The online racing simulator
G25&g51 vs z5500
(82 posts, started )
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :Just ordered z5500, and though that my current wheel can hold up 2months more.. well you know what? It just broke, so I have no money to buy new wheel atm, because I just ordered the speaker set some hours ago..
But It's okay to drive with mouse. I hope z5500 set will be damn good then.

lol thats the kind of stuff that happens to me normal
There are exceptions to the £400 5.1 rule. I've spent a sum total of €40 on my 5.1 setup, and it is just as good as anything I've heard before. I have two sets of stereo speakers for front and rear taken from hi-fis, and then a T3200 for sub and front. The sub is small enough, but my room is fairly small anyway

Actually the difference in gaming between an expensive stereo setup and a cheap 5.1 setup is amazing. Playing Crysis earlier, I could pinpoint enemies in any direction, and nearby grenades going off made me physically jump. If you're into lots of games or music or movies, get the speakers. But if it's going to be just racing, get the G25, it's amazing too

E: Just saw, you got the speakers. Nice
bumping this again.. These speakers are not high quality at all.. I already broke the subwoofer's bolt hole. Sub is attached with only 4bolts, wow.
So basically, the bolt came off when I was listening to music.. Didn't even use boosts. Now can't put it back and lol the bolt hole is now spitting woodshit from it. ehm any suggestions how to fix it without sending it back?
#30 - Dmt
Get Z-2300, very good and powerful speakers
Quote from Dmt :Get Z-2300, very good and powerful speakers

Why? If I can already get new z5500 why should i buy worse ones
You'd better send it back, in order to avoid voiding (..) the warranty.
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :bumping this again.. These speakers are not high quality at all.. I already broke the subwoofer's bolt hole. Sub is attached with only 4bolts, wow.
So basically, the bolt came off when I was listening to music.. Didn't even use boosts. Now can't put it back and lol the bolt hole is now spitting woodshit from it. ehm any suggestions how to fix it without sending it back?

Never had a problem with Logitech myself, but then I've never tried to buy speakers from them. Send them back. Either get a replacement or something legit.
Noticed that it wasn't the subwoofer bolt which was coming off..

Wtf is that holding? Nothing? What is the meaning of this bolthole it's just useless, these bolt places doesn't hold anything. Or can someone tell what is the point of them?

I could just put there something solid stuff and it'd be fixed.

No need for bolts?

Also, will the warranty go off if i take the grill away?
Attached images
IMG_5919s.jpg
#35 - Migz
BUMP.
I got these speakers today, some 2 months or something later then i said i would lol.
Their not as loud as i expected :/ Does anyone have any tips on how to get these to go louder? I've found the boost mode, and the volume+11, is there anything else besides these that ive not found to make it louder?

Btw tomba your not really meant to use the subwoofer at full level or anywhere near for a few weeks. Tt has to go through 2000 hours of use before its ok to go loud with it.
Perhaps tis why it started to fall apart?
Quote from Migz :BUMP.
I got these speakers today, some 2 months or something later then i said i would lol.
Their not as loud as i expected :/ Does anyone have any tips on how to get these to go louder? I've found the boost mode, and the volume+11, is there anything else besides these that ive not found to make it louder?

Btw tomba your not really meant to use the subwoofer at full level or anywhere near for a few weeks. Tt has to go through 2000 hours of use before its ok to go loud with it.
Perhaps tis why it started to fall apart?

Got another set of these so i dont care hehe, and yah for free and didnt need to send the old ones back so i have two of sets these..
And yeah, to get boost 22 you need to push your mute while scrolling more volume
#37 - Migz
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :Got another set of these so i dont care hehe, and yah for free and didnt need to send the old ones back so i have two of sets these..
And yeah, to get boost 22 you need to push your mute while scrolling more volume

:O Why for free?
Yeah i cant get to Boost 22 for some reason. I read about it on websites. But i just CANT get onto it.
On which input can you get onto it with?
Are you using the 3 channel wire thingy with your pc?

I can only ever get to volume+11 or boost +11
Not btoh at the same time :/
you can get it with every input, just hold the mute button from the controlpod, then scroll for sometime

and dont worry about listening on max volume, the sub will not go apart.. if it goes, you contact logitech, they'll send you new ones
#39 - Migz
It isnt working for me :/
I can spin it so that boost + 11 is on, but then the volume +11 just wont work.
Ive tried it on optical and analogue input 2 :/
Quote from Migz :It isnt working for me :/
I can spin it so that boost + 11 is on, but then the volume +11 just wont work.
Ive tried it on optical and analogue input 2 :/

you sure you push the mute putton and hold it at the same time u scroll more volume ?
#41 - Migz
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :you sure you push the mute putton and hold it at the same time u scroll more volume ?

Yes. Because i can get to volume+11 when i dont have boost mode on.

Edit: I set my input to analog 2 (My pc) its currently on normal volume without boost mode. I can spin my volume to full, and then to boost mode + 11.
I then hold mute button and spin it and nothing happens.

I set my volume back to normal. I then hold the mute button and i can go to volume + 11.
But i cant get them at the same time :/

What effect are you using?

Second Edit:
I went on this website and it says

"SUPER VOLUME BOOST MODE 22
There's also Boost 22 for people who use 6Ch Direct mode. Just crank it all the way to Boost 11, then hold down mute button, and keep turning the knob. Boost mode will go from 11 to 22."

Perhaps thats why it doesnt work? I dont have 6ch Direct Mode. I have 3 2ch Direct Modes?
I had Z5500 once, sold them cuz i needed money really much. Now i regret that.

But ... i got all Z5500 modding tutorials, got them from a place what nobody has never heard of. Mind the last sentence, no offtopic

But, if u will get the Z5500 or maybe someone else has it already, then drop me a PM and ill search my tutorial page up. I printed it once, but i sold my Z5500 last autumn and ive hidden the page somewhere.
#43 - Migz
Quote from hazaky :I had Z5500 once, sold them cuz i needed money really much. Now i regret that.

But ... i got all Z5500 modding tutorials, got them from a place what nobody has never heard of. Mind the last sentence, no offtopic

But, if u will get the Z5500 or maybe someone else has it already, then drop me a PM and ill search my tutorial page up. I printed it once, but i sold my Z5500 last autumn and ive hidden the page somewhere.

You've Got Mail!
U mean "PM"?
#45 - Migz
Yeah but it doesnt sound as catchy that way
lool you need first to scroll it without pressing the mute button, scroll it to the max volume, scroll for even longer and it goes to boost+11, then use the mute trick
I though that you already knew that
#47 - Migz
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :lool you need first to scroll it without pressing the mute button, scroll it to the max volume, scroll for even longer and it goes to boost+11, then use the mute trick
I though that you already knew that

:/ I've told you, that doesnt work. I've tried it.
It just wont go into boost+11. I need a soundcard with 6ch for it to work i think.
Quote from Migz ::/ I've told you, that doesnt work. I've tried it.
It just wont go into boost+11. I need a soundcard with 6ch for it to work i think.

no you don't.. in my eyes you've only tried the mute+scroll trick.. I always scroll to +11 without pressing mute button, then if i need the boost 22, i push the mute button and get +11=22db boost
#49 - Migz
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :no you don't.. in my eyes you've only tried the mute+scroll trick.. I always scroll to +11 without pressing mute button, then if i need the boost 22, i push the mute button and get +11=22db boost

I havent? See the bold text underneath.

Quote from Migz :Yes. Because i can get to volume+11 when i dont have boost mode on.

Edit: I set my input to analog 2 (My pc) its currently on normal volume without boost mode. I can spin my volume to full, and then to boost mode + 11.
I then hold mute button and spin it and nothing happens.

I set my volume back to normal. I then hold the mute button and i can go to volume + 11.
But i cant get them at the same time :/

What effect are you using?

Second Edit:
I went on this website and it says

"SUPER VOLUME BOOST MODE 22
There's also Boost 22 for people who use 6ch direct mode. Just crank it all the way to Boost 11, then hold down mute button, and keep turning the knob. Boost mode will go from 11 to 22."

Perhaps thats why it doesnt work? I dont have 6ch Direct Mode. I have 3 2ch Direct Modes?

dunno then, write to logitech.. why it would work only on 6ch

G25&g51 vs z5500
(82 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG