The online racing simulator
One month free iRacing
(217 posts, started )
Yes - that's the funny thing. The turbo is much more controllable. I realize it's supposed to have better tires but still!
That's funny - I like the XRG.
XRG is my all-time least liked car in LFS. Even when it popped up in CTRA BnJ, I'd always leave the server and come back later. Yet I'd happily race in XRT
I'm the other way around... can't handle the XRT, love the XRG.
#55 - Jakg
Quote from DeadWolfBones :I'm the other way around... can't handle the XRT, love the XRG.

Snap...

Well - Just signed up using my Visa Debit Card from A&L and all works fine - woulda signed up with my HSBC account (with 1p in there) but they need to put (and then take back) $1 to "authorize" the account.

Basically - You don't need a credit card, a Visa Debit will do (although you may have an issue with Solo / Electron / Maestro)
Maestro doesn't work. Still waiting on my code, looking forward to see what has changed since I last tried...
no thanks.
Last I saw you couldnt skin in it and everything looked video gamish. Last I heard you wind up spending alot of money 'buying' new features.

Im sure development is going to go threough the roof now with the economy the way it is. I'll stick with LFS
Visa Electron works just fine for me.
Just subscribed, waiting for accepting. Interesting to try it out, because i'm not that the one who want to pay monthly.
Quote from Gil07 :Maestro doesn't work. Still waiting on my code, looking forward to see what has changed since I last tried...

Scrap that, they don't give codes to people that already had subscriptions before...
yay, got the subscription code, now gotta tryyyyyyyyyy it

E: Do i put the subscription code and apply and then choose 1 month subscription?
E2: nvm. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO dling =)
Heheey, i also got the subscription code.
Lets see how it is.
#63 - Jakg
Quote from Jakg :Snap...

Well - Just signed up using my Visa Debit Card from A&L and all works fine - woulda signed up with my HSBC account (with 1p in there) but they need to put (and then take back) $1 to "authorize" the account.

Basically - You don't need a credit card, a Visa Debit will do (although you may have an issue with Solo / Electron / Maestro)

...and uninstalled.

Why you guys pay $20 a month for that god only knows.
#64 - Byku
Jakg, I have a debit Visa debit card, so it WILL work? Don't have a credit card :/. Just want to be sure ^^.

Edit. Order Declined ....
#65 - Jakg
Wha? I used it fine...
#66 - Byku
Well... s*** happens . Gonna stick to LFS or wait for... newer offline demo.....
Quote from Jakg :...and uninstalled.

Why you guys pay $20 a month for that god only knows.

So you gave it a right good try Jakg and didn't like it? Please tell what you didn't like about it? I suppose the $20 dollars a month can put a lot of people off it.
#68 - Jakg
It doesn't feel... right at all - i.e. the cars seem to be very uncommunicative, and the whole understeer thing feels weird. The tracks and cars are uninteresting, and the physics just don't feel right (i.e. the cars seem to snap way too much, and get into an uncontrollable slide - wheres the balancing? Even in a high-powered slick car it IS possible to hold a slide, albeit for a short period of time...). Where are the proper road cars? WTF is up with the weird sounds?

I gave it about 30 minutes of play - LFS had me pretty much from the first handbrake turn, iRacing.. hasn't.

I tell a lie - I was just about to hit "Uninstall" and thought I may as well leave it installed incase I needed to check something - but I have no intention of continuing my subscription (and have disabled auto-renew).

I could just about justify £108 a year for a game that really did EVERYTHING, but iRacing just isn't that...

To be honest no matter what I do i'll cop some shit for saying it's bad (i.e. for not trying it, or not giving it a fair test, not using it long enough etc).
Fair enough Jakg, you certainly won't get any cop from me for giving your opinion. I do not agree with you though . The only thing that is not too good in my weensie opinion is the fakish, too bright and colorful graphics, but as for the rest I personally think it is the best I've tried when it comes to physics, FFB and tracks. It's also made me enjoy oval racing which is something I thought would never happen.

I have to say though the online racing for fun factor in LFS wins everytime. iRacing is like doing a league race each time and people maybe take it a bit too seriously. I often spend more time trying to avoid losing safety rating or accidently touching another car than actually enjoying close racing.

Oh and I guess this thread is the place to discuss the good and bad. It's pretty decent of Radical to give out some free trials anyway thanks to the OP for posting.
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=378
I wonder would an iRacing cruise server be possible
Screw you with your idea.
Quote from PioneerLv :Screw you with your idea.

Well actually due to high demand iracing are opening a type of cruise server, where the longer you drive around without any accident you can get car upgrades like NOS, wider wheels and a bloody large exhaust.

As Dougie mentioned, the iRacing developers know that their Game will not survive without catering for the masses. What is really annoying for compulsive cruisers like myself is that they're planning to charge another 5 bucks a month for this privelage...that's just not on in my book.
Quote from AlienT. :Well actually due to high demand iracing are opening a type of cruise server, where the longer you drive around without any accident you can get car upgrades like NOS, wider wheels and a bloody large exhaust.

As Dougie mentioned, the iRacing developers know that their Game will not survive without catering for the masses. What is really annoying for compulsive cruisers like myself is that they're planning to charge another 5 bucks a month for this privelage...that's just not on in my book.

You know there are no "Chicks" waiting to be picked up on the side of the road. Don't you Struan?
Unfortunately that's an additional $200 a month Todd

One month free iRacing
(217 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG