The online racing simulator
Quote from Yisc[NL] :.... but do you think that Lapper 6.012 needs an update after the recent changes in InSim? ....

The only thing I'm having problems with due to all the recent updates is with split/sector times, although it's actually the same problem that was happening with any of the autocross layouts, so nothing new, just bit more pronounced.

Its just that with the new open configurations, you can have different layouts even with the same track x/y config names (e.g. AS21, AS22, AS23.... AS29), but lapper still sees them as AS2 and will overwrite people's PBs especially if one config is shorter than others (assuming they're faster).

This basically ruins the use of the !top command and your Pitboard, etc.

Could lapper be changed in anyway so that it would recognise more than just the normal track names (short and long)? Instead of just AS2 or AS2R, maybe AS2X_A22?

At the moment, I'm just backing up and removing my PBGrip database files and letting lapper make new database files for new open layouts.

Unfortunately, that does rely on me remembering to change the files as appropriate.
Let me put in my request/question too.
Would it be possible to store laptimes for usernames instead of nicknames?
Or even better, to make that configurable in Lapper somewhere.

The reason I ask is that I just started racing again after about 2 years. I'm using a different nickname then before (since I am no longer with the team I was in) and now Lapper sets times attached to my current nickname, instead of to my username which would never change.
This way people can have like 10 times on a server, while there should actualy be only one for that username.
Quote from Yisc[NL] :I've already send an email to Gai about it, but do you think that Lapper 6.012 needs an update after the recent changes in InSim? I'm not talking about the added packages, only about what already is in Lapper.

With regards to the new version of LFS and InSim (v5), I would think that Lapper would need to be reversioned with 6.0.1.2 being for up to LFS .5Z and a new version for LFS .6B. The reasoning behind this is that pretty much all of the InSim functions will need to have wrappers put around them to check what version of InSim (LFS server) is being run which would be a hell of a lot of work. Taking the code to a new version and making it specific to .6B+ would be a lot easier.

I'll send some mods to GL for what I have done to 6.0.1.2 to do things like fix the countdown timers, and do some tricky stuff to allow some Lapper mods to do race setups and then I think he'll need to archive it and start a new fork.
Quote from sinanju :The only thing I'm having problems with due to all the recent updates is with split/sector times, although it's actually the same problem that was happening with any of the autocross layouts, so nothing new, just bit more pronounced.

Its just that with the new open configurations, you can have different layouts even with the same track x/y config names (e.g. AS21, AS22, AS23.... AS29), but lapper still sees them as AS2 and will overwrite people's PBs especially if one config is shorter than others (assuming they're faster).

This basically ruins the use of the !top command and your Pitboard, etc.

Could lapper be changed in anyway so that it would recognise more than just the normal track names (short and long)? Instead of just AS2 or AS2R, maybe AS2X_A22?

At the moment, I'm just backing up and removing my PBGrip database files and letting lapper make new database files for new open layouts.

Unfortunately, that does rely on me remembering to change the files as appropriate.

im having the same problem with autocross layouts.
Does 'complex drift scoring' script exist ?
I mean 'drift scoring' with clipping points.
Quote from Vukas91 :Does 'complex drift scoring' script exist ?
I mean 'drift scoring' with clipping points.

Clipping points arent supported unless you put them in. What you could do is create specific zones on each track that represent the clipping points. To do this, use the !zone command to se what the x and y co-ordinate is for the position, then use the following command to set an action to take:

<?php 
RegisterZoneAction
"BL1" , -60,106FuncOnEnterFuncOnExit);
?>

The third numeric parameter is the distance from the x/y co-ord to use to execute, so make it low for right on the point, or large for an approximation.

Check some of the cruise stuff for how to use zones
Quote from Krayy :Clipping points arent supported unless you put them in. What you could do is create specific zones on each track that represent the clipping points. To do this, use the !zone command to se what the x and y co-ordinate is for the position, then use the following command to set an action to take:

<?php 
RegisterZoneAction
"BL1" , -60,106FuncOnEnterFuncOnExit);
?>

The third numeric parameter is the distance from the x/y co-ord to use to execute, so make it low for right on the point, or large for an approximation.

Check some of the cruise stuff for how to use zones

I don't know anything about making new insim or editing it(besides that txt file).
I know some C & Java programming.

Can you explain me more about it, give me finished insim with changable clipping points or give me links, because I don't know where to start.

Tnx for all
This IS the insim that gives you changeable clipping points. Zones can be used to simulate clipping points on corners, although you need to be careful with their placement as they are a circle from point X,Y with a radius of i.

Basically what you need to do is (with Lapper running), drive around the course to the corner that you want to set the clipping point at. Position your vehicle on the grass, ripple strip or wherever teh centre of your clipping circle will be (use the V key to cycle through until you are in top down view to make sure you are placed correctly). Use the "!zone" command to display what the x and y coords are (in the screenshot i'm at x=236, y=447).

Now you can use the RegisterZoneAction to create an event for when someone hits the clipping point.

<?php 
RegisterZoneAction
"Clip1""BL1" 236447EnterClip1ExitClip1 );
?>

This creates a zone that is 6 units in diameter (radius = 3) and the 2 params at the end are the functiosn taht are called when a racer enters the zone.

have a play with that and see what you can do.
Attached images
clipzone.jpg
I've tried that '!zone' command.
Nothing happens.
Quote from Vukas91 :I've tried that '!zone' command.
Nothing happens.

Make sure that you are an admin by putting your LFS username in the admin.txt file in the lapper instance directory (same dir as the LFSLapper.lpr file)
Quote from Krayy :Make sure that you are an admin by putting your LFS username in the admin.txt file in the lapper instance directory (same dir as the LFSLapper.lpr file)

I have no admin.txt file.
If you mean that I have to make it.

I made it and put in my username(just my username) and nothing happens.
Quote from Vukas91 :I have no admin.txt file.
If you mean that I have to make it.

I made it and put in my username(just my username) and nothing happens.

Where did you put the admin.txt file, because it should be in something like c:\LFSLapper\<your lapper instance name> eg. c:\lfslapper\default

Also put your lfs username into the superusers.txt file in the same directory
Can you tell me where to find myConfig Sub?

<?php 
CASE "!myconfig":

myConfig( );
            BREAK;
?>

Quote from LFSCruise :Can you tell me where to find myConfig Sub?

<?php 
CASE "!myconfig":

myConfig( );
            BREAK;
?>

myConfig is actually an internal command to Lapper which is defined in the scriptFunctions.cs file. It's not the best place to be as it's functionality can be emulated using the storedvalues functions.
And how is it to edit the button? And what scriptFunctions.cs file?
Quote from LFSCruise :And how is it to edit the button? And what scriptFunctions.cs file?

If you don't know how to edit the source of Lapper using Visual C#, then you won't be able to modify it.

What exactly do you want to do?
Quote from Krayy :If you don't know how to edit the source of Lapper using Visual C#, then you won't be able to modify it.

Need to adjust myConfig function.
I am using Visual Studio 2010

Quote from Krayy :If you don't know how to edit the source of Lapper using Visual C#, then you won't be able to modify it.

There are only .lpr files. How to edit the source?
Download the source from the link in the releases thread to get the source code and project files to build it.
And from where I can download?
Can you tell me where to get the file?
Where scriptFunctions.cs can change the buttons from MyConfig (myConfig function)? Where can I find?
race event
i would like to no if lfs lapper can do some things

1st race event so that the server will auto start qualify then 2 races 2nd race in reverse order on say ie every 2 weeks at 6.50 pm

2nd password the server 10 mins before the race event starts

3rd i have NextRace, the Online Tracker v1.00 running so that drivers can register for a race event can this be used so that when lapper starts the event only the registered drivers from NextRace, the Online Tracker v1.00 can get on server
??? hope all this makes sense

ooo ps if lapper doesnt can someone tell me what does
1st - is possible with Lapper
2nd - is possible with Lapper
3rd - I don't think that would be possible with Lapper, since Lapper can only access its own databases
Would it be possible for lapper to have some sort of lapper or player time variables?

Maybe a StartTime and an EndTime, both outputting to at least 1/100th of a second?

There's already a getLapperVar( "LongTime" );, which is the server time in long format, but that only gives you hh:mm:ss.
Quote from paul88 :i would like to no if lfs lapper can do some things

1st race event so that the server will auto start qualify then 2 races 2nd race in reverse order on say ie every 2 weeks at 6.50 pm

2nd password the server 10 mins before the race event starts

3rd i have NextRace, the Online Tracker v1.00 running so that drivers can register for a race event can this be used so that when lapper starts the event only the registered drivers from NextRace, the Online Tracker v1.00 can get on server
??? hope all this makes sense

ooo ps if lapper doesnt can someone tell me what does

I kind of like these ideas. The 1st and 2nd are possible with Lapper now, and in fact most of it is done in the config_race.lpr CIF module, although that is still Beta.

The last I'd have to look at the NextRace app and see if the devs there and us can work together to have a symbitotic relationship with a common data stream. I'll do some research on that and let you know how we get on

Requests
(342 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG