The online racing simulator
Quote from boothy :Joe, noticed the race format and I have to take issue with the grid order for race 3 - the reverse position should not be fixed, it should be random so nobody tries to hang back and get on pole for race 3 - the BTCC does this, a random reversal point between 6 and 10 inclusive (changed from your method a few years ago) and IIRC so does the WTCC.

Yeah I know - the problem is how to randomize the reversal And I had written the rules that way before thinking it may be a bit complex.

The only way I can think of doing it is to literally pick the number out of a hat - thus ensuring a random reversal Either me or the admin on the day will pick this number from said hat. Consider it changed! (Changed back to what I intended to be honest!)
In excel, =Rand(6,10)

(I think that only works in 2007)
Quote from hyntty :That is not completely random. You can't do random with javascript iirc

a program for random numbers is never really... the only random thingy is, that at any point of the program there is the time as input...
Quote from hyntty :That is not completely random. You can't do random with javascript iirc

It's random enough.

Well just as well it isn't done using JS then isn't it?

According to the website it is "truely" random...
Quote from Joe_Keaveney :Can't download the app boothy - looks interesting.

Thanks for the links! Keep the ideas coming...

The Grid Order App is what I use to actually order the grid in LFS.

I use either the RAND function in Excel to generate a randon number, or one I found online when I can't get Excel where I'm at at the time.

And so yeah, when you gonna upgrade your server there to 47 slots ? If it's on 500servers, it's nothign extra, AFAIK.

d
I made my skin.... All OK with you, Joe?
Attached images
Untitled-1.png
Here's what my skin looks like. Co-incident that a V8 Supercar is sponsored by Valvoline and has the number 33. (Looks different to this though)

I used the older iTCC plates for this, and that's why the plates are stretched.
Attached images
iTCC#33 Preview1.jpg
iTCC#33 Preview2.jpg
iTCC#33 Preview3.jpg
Quote from dekojester :The Grid Order App is what I use to actually order the grid in LFS.

I use either the RAND function in Excel to generate a randon number, or one I found online when I can't get Excel where I'm at at the time.
d

Can you send me the app please Dekojester? The download won't work from the site.

Quote from dekojester :And so yeah, when you gonna upgrade your server there to 47 slots ? If it's on 500servers, it's nothign extra, AFAIK.

I'll look into it and let you all know
Heres W00T Motorsports iTCC Skin (preview is without number boards but are actually on) thanks to TsunamiSephi for producing the skin
Attached images
Wootrac.jpg
That's a nice and eycatching skin there Wilko.
Quote from Thunderhead :I made my skin.... All OK with you, Joe?

Fantastic skin, Alan....really nice

Perfect with the plates.
Quote from Joe_Keaveney :Fantastic skin, Alan....really nice

Perfect with the plates.

thanks.

But, I see some people are resizing them- is that all all right? IMO, everyone should have them the same, without everyone sizing them up and down....

(yeayeayea I know I'm annoying I'm Mr. Numberplate lalalalalala....)
please put me in the cannot attend test race, as per the pm i sent you Joe
Quote from Thunderhead :thanks.

But, I see some people are resizing them- is that all all right? IMO, everyone should have them the same, without everyone sizing them up and down....

Well actually the way you have them is the correct way. So please leave them as they are.

The others have done it wrong, but that's mostly my fault for not sorting the numberplate kit out sooner - so I'll let them get away with it this time.

However, it should be the way yours are for the season itself. So please leave yours the way they are, they're correct.
Quote from Thunderhead :thanks.

can you upload them in higher res? 1024*1024 is a bit... a bit bad for skinning would be much better 2048*2048
Quote from Joe_Keaveney :Well actually the way you have them is the correct way. So please leave them as they are.

The others have done it wrong, but that's mostly my fault for not sorting the numberplate kit out sooner - so I'll let them get away with it this time.

However, it should be the way yours are for the season itself. So please leave yours the way they are, they're correct.

hahaha. I knew it...

edit: Tfalke- I didn't make the number kit, someone of the ICON team did. I did provide a couple of mine though....
Quote from Thunderhead :hahaha. I knew it...

edit: Tfalke- I didn't make the number kit, someone of the ICON team did. I did provide a couple of mine though....

ok
Quote from TFalke55 :can you upload them in higher res? 1024*1024 is a bit... a bit bad for skinning would be much better 2048*2048

Ah yes, didn't think about that.

Here it is - DOWNLOAD

I'll make it available in the original post too.
Server 's not online
Quote from TFalke55 :Server 's not online

What server? The download link or the team server?

I tried them both and the download works, and the server IS online.

Maybe you tried LFS Remote, Remote keeps de-activating when no-ones on the server for a while.
Quote from Joe_Keaveney :What server? The download link or the team server?

I tried them both and the download works, and the server IS online.

Maybe you tried LFS Remote, Remote keeps de-activating when no-ones on the server for a while.

sry should have cleared it a bit...
I mean your LFS server of the PM... did you update it to a testpatch somhow or something like that?

EDIT: Mistake was that the PM did not gave the correct name... ICON Racing - Server 1 but ICON Server 1 sry my fault

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG