The online racing simulator
Dodge and Fiat Form Alliance
(51 posts, started )
Oh now that's funny. Viper engined Punto anyone?
i feal sorry for fiat
lol s14

that would be stupid as puntos are useless lumps of crap (directed at chris) :P

edit: lol alistair
Quote from Alistair :i feal sorry for fiat

How's that? They just got a great chunk of one of the major big 3 North American car manufacturers, and I'd guess it was relatively cheap as they've pretty much broke.
Quote from james12s :

You drove one built in last 20 years?
Quote from james12s :lol s14

edit: lol alistair

yes modern fiats arn't that good but you forget the list of brand names fiat own, there is:
Fiat
Alfa
Lancia
Ferrari
and i think they still own Maserati so that is all but 2 major italian car brands so the fiat group make some verry good cars
#8 - Vain
At first I also wondered why Fiat would invest in Chrysler. Chrisisler is a waste of money from any point of view.
However, this way Fiat gets to use Chrysler's US infrastructure and can thus put cars that are more fit to the modern US market into the showrooms. And Chrysler has no other option than sell itself to whoever is stupid enough to invest in it. Cerberus surely wants to get rid of it.

Vain
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Oh now that's funny. Viper engined Punto anyone?

That was MY line.

EDIT: I'm sure Clarkson would love to drive the 2009 Viper E-conomy version too: Viper with a Punto engine.

EDIT2: Though cornering speeds would be the same compared to a regular Viper.
I agree with that Vain - they could simply build FIAT models in the US, and then watch the sales go up as the cars will be slightly less crap. Don't know how much the build quality would go up though, it's Italians versus Americans ...
Quote from spankmeyer :that was my line. :d

edit: I'm sure clarkson would love to drive the 2009 viper e-conomy version too: Viper with a punto engine.

Edit2: Though cornering speeds would be the same compared to a regular viper.

Indeed
Quote from Alistair :yes modern fiats arn't that good but you forget the list of brand names fiat own, there is:

TBH I can't see how you can say that, Alfa and especially Lancia share a sizeable amount of components with cars carrying the Fiat badge.

However, I've only heard superficial news about the deal, but it seems quite favorable for Fiat, basically if it is landed, they're going to receive the very same money Chrysler is receiving, in exchange for technology transfers, from a brand whose products ATM are unlikely to be in competition with Fiat's own.

Of course with tech transfers you have to watch your back later as the almost bankrupted company you are getting money from may turn into a foe in a few years...
Quote from NightShift :TBH I can't see how you can say that, Alfa and especially Lancia share a sizeable amount of components with cars carrying the Fiat badge.

i ment that the cars are not realy what most people would like to own but it does have is advatages that the Fiat corp can sell cars to most market areas from hot hatches like the 500 abarth to super cars the the enzo
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Oh now that's funny. Viper engined Punto anyone?

It's Dodge who needs help... so it's the other way around... Punto engined Viper
LOL would that even move?
What about a Viper engined Fiat 500
Wouldn't physically fit.
Sweet, Chrysler is on its way to destroying another company with horrible designs..
Quote from G!NhO :i think so if you out a seat on top of the engine

Nice red hot bum then
btw guys i was just taking then piss out of chris as if i remember he used to have a punto lol
Hope you don't mean me, I never had a punto =)

I think the viper engine is about the same size as a full punto =)

I think they both will improve with the alliance. Fiat needed doors into America and Chrysler needs the engineering work done with the small cars. Chrysler also needs the worldwide distribution outside the US.

Potentially, if the managers work together, they can create two of the strongest automotive companies out there. They both now will have the path, they just need to make something that people will really enjoy and afford, which I think between the two of them they can.
Coming to a dealer near you: The Dodge Panda and Fiat 300c.

I hope it doesn't kill Fiat.

(51 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG