The online racing simulator
G25&g51 vs z5500
(82 posts, started )
G25&g51 vs z5500
I'm about to buy stuff again, I don't have money enough to buy Z5500&G25 so if I want z5500, I need to buy g25 later. If I buy g25, I can get G51 speakers too.. Any experience of z5500? I would like to get damn good speakers, I have now x530, doesn't suit me anymore and would like to get more bass etc. Some people say that x530&G51 differs very much, then again G51&Z5500 differs damn much. And yeah, same time I need a new wheel..
Hard decision. I would like to blow my room with the bass and race with g25 in lfs. help me out.

Z5500= 318e

G25= 224e
+ = 342e
G51= 118e
z5500 will improve everything. g25 will just be sweeter when you get it.
Quote from Gunsmith :z5500 will improve everything. g25 will just be sweeter when you get it.

Yeah I would be getting g51+g25.. z5500 is so damn expensive
Why do you want 5.1 sound system? It sucks if it costs less than 400 euro.
Stereo speakers are the best to buy with limited amount of money.
I'd recomend you to buy Microlab Solo 6 or Solo 7 instead of g51. I have Solo 6 - and it blows my ears and Solo 7 should blow all your home :headbang:
Quote from ddd9022 :Why do you want 5.1 sound system? It sucks if it costs less than 400 euro.
Stereo speakers are the best to buy with limited amount of money.
I'd recomend you to buy Microlab Solo 6 or Solo 7 instead of g51. I have Solo 6 - and it blows my ears and Solo 7 should blow all your home :headbang:

I have no space for that kind of things, and yet my x530 is good as a 5.1.
And it doesn't suck if it costs less than 400e, 5.1 is damn much better than 2.1. G51 will be better but z5500 would be nice if i had money for that and g25.. I guess i'm going for g51 and g25
#6 - Migz
I think you should go for the Z5500 first, and the G25 later.
Im guessing that you probably listen to things more then you race?
If so get the Z5500's. If you race more then you listen to things, then the G25 it is.

I must say that the Z5500's are the current best pc speakers out their, so if you got those, VERY NICE.
Im getting mine in about a week or two
Quote from Migz :I think you should go for the Z5500 first, and the G25 later.
Im guessing that you probably listen to things more then you race?
If so get the Z5500's. If you race more then you listen to things, then the G25 it is.

I must say that the Z5500's are the current best pc speakers out their, so if you got those, VERY NICE.

thanks, I gotta think about it.. because I do both but damn dunno, I couldn't use the volume max because parents doesn't want to listen the bass

damn this is hard, I could get speakers(good ones?) and a wheel sametime, but z5500 would be the dream speakers i guess
Quote from Migz :I must say that the Z5500's are the current best pc speakers out their, so if you got those, VERY NICE.

I do not agree. There are alot better ones on the market these days. Trust me.
If you already have a wheel for LFS, then get the Z5500's first. I've had my z5500 set for about a year now, and i must say, its much better than any system i have seen for the same price.

If you however, dont have a wheel for LFS, then get a G25 first and the smaller speakers, then upgrade to the Z5500's later. Either way, you wont be dissapointed with the Z5500. Its an AWESOME set of speakers.
How about g51, are they any good?
I dont know, never had them or heard them.
#12 - Migz
A friend of mine had the g51's before he got the z5500's.
He said the g51's are alright, their pretty loud, and the bass is ok. But the z5500's are miles better, he said he'd choose the z5500's over the g51's anyday.
I'm sure they are miles better, but they are miles expensive too, 3x from g51 price. After buying z5500 it would take damn long time until i could buy g25.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMQ6g7gu0z4

Manipulating videos.. Maybe will buy z5500, I could take a year break from lfs again until I get g25
#14 - Migz
What wheel do you currently have? If you have one?
Consider this
If you purchase the G25, you have a wheel for life. The G25 will probably be the king of the hill for us normal simmers for a long time to come.

If you buy a cheap Logi 5.1 setup (the Z5500) just to have a 5.1 sound, you'll end up buying a better 5.1 (any high-end audio manufacturer) sooner or later when you find out its shortcomings.

Latter equals money wasted.

My viis markkaa.
I once had a cheap ass 5.1 system. Ditched it within a few months and went back to 2.1. Save the money or get a new wheel
Quote from spankmeyer :If you purchase the G25, you have a wheel for life. The G25 will probably be the king of the hill for us normal simmers for a long time to come.

If you buy a cheap Logi 5.1 setup (the Z5500) just to have a 5.1 sound, you'll end up buying a better 5.1 (any high-end audio manufacturer) sooner or later when you find out its shortcomings.

Latter equals money wasted.

My viis markkaa.

Oh come on Now I have 71euros 5.1 system, and I decided, I'm going to buy z5500 We'll see how it's like, if i don't like i have 14days to send it back, I will get it for my birthday (25th jan).. I'll tell then what it's like!
#19 - Migz
Quote from pb32000 :I once had a cheap ass 5.1 system. Ditched it within a few months and went back to 2.1. Save the money or get a new wheel

It may be cheap but its extremely good.
Why does everyone always think that its always money = quality.
Sometimes its not.
Because money does = quality with speakers. Most of the time.

It obviously depends what your needs are, but I couldn't live with £50 5.1 speakers.
#21 - Migz
Quote from pb32000 :Because money does = quality with speakers. Most of the time.

It obviously depends what your needs are, but I couldn't live with £50 5.1 speakers.

Oh are you talking about the g51's?
I thought you were talking about the z5500's, and there around £200. Not cheap to me :/
Whats your opinion on the z5500's if you were talking about the g51?
Ahh no I agree £200 isn't a small amount of money by any means, I've never heard the z5500s myself so I couldn't comment on them really. I'm sure they're pretty much the best for general PC use, as most people say they are. Those or the older Creative Megaworks (all the new ones are crap).
#24 - Woz
Having been a real hi-fi nut for years I have to say get the G25.

If you are a sim racer nut you will get far more from the G25 than the z5500. The G25 really is a great wheel, you will not get any better without spending SERIOUS cash (read 4 digits).

I am willing to bet most 2 channel sets for similar cash as the Z5500 will sound far far better than the Z5500. Everyone that heard the 2 channel setup I had before I moved to NZ (Linn LP12, Naim pre/power amps and Ruark speakers) said it beat ANY 5.1 they had ever heard. Most actually found it hard to believe it was one 2 channel due to the sound stage it could project with a good recording.

The real trouble with sound systems is diminished returns. Above a certain level you need to spend big to get tiny gains and the level this kicks in is VERY low.
Just ordered z5500, and though that my current wheel can hold up 2months more.. well you know what? It just broke, so I have no money to buy new wheel atm, because I just ordered the speaker set some hours ago..
But It's okay to drive with mouse. I hope z5500 set will be damn good then.

G25&g51 vs z5500
(82 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG