The online racing simulator
Quote from Hypothraxer :
I really look forward to the series but maybe it would be possible to start one hour earlier?

+1 ! During Race 3 I was so tired...
Quote from Hypothraxer :My first race ended in lap 1 (sorry Mr. Grindle! I really didn't see you there and thus closed the gap).

No worries mate, first lap was epic! Thanks for the apology
Quote from Hypothraxer :
I really look forward to the series but maybe it would be possible to start one hour earlier?

Was gonna suggest that myself. It is a bit late like this.
Quote from Hypothraxer :

+1
I'm going to be here for the full season. I definetly had loads of fun even though things didn't go the way I wanted. Should be fun trying to keep up with mr. Rudy!
Consider me signed up for the whole season.
Quote from Rikje :I'm going to be here for the full season. I definetly had loads of fun even though things didn't go the way I wanted. Should be fun trying to keep up with mr. Rudy!

same..
this is some good experience i think
gotta try to keep the failmeter down

anyone can upload the .mpr's btw?
Now I've had a sleep I can report on my races:

Qualification:
Got given our team set at the start of quali, and got some gd laps in and so qualified in 12th, which was quite alot better than I expected. Not too far behind Timo either.

Race 1:
Got a good start, got from 12th on the grid to about 8th after T1. Made a couple of mistakes (including one which I got yelled at for on vent :P) and came 9th IIRC. And got 5th (or was it 4th) fastest lap too, so I was pleased

Race 2:
Another good start and got up to 7th after T1. However, I got tapped by the #22 (the guy in the purple, possibly Alfa skin whose surname I cant remember :P) [btw no worries, I do that all the time :P] then got caught up in a lag collision and dropped right back. I then just decided to give it everything and made my aim to catch jwardy who was about 10 seconds and 3 positions in front of me. Managed to overtake pringels and the other guy in one move, then broke my pb twice and so nearly caught Jack on the line

Race 3:
wow. Started 13th and made my aim to try and catch Timo who started 2nd. Got yet another good start and was 11th after T1. Again decided to just absolutely cane it and get as high as I could. Managed to get past a few people and decided to try and catch the top 5 who were all battling. Caught up with Yann and the Fredrikson, they hit each other and I got past Fredikson as he span. I was now about 1.5 seconds behind Yann with 1.5 laps to go. Started to really push hard, but I too was being caught by Wilkinson. He was faster than me in Sectors 2&3, but I was faster in Sectors 1&4. Coming out of the esses over the last split line on the last lap I was about 0.8 seconds behind Yann and only 0.5 seconds in front of Wilkinson. I thought my chances at 3rd place (de Jong had retired by then) had gone, but then I remembered having a sneaky look at Yann's tyres a couple of laps back and his front left was really quite hot. My tyres in contrast were just about perfect. As I came down to the hairpin on the last lap I knew that if I could get good drive out of the corner I had a chance. But oh no, bloody Mr Wilkinson tried to go up the inside of me! How dare he! Luckily I lost minimal time and avoided contace, got awesome drive out the corner and was just behind Yann coming out the hairpin. I knew I had to take the last chicane perfectly and go for the draft out it. Luckily I took it absolutely perfectly, Yann in contrast did it quite badly. Got in his draft for about a second then drove to the line, yelling various things at my computer including "Dek's gonna love this " (And boy he did lol). Beat Yann by 0.03 seconds after 23 mins of racing. 3rd place was so much more than I'd expected from the evening and so I was really pleased.

I think I must have been in an FXR for at least 6h over the past few days so ill be using a different car over xmas

After the 2h on Friday I was physically pretty shattered. After last night I was mentally shattered

Anyone got the replays btw?

Thanks to the admins, any chance of a bit less of time between the races?
I'd say even start it 2 hours earlier, at 1800 GMT. And tbh, the day was quite long as is. Cut out some of the breaks. I'd even go so far as to say cut out the FP 15 minutes before qual. If they haven't practiced before showing up to the server, why should they be gifted that last-minute time to practice ? Leave qual as 15 minutes, then go into races.

And doing a /end between the FP and qual was, imo, slow and stupid way to admin it. Easy to just do /qual=15 followed by /qualify - also, after qual and races, you don't need to ask drivers to spec before doing /end. Just do /end, then do /clear - that clears the grid completely by an admin. Easy, quick. Also, it helps to forbid any chat during grid setting procedures. Personally, I call cars in the grid simply by putting their name in chat, nothing else. I do this a few times (reasonable lenght, 45 seconds or so) and then go to the next. If they don't join in time, then start them at the back. I also always have someone set in the grid as a failsafe - someone who doesn't go ready at all until instructed to do so, to prevent an accidental start, which could happen.

But yeah, the time between races was a bit too long-feeling. The whole day took 2.5 hours or so - could easily have been done in 2 hours. Cutting out that 15 minute free practice is going to save time all round. Everyone should be in server at least 5-10 before qual starts, so the FP is simply unneeded, from my view.

But overall, great job. Just some of my thoughts.

d
Quote from dekojester :I'd say even start it 2 hours earlier, at 1800 GMT..

Good point, it was neary 11pm GMT when I got finished last night, so we will schedule the meetings earlier in the evening from now on.

Quote from dekojester :Cut out some of the breaks. I'd even go so far as to say cut out the FP 15 minutes before qual...

Also, yeah I agree. The server was open the whole week for racers to use so no need for a FP as well.

Quote from dekojester :And doing a /end between the FP and qual was, imo, slow and stupid way to admin it. Easy to just do /qual=15 followed by /qualify - also, after qual and races, you don't need to ask drivers to spec before doing /end. Just do /end, then do /clear - that clears the grid completely by an admin. Easy, quick.

In this instance, Darren was adminning his first race meeting, and as such (considering there were no massive issues), he did brilliantly. I'm sure he'll read the post and take on board what you've said - it's all about experience. We'll be right on the ball for the next meeting.

Here's the Replays!

Enjoy guys, I'm just about to upload Race 1 - I needed to trim the footage. Apologies in advance for the quality, I'll re-encode a better one later on in the week.
I was watching the action on the live stream with a few others and must say some quality racing guys.

I would like to be signed up for the seaosn please. Just watching it last night has made me want to be apart of it.
Quote from Joe_Keaveney :
In this instance, Darren was adminning his first race meeting, and as such (considering there were no massive issues), he did brilliantly. I'm sure he'll read the post and take on board what you've said - it's all about exoerience. We'll be right on the ball for the next meeting.

Here's the Replays!

Agreed, for his first adminning that was pretty good. There were no major gaffes at all. I'd say adminning is about 10% ability and 90% experience.

And tyvm for the replays
Quote from Joe_Keaveney :Good point, it was neary 11pm GMT when I got finished last night, so we will schedule the meetings earlier in the evening from now on.

think about the guys GMT + 1

And yea the FP isnt realy needed, if ppl didnt prac before that the FP wont help them to make sets etc just to short amount of time,

from quali to race1 i didnt understand why we went race end, and then everybody joining again we could just start the race wenn we were on track and it should have been fine.

same for race 2 if the start was just done as results previous race we didnt need to go end screen, and for race 3 there is some insim availeble that the admin can change the top 8/9/10 and the rest stays on same place and yet again we dont need to go race end screen then will safe alot of time

Anyway this is what a practice race is about finding out all stuff like this ^^,
Quote from Rudy van Buren :think about the guys GMT + 1

Ahem! there's people from +2 (maybe 3) aswell
Quote :
And yea the FP isnt realy needed, if ppl didnt prac before that the FP wont help them to make sets etc just to short amount of time,

from quali to race1 i didnt understand why we went race end, and then everybody joining again we could just start the race wenn we were on track and it should have been fine.

same for race 2 if the start was just done as results previous race we didnt need to go end screen, and for race 3 there is some insim availeble that the admin can change the top 8/9/10 and the rest stays on same place and yet again we dont need to go race end screen then will safe alot of time

Anyway this is what a practice race is about finding out all stuff like this ^^,

It is quite crap with some applications tbh. So my advice would be to start making preparations veeery early before the actual race start For example an hour or so extra and you'd perhaps had time to make the RaceControl app, grid orderer and TvDirector working
Finish for 3rd place in Race 3 attached
Attached images
lfs_00000096.jpg
I agree with the comments about saving time and we always planned on making things a lot more streamlined for the full season. As well as seeing how much interest there would be in such a league the other idea of this warm up was to iron out these type of things before we went into the full league.

But please keep the comments coming and any advice is always welcome. We want the final product to be exactly what the community wants and I think by reducing the time between races etc we'll be pretty much there.
A few suggestions :

1) SC periods in case of pile-ups. I agree that a SC wouldn't be a good idea last night because as6's lap is very long, but in other tracks, it would be good for the driver's immersion and for the viewers(there's nothing more annoying than seing cars flying everywhere and then spectating immediately when you are a viewer. It looks so unrealistic)
2) A rolling start in Race 2 or 3 maybe? Like in WTCC?
3) A point for the highest climber in Race 3.
4) Quali in two parts, Q1 and Q2, like it will be in WTCC next year... But it must be hard to admin such a difficult system I guess...
5) All of the skins should be given to the man who make the stream(i don't remember who it was yesterday) in high-resolution.

And count me in the season please.

Quote from J@tko :Finish for 3rd place in Race 3 attached

It's the background of my desktop now. Even if my skin looks bad in low-res.
I will also sign up for the full season when sign up opens The best lfs league will becon if it carries on the way it did last night
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :
It's the background of my desktop now. Even if my skin looks bad in low-res.

Gimme your e-mail and I'll send you a hi-res bmp version rather than a compressed jpeg. At least it'll be slightly better
I'm signing up for the whole season. I couldn't keep the pace with most of the others but I was enjoying the session a lot...
Hi racers,

Can I say thank you to all that turned up last night - I thoroughly enjoyed watching the racing, and was thrilled to see so many people excited by the racing.

I've put up Race 1 now - you can find it in the 'ON-DEMAND' section of the ICON TV or Mogulus - or if you let the video play, all 3 races are shown in the the order they were raced.

I'm gonna be working now to get a more comprehensive page together - this will include stats from all three races, links to the replays, videos, race reports, and video analysis. I'll let you know here as I publish each part.

As a team, ICON will look at how we can improve the show - not just doing what we need to do better, but seeing what new things there are that we can do.

Cheers

Joe Keaveney - iTCC Admin
im in race 3 woop , count me in aswell for the season
The results have now been published on the iTCC Site for last nights warm up event... Guess who landed the most points on the night

Regards
LOL I came 5th overall

And a good points haul for Team NDR
Quote from results :V. Laprevotte

Hello, name's Yann.

Can't belive, Simon and Rik are far away behind me in the points ranking !:yipee:

Great work, keep it up ! See you all during the season...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG