The online racing simulator
F.E.A.R. 2 Project Origin Demo!
(32 posts, started )
This game is brilliant.

Demo Link

The new engine they running now is very stable. I could play it with maximum details. I only had Windows 7 Direct X 9 problems but I fixed it.

I dont know if all Windows 7 users will have it, if so just post in this thread and I will tell you how to fix it in no time.

The demo is a bit short but Go test it!

Btw, I want a new section called Software in the Offtopic forum.
this is gonna be a great game, hasnt lost what it had in the first game which most games do when they bring out a 2nd one. In fact i personally find from the demo it to be better than FEAR 1
downloading atm, can´t wait to test it
1.76 Gb for a demo...I miss old times!
damn that game is pretty scary i have to say cant wait for full
YAY! Downloading! Thanks for the heads up...
Guys PM me if you have d3dx9_40.dll problem. I can fix it for you
Quote from Takumi_lfs :Guys PM me if you have d3dx9_40.dll problem. I can fix it for you

Yea install dx9 would help.
Quote from trebor901 :this is gonna be a great game, hasnt lost what it had in the first game which most games do when they bring out a 2nd one. In fact i personally find from the demo it to be better than FEAR 1

mm+1

Only agreeing with you because I was round your house when you played it.

I was too much of a scaredy-cat to have a go. It gives me nightmares

Will probably buy the full game when I can afford it.
Quote from rc10racer :Yea install dx9 would help.

That didnt work for me. (Windows 7) I don't know if you guys could have this problem too. My pc just didnt install that stupid DX9. Not from the Microsoft site nor Fear 2 install.
Btw Takumi I can't join your server, you haven't configured your router properly.
wow played it few minutes ago, and i really got scared few times.
really great game, but i dont think it will come uncut (in germany)
Quote from BastianB :wow played it few minutes ago, and i really got scared few times.
really great game, but i dont think it will come uncut (in germany)

How is that?

Germany always do this. Like the Carmageddon series changing human into zombies/robots..
Germany is overly politically correct.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Germany is overly politically correct.

But there were fixes to enable the gore back again. Same on carmageddon.
Quote from Takumi_lfs :But there were fixes to enable the gore back again. Same on carmageddon.

the remove the blood or disable the option to shoot of legs or arms and so on.
sometimes a game doesnt even come out here and you have to order it via internet in another country ("gears of war" for example)
Quote from BastianB :the remove the blood or disable the option to shoot of legs or arms and so on.
sometimes a game doesnt even come out here and you have to order it via internet in another country ("gears of war" for example)

That's weird. Well, Fear 2 has more blood than FEAR 1 and Gears of war. I wish you guys from germany luck
Quote from Takumi_lfs :That didnt work for me. (Windows 7) I don't know if you guys could have this problem too. My pc just didnt install that stupid DX9. Not from the Microsoft site nor Fear 2 install.

I'm using Windows 7 too and didn't have any problem, when the game finished downloading I just started playing it... by the way I downloaded the demo from Steam.

This game is amazing, when the first level started I thought it was a video...
Amazing graphics, the engine is really very stable, running on a Pentium D 820 2.8Ghz, 2GB RAM, 9800GT 512MB and the "auto settings" puts 1680x1050, everything activated and everything on "Maximum", AA4x and AF4x, about 30~45FPS
I'm amazed, when I saw some videos people made on youtube I thought it would be disappointing but now that I played it... wow... Can't wait for getting the full game
LOL so it runs better than the old F.E.A.R, which IIRC was the biggest test of a computer system when it was fresh?
Quote from S14 DRIFT :LOL so it runs better than the old F.E.A.R, which IIRC was the biggest test of a computer system when it was fresh?

Well, for now, the biggest test of a computer system is still GTA IV (at least for processor) and F.E.A.R. 2 isn't even close to be the next one if the full release has the same performance as this demo.
But that doesn't mean the graphics aren't good... because, as I said, I thought I was still watching to a video when the level started It looks soooo great in game!
Quote from S14 DRIFT :LOL so it runs better than the old F.E.A.R, which IIRC was the biggest test of a computer system when it was fresh?

yup, it was... then it was knocked off by Crysis, and then GTA came into play with it's processor requirements... anyway...

Yes, it does run fantastically smoothly, a job very well done! On the downside, once I got used to flashbacks and objects moving by themselves, the scariness factor dumbed down a bit... never quite the shock as in first encounters with Alma in F.E.A.R. Great game anyway, adding to buy list
Great now im Traumatized for life and scared to go into schools.
Quote from Sueycide_FD :Great now im Traumatized for life and scared to go into schools.

Sounds like you're on a path to becoming an evil critic... a few brutal childhood dramatic touches, and you're there
#24 - Snny
HI

Damn i got that dx error can u plz help me Takumi_lfs running vista 64

thx
I loved the first one, and I loved the demo of the second one. Waiting the full version a lot

(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG