The online racing simulator
Hopefully this justifies the complaints of MANY people last year that Kimi should have seen the mechanical flag at the French GP!!!!!
Quote from Intrepid :Hopefully this justifies the complaints of MANY people last year that Kimi should have seen the mechanical flag at the French GP!!!!!

tbh, both brawns should have it tomorow during formation lap. they CANT race with a car that's falling to pieces
Quote from el pibe :tbh, both brawns should have it tomorow during formation lap. they CANT race with a car that's falling to pieces

Stuff falls off sometimes and I am sure the Brawn car is fine. Though scrutineering should be done.
Quote from el pibe :tbh, both brawns should have it tomorow during formation lap. they CANT race with a car that's falling to pieces

Well they checked Button's car and its fine, Brawn's cars aren't falling to pieces, but their bloody championship lead is.
and that is because their cars are falling to pieces
Quote from el pibe :and that is because their cars are falling to pieces

You being harsh on Brawn. Lots of cars have had bits fall of from time to time. For sure Brawn will take extra care tomorrow but it's no reason to exclude someone before the car has even hit the track.
Apparently he has cracked his skull, and has some form of brain concussion. .He'll be having surgery. Very serious, so he isn't out of the woods just yet!
His helmet was open then he got hit by the "thing" and when he hit the tire barrier he faceplanted in his steeringwheel aswell.
I feel really sorry for Massa.
According to the brazilian TV, that is covering what's going with Massa, Luca Badoer will race in his place. Like Intrepid said, he's on a surgery now to remove a part of a bone from his eye and work on the concussion.

I'm not a Massa fan, but good luck for him, get better fast. ^^
Surely noone can race in his place tomorrow because they didn't qualify?
Quote from JackDaMaster :Surely noone can race in his place tomorrow because they didn't qualify?

So only 1 Ferrari at the grid?
I think the test driver should get a chance?
Quote from aroX123 :So only 1 Ferrari at the grid?
I think the test driver should get a chance?

Test driver can't replace him if he already did the qualifications.. AFAIK...
I wonder is Massa going to loose his left eye because of this
Poor Massa, he's such a nice guy, I feel really bad for him. What a horrible accident.
Quote from F1.com :
It was subsequently confirmed that Massa was conscious following the accident and that he has sustained a cut above his left eye, which is not believed to be serious.

Looks like he will be ok?
Quote from aroX123 :His helmet was open then he got hit by the "thing" and when he hit the tire barrier he faceplanted in his steeringwheel aswell.
I feel really sorry for Massa.

Wha? His visor was closed. And I'm pretty sure he didn't hit his steeringwheel. I mean, his HANS didn't break, or did it?

I saw in the first replay that something hit him, damn that was scary. He got lucky, if that spring would've hit him in the center of his visor... not good. So did his eye really get injured? All I've heard is that his skull got broken from the are of his eye and he's getting surgery today
According to the latest news, Massa is still being operated. The operation began ~1,5 hours ago.
Soon Ferrari will publish their official situation and declarations. Hope that good news come with it.
I hope he can return to racing, but if he has brain damage, maybe it won't happen. But we saw Alex Zanardi go back to racing with no legs, so anything is possible.
i guess i should take back my comment now. More serious than i thought it was.
It's the third or forth time this picture was posted, read the thread people..

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG