The online racing simulator
This might sound like a stupid question, or I might've just skipped a line somewhere, but is it the free practise session that begins at 20:00 GMT?
cheers
hye guys, i was just having a look at David's skin. It might not be a bad idea to suggest that drivers carry their nations flag on the roof. i think it could look very good!

@Joe: wrt the number plates. where exactly should we be placing them. I have placed mine behind the doors, david has placed him in front of the doors.

One other thing to everyone, seems as though this is a PRACTICE event, would anyone be against posting their sets with laptimes. This might help us put on a better show for the practice event which might draw some extra attention!
Attached images
Dizzy ITCC.jpg
Quote from Dizzydarryn :

One other thing to everyone, seems as though this is a PRACTICE event, would anyone be against posting their sets with laptimes. This might help us put on a better show for the practice event which might draw some extra attention!

Thumbs up for that! Since I'm already participating in the NDR christmas event I probably won't have time to dish out a decent setup (not to mention the Mini FBM on Saturday...).
ive found that the gt1 sets get you within 1 sec of WR pretty easily so its not that difficult to get a decent set... but, it could be difficult if you dont have time to change gear ratio's etc.

Id be willing to share and post replays, as long as im not the only one ;-)
Quote from boothy :Regards the numberplate, I think it should be as close to the B/WTCC style as possible, it should be as close to the edge of the door as possible and should have editable text, for adding your chosen number. Then the layer should be made available to us, so that it can be added to a Pro Kit, ready for skinning.

Quote from Dizzydarryn :@Joe: wrt the number plates. where exactly should we be placing them. I have placed mine behind the doors, david has placed him in front of the doors.

Thanks for the idea, Boothy! Excellent idea! Here is the FINAL numberplate kit, consider this one the kit that should be used for both this race meeting and the iTCC championship itself. Don't worry though if you've already skinned and it's different, I'm not that uptight about it for this race.

Here is the link

iTCC Pro-Kit

Included is the Master Skinnerz Blank Pro-Kit and readme, thankyou very much to those guys for making such great kits!

Darryn, take a look at the kit, my friend. I would like the numbers to be as close to the forward edge of the door as possible.

Like this!

Cheers!

Joe
joe? would the NDR skins be fine just for the pre-season event
Quote from TFalke55 :joe? would the NDR skins be fine just for the pre-season event

Yes definitely Thilo, just fine the way they are
I am in
In game name: [SR] I Abbas
LFS name: Ihab Abbas

Yes for FXO support league

1- contact simracingtonight staff and give them race highlights.
2- try to get some good sponsors like logitech,BH,butricker etc.
3- arrange some interviews with drivers , admins ,race marshals.
4- post race best shoots to be analyzed by good analysts from LFS community
Good ideas, Ihab, I like the sound of driver interviews.
Joe, I have already sorted out my skin and everything, using the iTCC plates in the first post. Previews of my skin are coming soon.
Quote from Ihab Abbas :
1- contact simracingtonight staff and give them race highlights.
2- try to get some good sponsors like logitech,BH,butricker etc.
3- arrange some interviews with drivers , admins ,race marshals.
4- post race best shoots to be analyzed by good analysts from LFS community

Too add to that list I'd also suggest a live broadcast to make the sponsors happy? :P
I need a good set maker to help me with set conversions.
PM me please.
Quote from evilpimp :Too add to that list I'd also suggest a live broadcast to make the sponsors happy? :P

There will be a live broadcast at ICON TV (as seen in first post). Commentator will be Dekojester, so far i know. Joe did a great job, it runs very well .

Some of the other stuff you suggested are in progess, so stay tuned.
I am looking forward to 21th december to see you all on track.
Race Numbers now available!
Hi Racers,

Your numbers are now available. Please follow the instructions on the first post at the start of this thread.

Make sure your numbers are displayed correctly on the supplied numberplate.

Also make sure you have uploaded your skins to LFS World.

Lastly, make sure your 'in-game' name is in the correct format, e.g.:

2 D.Zanetti

I will be passwording the server TONIGHT sometime, before I do so I will PM every driver with the password. Please do not release this password publicly as it would mean having to change the password and inform every driver all over again.

Thankyou everyone for your interest so far, and may I wish you all the best of luck for Sunday's racing.

Cheers

Joe Keaveney (iTCC Admin)
Amazing, I got my lucky number Also what times are you guys doing atm?
Hmm 20, is it a big problem if i make it 57

Awell i dont see the number myself while driving anyway

uhm times i know i did 2 timed laps but what that was hmm

2.46? or 56 dunno
Can we have the numberplate kit in 2084x2048 resolution, please?
33 for me please. EDIT : Oops, I failed, I thougt that the number was free to choose. Anyway I have 33+1, so it's still good

Is that make a problem if I haven't my definitive for the test-race? Because I'd like to work in the VWS this week, so I won't have so much time to create a nice skin during the rest of the week.
Quote from Rudy van Buren :Hmm 20, is it a big problem if i make it 57

Awell i dont see the number myself while driving anyway

uhm times i know i did 2 timed laps but what that was hmm

2.46? or 56 dunno

Sorry Rudy, the reason I have given everyone numbers is because (my fault) I didn't ask at the beginning what numbers people wanted to use.

To be honest, I haven't got the time now to update number lists with everyone's favourite number, which is what would happen if I let everyone choose their numbers. So I hope you'll understand that for this race, everyone will be using the numbers I've given them.

Again, an oversight on my part so my apologies there - for the proper championship season number choice will be open (apart from number 1 - no'ones the champion in the 1st season are they)
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :
Is that make a problem if I haven't my definitive for the test-race? Because I'd like to work in the VWS this week, so I won't have so much time to create a nice skin during the rest of the week.

As long as it has a numberplate and number on, that's fine..
Is it still possible to "Be intrested"? :P
Quote from Tomhah :Is it still possible to "Be intrested"? :P

We do already have 10 or so reserve drivers, Tomhah - I could add you to the reserve list but honestly I can't see 10 drivers pulling out of the event before Sunday.

Once Sunday's meeting has been held, we'll be looking at when the best time in the New Year is to start the full 2009 iTCC Championship. It won't be long after the New Year, that's for sure.
Quote from Joe_Keaveney :We do already have 10 or so reserve drivers, Tomhah - I could add you to the reserve list but honestly I can't see 10 drivers pulling out of the event before Sunday.

If 18 people show up I'm surprized.
Quote from hyntty :If 18 people show up I'm surprized.

You're right - I shouldn't turn anyone away.

Tomhah, I'll PM you the details.
Quote from hyntty :If 18 people show up I'm surprized.

'Aye - you can roughly divide your entry list by around 2.5 and minus 6 (made up but reasonable estimation), and you'll probably get the total amount of drivers that show up. It's no offense to the league - it's just people.
Joe, noticed the race format and I have to take issue with the grid order for race 3 - the reverse position should not be fixed, it should be random so nobody tries to hang back and get on pole for race 3 - the BTCC does this, a random reversal point between 6 and 10 inclusive (changed from your method a few years ago) and IIRC so does the WTCC.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG