The online racing simulator
F.E.A.R. 2 Project Origin Demo!
(32 posts, started )
Anyone got it working in WINE on linux? I can only get the menus to work. At first i was able to actually load the little video in the beginning, and start the game, but it looked horrible. Good thing my 500GB hard drive comes in tomorrow. Then I can install windows agian
Just played this thru. Man this is awesome! Every settings on max, 1400x1050 4xAA & 16xAF and it runs nicely, average FPS is perfect, some random FPS drops in scenes with lot activity, but nothing bad.
Combat seems to be a lot more enjoyable than in the original Fear, somehow I found fighting in it a bit of a pain in the ass but this is nothing like it.
Graphics are nice, more colorful world is big improvement.
And the most important part with this game, yes it was friggin scary. The school scene made me really jumpy and made me think about hitting the Esc and exiting game.

Tho I'm not sure if I like the "widescreen effect" what adds black lines to my screen to make it widescreen.
Also I think that noise effect shouldn't be that strong.

I gotta show this to my friend, who is known for being easily scared. I remember in Doom 3 when the first zombies came he actually closed his eyes because he was too scared.
Please, no-one ruin the demo for me, or anyone else who hasn't played it yet but is going to, on the forum. Or at least write it in white text and say "spoiler alert" or something. I'm not installing windows until tomorrow.
Quote from wheel4hummer :Please, no-one ruin the demo for me, or anyone else who hasn't played it yet but is going to, on the forum. Or at least write it in white text and say "spoiler alert" or something. I'm not installing windows until tomorrow.

My advice - run the demo for 3 minutes of gameplay. If it runs smoothly - uninstall and wait for the full version
Quote from squidhead :My advice - run the demo for 3 minutes of gameplay. If it runs smoothly - uninstall and wait for the full version

It doesn't really run at all. I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow to install it under windows lol
That was awsome i will get the full version
Didn't really like the original FEAR, story sucked, wasn't scary and on top of that the gameplay wasn't really enjoyable. Everything felt remote for me. No idea why, 60 fps constantly.

FEAR 2 on the other hand has made some tweaks to the gameplay and it feels f*cking awesome. Story still sucks though. And if you're scared by it, please see a psychiatrist. The only place in the demo that felt it could be scary was the place where the naked lady grabbed me, that thing was ugly.

Anyway, I give a solid 8/10 for it, which is good. I might actually consider playing the full game, because gameplay feels good and it runs great on my ancient system.

E2160 @1.8 GHz
2GB DDR2 800MHz
GF8600GT 128bit/512Mb

Really need a new processor, thinking about getting an E8400 for my birthday.

F.E.A.R. 2 Project Origin Demo!
(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG