The online racing simulator
Quote from thesloth :That was me spinning out of control on the back straight :ashamed: I lost it trying to keep out of the way of the car in front of you and collected you as I spun out......sorry about that. At least it gave you a nice replay :sorry:.

Nothing to worry about mate, just one of those things.
Was unfortunate you swung back the other way as I was passing, but it was purely accidental.
Thanks guys for the great race
There were some chat and crash problems and we (admins) made some mistakes but we will learn from them
There were some server problems... I'll try to see what happened...
I'll post the official results between one week
Quote from Bean0 :Nothing to worry about mate, just one of those things.
Was unfortunate you swung back the other way as I was passing, but it was purely accidental.

I don't understand how you can spin on a straight but oh well.

Quote from Sir moi 407 :Thanks guys for the great race
There were some chat and crash problems and we (admins) made some mistakes but we will learn from them
There were some server problems... I'll try to see what happened...
I'll post the official results between one week

Thanks for organizing! For the future I'd like to give a few suggestions:

1) Learn the ****ing clock. There's a UTC display in LFS
2) Get some effective way of (real time) communication. IRC is proven to be useful.
3) Add a server-problem scenario in the rules. And stop the race. A non-working server is non-working.
#204 - Aid
Quote from hyntty :I don't understand how you can spin on a straight but oh well.

Thanks for organizing! For the future I'd like to give a few suggestions:

1) Learn the ****ing clock. There's a UTC display in LFS
2) Get some effective way of (real time) communication. IRC is proven to be useful.
3) Add a server-problem scenario in the rules. And stop the race. A non-working server is non-working.

never went with 1 wheel on a grass?

ad 2....i bet teams were using this amazing invention but when driver is doing his stint he can't switch window to IRC can he?:P
i undertand 'no general chat' rule and accept it but if u don't use TS and there is 2 drivers doing sting the only way they can exchange information is in game chat and i personally think that hearing "no chat" from some drivers (which in fact prooves that they were idiots seeing what info got exchanged) is just purely rude
Quote from Aid :never went with 1 wheel on a grass?

ad 2....i bet teams were using this amazing invention but when driver is doing his stint he can't switch window to IRC can he?:P
i undertand 'no general chat' rule and accept it but if u don't use TS and there is 2 drivers doing sting the only way they can exchange information is in game chat and i personally think that hearing "no chat" from some drivers (which in fact prooves that they were idiots seeing what info got exchanged) is just purely rude

I disagree, Public chat in-race should be disallowed and you guys should have asked from some team to use their TS server.. Lightning racing offered alot of free slots there ... PM'ed me and i woulda let you be in ours
which was provided by Lightning Racing /marketing
#206 - Aid
thanks but TS server was not a problem in our case we had other technical problems and i storngly dissagre with u, i see nothing wrong with typing 2 lines of text every 75min by a team to share info plus as u have said 90% of teams used voice com and it's really pathetic that u could read "no chat" when 3-4 lines of text was typed by a team in 9h race... is that being a d**k or what?
You are being a dick by implying that wanting to concentrate on racing is rude.
You obviously lack league experience, so you should know a thing or two.

It is common knowledge in a lot of the leagues, especially in endurance events, that chat is either disallowed or strongly discouraged, and only allowed to notify the admins.

And blocking the messages is not an option. The In-game chat is extremely disturbing, especially when you are concentrating, and not there to fool about, but to give your best in the team effort. Therefore it is common, that messages aren't blocked in events, so the admins could get messages through at the drivers when needed.

Saying that 2-4 lines every 75 minutes is nothing, (even if it says affermative, gay pidgeon) is just showing that you either don't know a thing about league based racing, or you are just blatantly ignorant, not having any respect towards the rest on the track.

If you can't hook up a TS/Ventrilo/Skype conversation or simply a third person to communicate with the others during the race, then you are in the wrong place, and should look for pick-up or non-team-based action.

common sense in LFS, really.
#208 - Aid
yes but have u ever read the rules mate?

"- Chatting is permitted only between theco-pilots for reminding stop in the pits or to call safety car. Therace must be prepared between the co-pilots before race, so there isnot necessity to talk about strategy by chatting. If you chat too much,you will be warned. If the chatting continues, the sanctions will bestricter."

end of story... if u can't accept that it your problem and drivers that type "no chat" when other team exchanges information actualty makes u illegal and don't respect official rules
#209 - Aid
BTW Fuse5 i just laughed when i reed your post.... seriously man u make me laugh
the rules allowed only something like "Worm let's race".

Not a msn conversation like "how is the car?" "How many lap would you like me to do"...
Quote from Aid :yes but have u ever read the rules mate?

"- Chatting is permitted only between theco-pilots for reminding stop in the pits or to call safety car. Therace must be prepared between the co-pilots before race, so there isnot necessity to talk about strategy by chatting. If you chat too much,you will be warned. If the chatting continues, the sanctions will bestricter."

end of story... if u can't accept that it your problem and drivers that type "no chat" when other team exchanges information actualty makes u illegal and don't respect official rules

I was not only implying to you, the gay pidgeons and the affermatives, code pink and whatnot were just excessive and should have stayed on the cruise servers. Exchanging lol's, good byes, hello's and other irrelevant info was the problem that put people off.
Quote from Aid :BTW Fuse5 i just laughed when i reed your post.... seriously man u make me laugh

Lol. Didn't realise that reeding my post would be so funny. Sad though that you didn't understand the point behind it. If this is just a case of growing your e-penis, and creating a tough-guy forum imago for yourself, then knock yourself out, but don't join leagues like this.
Quote from Aid :yes but have u ever read the rules mate?

No, because you were't allowed to be on server with your teammate that loophole becomes obsolete. Because those rules were written when there were enough slots for everyone to be on server the idea must have been for the spectating person to remind the driver to pit.

You must not distract fellow competitors. End of story. And if we, all others than the 2 or 3 people who were annoying, manage without "code yellow gay submarine pidgeon, confirm Jose alpha one" messages [this is sarcasm to point out how useless chatting is], why can't you. Go grow up some place quiet.
#213 - Aid
Fuse5 let me ignore u because u tall rubbish.

MoMo92i:
my team only used "code 1" "code 0" as call to pit and I reminded my teammate about doing STOP and GO 60s penalty which technically was call to pit and this kind of info exchance rules allow as u can see. and hearing 'no chat' in such case from somebody who doesn't know how to behave on a track is simply rude
#214 - Aid
hyntty you have made 1.587 posts... how many of them were constructive...? any? and please stop saying rubbish if u don't know all facts
Dude, stop it already.

Now you are already panicking, double-posting, and screaming that everything we say is rubbish, while you are either not reading what we write, or can't understand it. Just calm down. It isn't the whole world against you, it even isn't us against you, even if you want to think that way.
It's not my job to be constructive. Nor nice. It's a case of me being right and you epically wrong. I've even got a massive majority behind me.

Now insulting someone is rude. Don't do that again. Insulting someone's actions however I've got every right to.
Congrats to all who finished , it was a great race
#218 - Aid
trust me im not paninking if i double post its because i can see that some ppl here can read but can't read with understanding
I did 7 hours in that race, 4 and a half straight. Nature called so I had to hand over 1 and a half hours from time. Great race everyone, well driven.
Quote from hyntty :I don't understand how you can spin on a straight but oh well.

In my defense it isn't actually straight at that bit of the track although it's generally treated as a straight . It may have been the backdraught from the GTR that just passed me at warp factor 6 that caused my wobble....whatever it didn't end well for either of us :ashamed:.

As for the chat....apologies if we used it more than was acceptable, we did try to keep it to an absolute minimum. We did take the decision to enter at the last minute and spent the time we had available trying to get a setup we were all happy with and also work out strategies and who was available when etc....you all know about trying to get thing organised I'm sure. This meant that we didn't really have time to sort out TS for this time...a bit of a poor excuse maybe but we have certainly learned something for future races.

In general though I really enjoyed the race, although I think I spent more time looking in my mirror than I did looking ahead....constant blue flags . Maybe the speed differential is too great between the GTR500's and the GTLights....just a comment. The most difficult to deal with were the 'stealth' GTR500's....you know, the one's that were behind on laps and were unlapping themselves. You don't get the luxury of a 'Blug Flag' before these babies fly by .
Quote from Wilko868 :I did 7 hours in that race, 4 and a half straight. Nature called so I had to hand over 1 and a half hours from time. Great race everyone, well driven.

The subject of your bladder size was mentioned on our IRC chats . We though you were never gonna stop....or maybe do a 'Coulthard' .
-
(CRC Snightlo) DELETED by CRC Snightlo
Quote from Wilko868 :I did 7 hours in that race, 4 and a half straight. Nature called so I had to hand over 1 and a half hours from time. Great race everyone, well driven.

I had to lap you about 3 times in 3 laps, because every time I got past, I managed to dump my car into the wall. I hope I didn't scare you and make you have... a little accident.
As said before while being online at the server, was a great race indeed and congrats to every single driver that took part.

About the in-server chat issues, I'm totally against that behaviour, there are many many options that can avoid the chat. It had been mentioned by Michael, serious events doesn't allow in race chat at all and I was expecting that kind of behaviour, what's more, the same guy that was constantly chatting, was driving a GT500 and was behind GT350 cars: Constant Chat + No practice at all.

Great performance combo for competition.
Quote from CRC Snightlo :Will there be a lap minus for a disconect? And if did the Tracker minus that lap automaticly?

The tracker takes the lap into account only if the driver is in the last sector.
thanks for the event! was a lot of fun!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG