The online racing simulator
Snooooowww
(2156 posts, started )
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Last night not only did we have snow, but a thunder and lighting storm while it was snowing...it was pretty sweet.

Exactly the same here! Till like 5-6am..
I´ve ne'ver seen a thunderstorm in winter , ik wish i had some of that what you had.

Every time I clear the bloody stairs.
Quote from -NightFly- :I´ve ne'ver seen a thunderstorm in winter , ik wish i had some of that what you had.

It wasn't that great tbh, exactly the same as during summer, but it's just winter..
E: And as I live halfway on a mountain (Dublin is like one side of the mountain), the noice came from the top of the mountain, then got louder and louder when getting halfway to the mountain and still could hear it for a long time as it went by all the way down to the sea.. And this started like at 2-3am, just before thinking of going to bed. When it started just turned on some music and stayed up till 5am and still going.. Didn't really catch the sleep because of the noices and lightnings all the time :P
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Last night not only did we have snow, but a thunder and lighting storm while it was snowing...it was pretty sweet.

we saw about 6 or 7flashes when it was snowing crazy to see tbh the **** that it was snowing so heavy everything was white then for a short moment it was like daylight and everything was blue!

Finally stopped snowing this morning had about 7inches fall in total in about 12hours, then it started up again tonight for 30mins or so so got another inch, just checked outside and its coming down heavy again! Going to invest in waterproof trousers tomorrow! and some new rigger boots on monday so ill be warm and dry
Fan****ing tastic. I am completely snowed in (the only way out is by foot and I am miles from anywhere) and the water pipes have frozen solid, which would be fine but I live on a natural spring, which means no water board is going to send out bottled water for me.

Time to start melting snow.
anyone know what the weathers like in Ellesmere port
Melting snow and strong rain = pleasure to go home from school.
I wish it would melt round here, but so far I have another 3 days of it to go.

I do wish it would go away and let me get to the shops for food. And maybe warm up enough so I have running water again.
Ah, I'd hate that At the moment, they say it's going to be snowing until Thursday in Ireland
Quote from PoVo :Ah, I'd hate that At the moment, they say it's going to be snowing until Thursday in Ireland

Getting none of it down here
absolutely nothing here in Wigan forecasted a bit for tuesday thats it

Quote from PoVo :Isn't that just so fun? Looks weird but it's very addicting

my rear tyre . Amazing grip on ice, not too bad on snow, and lots of sparks on tarmac. Fun!
Attached images
DSC00227.JPG
Quote from KiRmelius :my rear tyre . Amazing grip on ice, not too bad on snow, and lots of sparks on tarmac. Fun!

Lol, I was cycling on the slippiest road I could find in my area, and boy did the fall hurt I was stupid to use front brakes :\
Quote from Crashgate3 :How do you get to work? Dragging yourself down the street with it?

I drive or ride to work depending on the prevailing weather conditions. But now that you mention it, sounds like a good idea.
I cant believe my eyes its snowing my god need to get to school tomorrow on my bike.
Dam this is going to be one scary drive to school
Quote from Chrisuu01 :I cant believe my eyes its snowing my god need to get to school tomorrow on my bike.
Dam this is going to be one scary drive to school

I never understood people who insist on riding their bikes when there's ice and snow on the road. Sure enough, nothing could stop me from taking my bicycle for a ride on snowy roads when i was younger. Even when i was 18 years old, i still would drive my enduro bike over snowy backroads for fun... but going to work on a bike when there's snow on the streets, no thanks.

Can't you take the train/bus?
Funny that, I am currently being ribbed by a club mate about not riding my usual 34 mile commute on my cycle due to the snow!
I did cycle to work - only about 3 km though - without winter tyres. It's not so bad once the snow has packed and settled, and there's gravel on top. It's the really soft snow, sleet and ungraveled ice that offer literally no grip at all. Now it's a 35 min walk in -20 The other reason I don't cycle during the winter is that I don't use lights, a hi-vis vest or a helmet. Too dangerous when even a little slide can land me under a car.
School closed all weeeek
Quote from PoVo :School closed all weeeek

How much snow you have over there?
Quote from jibber :I never understood people who insist on riding their bikes when there's ice and snow on the road. Sure enough, nothing could stop me from taking my bicycle for a ride on snowy roads when i was younger. Even when i was 18 years old, i still would drive my enduro bike over snowy backroads for fun... but going to work on a bike when there's snow on the streets, no thanks.

Can't you take the train/bus?

Whel when snow occurs public transport will suck and need to get to school to.
So its beats public transport which will not get me to school.

And I'm a boss so I drive whatever the weather.

Snooooowww
(2156 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG