd be slower than everyone else but would you say it was unfair that the other teams fitted a rear wing?
Quote from evilpimp :I didn't mean he would've passed in that occasion, I mean't he would've passed on track eventually with or without KERS.

Thats somthing im not going to disagree with, all i was saying was KERS was used for that pass, and without it wouldn't of been done.
Quote from tinvek :no its a single tier championship, its red bulls choice not to run with KERS same as mclaren could quite legally run without a rear wing. they'd be slower than everyone else but would you say it was unfair that the other teams fitted a rear wing?

But it provides artifical racing. in most races there completely off the pace but on tracks like these they are a huge advantage.

2 Tier championship
So you're saying that having cars that have more mechanical grip and less aero and cars with the opposite on the same track in the same championship is a 2 tier championship? They'll each be better at some tracks and be worst in others... Just like McLaren is better on technical tracks and not as good on fast tracks while Redbull is unstoppable on fast tracks, is that a 2 tier championship?
Quote from evilpimp :So you're saying that having cars that have more mechanical grip and less aero and cars with the opposite on the same track in the same championship is a 2 tier championship? They'll each be better at some tracks and be worst in others... Just like McLaren is better on technical tracks and not as good on fast tracks while Redbull is unstoppable on fast tracks, is that a 2 tier championship?

Yes because you already know the result before it happens.

a 1 tier championship is where a car is capable of winning on any track.
So basicly last year we had a 2 tier championship as well? I guess the only way to fight that from happening would be to have 1 fixed chassis for everyone? But then that would kill the whole point of technological development in F1...
Quote from evilpimp :So basicly last year we had a 2 tier championship as well? I guess the only way to fight that from happening would be to have 1 fixed chassis for everyone? But then that would kill the whole point of technological development in F1...

Last years cars where capable of winning on any track under the rules, not saying the car was actually capable thats down to the designer, this year under the rules not every car is capable of winning on every track.
Quote from Mustafur :Last years cars where capable of winning on any track under the rules, not saying the car was actually capable thats down to the designer, this year under the rules not every car is capable of winning on every track.

Explain what you actually mean.
This year is pretty messed up, with all the controversies and double diffusors... can you just imagine what the champioship would look like if all the teams had them from the start? Bring on the 2010!
To say the KERS helped him past is true, however, Heikki couldn't do the same with his magic button! So its not the be all and end all.

All season the KERS has been a disadvantage. The extra weight and aero comprimise has written off the chances of teams who wanted to implement it. It is a 2-tier championship but I recall in the 80s didn't we have periods where normally aspirated engines went up against turbos??
-
(Elderado) DELETED by Elderado : repost
Quote from Elderado :There is a pic of Felipe Massas injury and helmet on the Live leak web site. Very close up and graphic. I don't know if its ok to link so those who want to see it you know what to do.

You're about 14pages too late.
Like i'm gona read 14 pages ........ there i took it off.
Quote from dawguk :Explain what you actually mean.

Its not possible for a KERS car to win every race is it?

also Redbull where miles in front of everyone but when it comes to a tight track with loads of braking zones they have no chance.
KERS helps you stop Non Kers cars from passing and KERS helps you pass non KERS cars.

In most cases its best used for defending because there is not enough braking zones to make it good enough for overtakes.
Quote from Mustafur :In most cases its best used for defending because there is not enough braking zones to make it good enough for overtakes.

I think the real reason is that the only overtaking move in F1 with high chances of success is to slipstream on long straights and get on the inside line for the next corner. With KERS, the defending car can pull out a big gap early on the straight, preventing the pursuer from slip-streaming.
Question about the Renualt incident whats the deal?
They were released by the crew premature but surely its not the drivers fault.
What if the wheel hadnt of come off would they still have imposed the ban?
And lastly ive never heard of this rule tbh when did it come about?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG