The online racing simulator
To all participants:

As you probably now know a patch with the VWS in is coming on Friday 19th December. Does that date ring any bells with you? (It should lol )

If it's a test patch, PLEASE ENSURE YOU STILL HAVE A PATCH Z'0' INSTALL OTHERWISE YOU WILL BE UNABLE TO TAKE PART.

If it's a full on big patch, then we'll use it as we havn't really got much choice in the matter (or can you bypass auto update....?) But I very much doubt it will be tbh.

See you all on the 19th

J@tko.

(BTW, wasn't patch Z released on the eve of the Kyoto 500 this year? I think the devs have their eyes on when our events are and schedule their patches to co-incide :P)
Best to have the entire pre-patch LFS-S2-Z downloaded and sitting waiting in case the auto update thing happens.

Can we race, or can 1 person race the Scirocco in the TBO (TBOV if it does fit in that class) just for lols?
Can i sighn in as a Privateer?

In TBO class that is

Maybe for fun of it ad a special Chirocco server?(than il be the first wanting to join that
Fack, just change the date! i don't think anyone really cares if its delayed a week tbh.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Fack, just change the date! i don't think anyone really cares if its delayed a week tbh.

I agree, tbh.

I would expect a lot of people not to show up on the 19th.
Quote from zeugnimod :I agree, tbh.

Indeed they shoudl at the least dalayy it by a day and include special chrirocco server so more poeple can take place in the best way to celabrate christmass
Make it the "New Year Welcome" Event and let it happen on the 2nd January.
Quote from Chrisuu01 :Can i sighn in as a Privateer?

In TBO class that is

Maybe for fun of it ad a special Chirocco server?(than il be the first wanting to join that

Yep. Just give yourself a funny team name

Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Fack, just change the date! i don't think anyone really cares if its delayed a week tbh.

Quote from zeugnimod :I agree, tbh.

Sadly agreed. Bloody devs.

Here we go again with the date changing :doh:

Options:
Keep it Friday, but tbh not many will turn up/be bothered cos of VWS.
Saturday Afternoon as mooted before.
Sunday Afternoon.
Monday Evening.

Also think about the people who will not show if you change date of event...
I'd suggest just to update it (the server) and everything... it shouldn't get too complicated... we'd just need to talk to FRO therefore...

about the Scirocco, we could just do another event between the years or even as NDR New Year's Event
Quote from fadeaway :Also think about the people who will not show if you change date of event...

Exactly

Why does everything we do epic fail in some way?
Keep it on the 19th

Quote from J@tko :
but tbh not many will turn up/be bothered cos of VWS.

Whoever does that is a retard, and isn't committed to this event
Quote from TFalke55 :I'd suggest just to update it (the server) and everything... it shouldn't get too complicated... we'd just need to talk to FRO therefore...

about the Scirocco, we could just do another event between the years or even as NDR New Year's Event

I give a thumbs up for this idea don't change the date just make a new years event wich chirrocco only so poeple can do a official singel champoinchip race(as in one race )

With the new car on the edge of the old year
Quote from J@tko :Here we go again with the date changing :doh:

Options:
Keep it Friday, but tbh not many will turn up/be bothered cos of VWS.
Saturday Afternoon as mooted before.
Sunday Afternoon.
Monday Evening.

Erm, if you read Scawen's post you'll see he says it will be released during the week ending Friday the 19th. So it's likely it won't be released on the 19th. Is everyone really gonna just be racing and driving the car so much that they can't spare a bit of time to compete in this race?

If it's the whole big patch issue then that can be negated by just telling us which to run - ie, not auto updating or having Z around somewhere (and not updating your server obviously!).

So why does the date need to be changed? It's not like many have pulled out due to being on the 19th, and even then they've been replaced.
he wants to avoid me being the head admin for the race
Hmm, yes boothy I misread that.

Can someone tell me if it's confirmed that the Scirocco will be in the TBO class please?

EDIT: Lol, no falke :P
Goons, think about all the other shit we'll have to do that day, its not about commitment, its about time and physics changes even, if they change stuff we need time to adapt
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Goons, think about all the other shit we'll have to do that day, its not about commitment, its about time and physics changes even, if they change stuff we need time to adapt

Thats why Im asking the above question.

If the Scirocco is defo going to join the TBO class, then surely the TBO class will need to change or the Scirocco is gonna get pwnt
Just keep this date and everything will be fine...
Look at the specs, http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Cars:TBO - VWS is 200 bhp so is down on power, that's why I suggested just 1 car enter for a laugh.

Pearcy, there's no need to adjust to physics changes - just run with patch Z!
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Goons, think about all the other shit we'll have to do that day, its not about commitment, its about time and physics changes even, if they change stuff we need time to adapt

Quote from J@tko :Thats why Im asking the above question.

If the Scirocco is defo going to join the TBO class, then surely the TBO class will need to change or the Scirocco is gonna get pwnt

There was nowhere said that the physics are changing? And I don't think it joins TBO...

about the 200hp boothy talks about? where did you get this specs from?
Quote from TFalke55 :There was nowhere said that the physics are changing, nor that the Scirocco is part of the TBO class... Think of the power the Scirocco has got? Do you really think a car with these specs is going to join TBO... I doubt it, though I do not know the TBO average specs by heart. I've seen several tests on this ugly car on TV and it was much more powerful than the good ol' FXO seems to be...

but maybe that's just my half-knowledge

Scirocco has 200bhp, TBO cars have ~240bhp.

(And Falke you are sacked for calling the Scirocco ugly - its fricking awesome to look at!)

I'll give you guys a definitive answer tomorrow. Keep posting your opinions
just let a couple off drivers use the scirocco

maybe it has much better handling than the other tbo's so it ca run with them, but we shall see when its released
Quote from boothy :http://www.lfsforum.net/showth ... light=scirocco#post893780

okey xD also looked at the VW homepage says the same...
hmm okey now...better having an New Year's Event for the Scirocco

btw: Jack'n'Joe can you two make some epic mass pm'ing to collect everyone's real name... Cause it is no league event we don't have the numbers infront of the real name.

Please make everyone stay within the format F. Surname (this space is damn important) and without any colour (wich is also damn important for the alias function)...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG