The online racing simulator
combating street racing
(26 posts, started )
combating street racing
a few days ago i added myself to the LFS group on facebook. a couple days later i get this friend invite from some girl in my city, enclosed with the blurb "street racing invite".

seeing as street racing is illegal, and can result in me getting put in the slammer, and having a car impounded (which would be the least of my problems seeing as my license expired and i don't own a car)... would it be right to report this person somehow? to whom? facebook? my local police? the provincial police?

thanks for your opinions.
#2 - Byku
from a girl? to street racing? FROM A GIRL? DATE HER!
#3 - Bean0
Just ignore it.
Yeah I randomly got an invite from some girl a couple weeks ago who is going to dentistry school. She wanted me to come get my teeth cleaned. Since I had no idea who she was, I ignored it. She did look pretty hot in her picture though.
Quote from UncleBenny :Yeah I randomly got an invite from some girl a couple weeks ago who is going to dentistry school. She wanted me to come get my teeth cleaned. Since I had no idea who she was, I ignored it. She did look pretty hot in her picture though.

Well yeah, shes guna look hot. If it was some fat chick stuffing a quater punder in her gob would you think more or less about going?
No matter what she looked like I'd still think it was a 40 year old dude. And I had just gone to the dentist anyway.
Anyone who advertises anything by randomly inviting strangers on facebook is not someone I'd go to for dentistry work... or anything, for that matter.
#8 - bbman
Quote from bbman :Even if that gets somebody killed?

Him ignoring that message won't get someone killed, some idiot street racing would do that. Also if he tells the police that there is a street race, then it turns out to be fake, they could do him for wasting police time.
They're not going to "do" him if he forwards or sends a screenshot of the message to the cops.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :They're not going to "do" him if he forwards or sends a screenshot of the message to the cops.

I was assuming he would call them, because forwarding a screenshot of a social networking site wouldn't really get their attention, they would do what he should have done and ignored it.
Dont reply..........it's fat Barry from Slough.
I remember a thread on boards.ie ages ago about some girl with "twincamxxxs14xxx16v" or something ridiculous as a username trying to challenge the entire forum to a street race. Needless to say, some lads with serious cars eventually shut her up Was quite funny while it lasted though, claiming that the entire forum was scared of a girl.

OP, I wouldn't worry about it. If it was actually serious, do you think they would send PMs to random profiles on facebook? You could be anyone, a cop or whatever. Even a street racer wouldn't be that thick
#14 - senn
yeah proper street racers are generally pretty touchy about who they invite to races...
Reply with a picture of a police car.
Conclusion: Dont reverse when you see two cars lined up and ready to race.
Quote from Riders Motion :Conclusion: Dont reverse when you see two cars lined up and ready to race.

False.

Conclusion: Don't street race on a crowded narrow street.
#19 - senn
agreed. Take it out country like in the memphis street racing video.
Or just don't street race. Much safer option.
Quote from Byku :from a girl? to street racing? FROM A GIRL? DATE HER!

did she drive an rx-8 and have a face like a soggy mushroom ??

no ?

good, stay away from ym wannabe japanese scene women !!
#22 - senn
#24 - senn
Umm, are they on a highway? How are they not obstructing the flow of traffic? Where I live if you stop on a highway at any time of night, someone is going to rear-end you. Also, in the second video, are the drivers blind or something? They keep leaving early. Also, you can hear one of their engines detonating under WOT. (2:52 through 2:55). The Civic is also a rice burner. I don't care how fast it is. Anyone who drills holes in their bumper like that is a ricer.

More idiots: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWBhtTWztjQ

If I was one of the drivers stuck in traffic, I would just run over all the "street racers". I'd just say I didn't see them. I mean, they're holding up traffic for 6 minutes because they don't know how to launch. Not to mention the fact that they shouldn't be racing on a goddamned highway with any traffic at all, especially since there's traffic coming the other way. Those barriers in the median can only withstand about 50mph well. Something fails on the car, and it spins and hits the barrier at 90mph, it's definitely going to be going over, and hitting whatever innocent motorists are driving down the opposing lanes of the highway.

combating street racing
(26 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG