The online racing simulator
One month free iRacing
(217 posts, started )
I've just read somewhere else that it automatically renews your subscription once the trial is up. So if you don't want to pay make sure that you unsubscribe before your month is up!
Don't tempt me!
I have a digital voucher (thank you John!!), but I can't use it because I don't have a creditcard! The greedy bastards
Quote from WhizzkidOne :I've just read somewhere else that it automatically renews your subscription once the trial is up. So if uo don't want to pay make sure that you unsubscribe before your month is up!

Yeah, I had that when I tried out LoveFilm. It was annoying and very difficult to get out of.
Do debit cards work?
Heh, gonna register with a used 3V card. I'd like to see them charge that in a month's time

Thanks for the tip, I can see what all the iRacing fuss is about now
I applied for the Radical Sports Cars thing but my email was still in the list of subscribers even though i cancelled my subscription so im not allowed to have the free months trial. Although me and the person who was dealing with it had a long chat about ways of paying (know him from when i used Racesim Central a lot) and he said they are definately working on intergrating paypal but cant say when it will be ready.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Yeah, I had that when I tried out LoveFilm. It was annoying and very difficult to get out of.

Not that hard, in iRacing just make sure that you have ticked auto renew off......not that diffcult and easily avoided.

Quote from piggy501 :Do debit cards work?

Well my bank card, which is what I'm guessing you're asking about, did.
Quote from piggy501 :What a stupid idea! Do they want customers or not?

They're pimping it as a training tool for semi-pro drivers whose teams will hopefully be stumping up the cash (since it's cheaper than track time, fuel and tyres) so they don't really need random plebs signing up. They'll just take them as bonus income.

The single advantage to a pricing scheme like that is that you only need a few subscriptions to cover your server and development costs.
There's still something about the colours in iRacing that make it look very fake, almost cartoon like.

I don't like the fact they will automatically start charging you if you don't ask them not to. It should be round the other way. Their supposed to be creating a community not a bank.
Quote from Bob Smith :I don't like the fact they will automatically start charging you if you don't ask them not to. It should be round the other way. Their supposed to be creating a community not a bank.

I agree. Eventhough it's really easy to not have them renew your subscription (as explained above: just untick a box), such practice always comes across as if you're counting on people's dopiness to generate a little bit of extra revenue.
-
(deggis) DELETED by deggis
Quote from Linsen :I agree. Eventhough it's really easy to not have them renew your subscription (as explained above: just untick a box), such practice always comes across as if you're counting on people's dopiness to generate a little bit of extra revenue.

Shock horror, that's how the huge majority of subscrition based services work. It's the accepted model now, and I can't think of one that does'nt have this.

It's simple enough anyway to exclude from the monthly charge, and considering you're getting the chance to try this for free (was'nt that one of the big moans previously :shrug I do recomending trying it just so that you can finally decide if it's worth the value or not.
I still don't udnerstand why iRacing still don't offer at least a weeks trial themselves. this, I am sure would boost their sales immensely. very odd indeed!
Quote from Intrepid :I still don't udnerstand why iRacing still don't offer at least a weeks trial themselves. this, I am sure would boost their sales immensely. very odd indeed!

Agreed, but then I suppose they have a buisness model/plan which they plan to stick too, maybe they are waiting to see how this free months trial go and see the influx of new customers, if any (god that sounds wrong, but honestly can't think of a better word) before putting out something like it off there own backs

Still doe'nt quite make sense but I suppose you have to applaud them for having a plan and sticking to it and that the constant updates, inclusion of new cars and tracks shows that they are'nt just sitting on the backsides and watching the $'s roll in.
Quote from Intrepid :I still don't udnerstand why iRacing still don't offer at least a weeks trial themselves. this, I am sure would boost their sales immensely. very odd indeed!

AGreed they also need better payment methods

Oftopi: who is that old lady in your avatar
It's Margaret Thatcher, I think.
Quote from hrtburnout :It's Margaret Thatcher, I think.

Yhanks thats gpoing on teh list of poeple that look scary
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Shock horror, that's how the huge majority of subscrition based services work. It's the accepted model now, and I can't think of one that does'nt have this.

Accepted by whom? And more importantly: Why? Because the customers think it's a great model or because the companys think it's great?

For me personally, it inspires a lot more conficence in the straightforwardness of a company, if they use the (apparantly) "unaccepted" model. Like saying: We don't need to do count on your dopiness to get more money from you, because you'll extend your subscription anyway when you find out what a great service we offer.

Anyway, that's rather OT and a pretty unimportant minor niggle.
Quote from Linsen :Accepted by whom? And more importantly: Why? Because the customers think it's a great model or because the companys think it's great?

For me personally, it inspires a lot more conficence in the straightforwardness of a company, if they use the (apparantly) "unaccepted" model. Like saying: We don't need to do count on your dopiness to get more money from you, because you'll extend your subscription anyway when you find out what a great service we offer.

Anyway, that's rather OT and a pretty unimportant minor niggle.

I have yet to come across a subscription based service that doesn't auto renew....from the Video rental shop years ago (mind the good old days of VHS, were there was waiting lists for the latest movies, and having someone on the inside was the greatest one-upmanship in the school playground) to my current gym membership run by the local council. I agree that the other way is a better method, but in the todays culture of doing everything with ease, the auto renew will stay.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :I have yet to come across a subscription based service that doesn't auto renew....from the Video rental shop years ago (mind the good old days of VHS, were there was waiting lists for the latest movies, and having someone on the inside was the greatest one-upmanship in the school playground) to my current gym membership run by the local council. I agree that the other way is a better method, but in the todays culture of doing everything with ease, the auto renew will stay.

I am not contesting that. I am just saying that I wish it wasn't like that and that a company doing it the other way around would immediately be in my good books.
Are you talking about generally about the auto-renew or only this trial? In the email you get after sending the "application", it is pretty clearly mentioned there.
Giving this a go right now, just downloading the updates then I'll be on track testing the car(s). I'm curious to see how much (if any) difference there is in the physics/handling. The graphics im not fussed about, like Bob, I think they're too cartoony rather than realistic.

Just hope I remember to cancel at the end because it's going to have to be damn good to justify spending £15 a month on.
Quote from gezmoor :The graphics im not fussed about, like Bob, I think they're too cartoony rather than realistic.

Lol, that's exactly how I described them on another forum! I haven't seen anyone else use that description (haven't really been following iRacing news). Glad I'm not the only one then
-
(D.Zanetti) DELETED by D.Zanetti

One month free iRacing
(217 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG