The online racing simulator
Live For Speed Hot Pursuit Mod
(81 posts, closed, started )
I think this is the typical point. In his posting with "we" he means himself

He just had an "great" idea but cannot find anybody who realises his idea. So he's just searching someone who does his job under his leadership and to improve the chances of finding such an idiot he's writing it, that we should think he already has a "mod-team", a "we".... lol

for the german speaking people here: there's also such guy who thinks he'll find some idiot that does all his work and he can get the credits:
http://lfs.foren.4players.de/viewtopic.php?t=11869
Dead mint.

(From Manchester that means crap!)

Sorry mate, bad idea.
Quote from VorTeX3k :I think this is the typical point. In his posting with "we" he means himself

He just had an "great" idea but cannot find anybody who realises his idea. So he's just searching someone who does his job under his leadership and to improve the chances of finding such an idiot he's writing it, that we should think he already has a "mod-team", a "we".... lol

for the german speaking people here: there's also such guy who thinks he'll find some idiot that does all his work and he can get the credits:
http://lfs.foren.4players.de/viewtopic.php?t=11869

I do have a mod team, but..... its only 3 people.
You can't mod LFS now,and I hope you can't mod LFS ever. It should stay as the developers creating it.

For the rest: LOL! This seriously made me laugh. Or cry.
1.Coders
2.Modelers
3.Texture artists
4.Audio editors
5.Lots of luck
6.Chuck Norris
7. A bucket of soapy Frogs.
8. A wet suit with the arse cut out.
Do you try anytime to program anything on a computer ? only a little stupid visual basic calculator ? ... i am sure that you don't have at least the minimal idea that how a computers works.

I don't know WHY a lot of people thinks that develop software is like play with the lego.. ¬¬' . for this short mind a description is like a Rubrick cube but no 3x3 , a 9x9 size Rubrick cube.

to do this at this stage you need to do a lot of Reverse Enginering(sorry if i type this incorrectly), and is a verya heavy work to do, second if you arrive to do , and you can make a car builder for lfs (only valid until next patch), i sure you will be banned from Lfs community, at least by the developers.

sorry i am too acid... but from mi view of computer student and love of programming i am too tired of people that things are easy.

and to start a project o search some people to join with you first show any that can they believe in you, and don't think you are a crazy guy with crazy nfs ideas ..

nfs is for boys , and lfs is for mens , and NO , I DON'T WANT TO SEE MERGE OF TWO.
Forget LFS, just not possible.

Look for rFactor, is much more modable.
i think its possible.. if you are a superduperultramegahackcrackingdebuggingdecryptingdisassemblingcompiling coder illepall

lol "mission impossible" unless u have the source code i think
1.Coders
2.Modelers
3.Texture artists
4.Audio editors
5.Lots of luck
6.Chuck Norris
7. A bucket of soapy Frogs.
8. A wet suit with the arse cut out.
9. A "Blockbuster" rental card, as I think this game exists already.
10. A couple of Chux - those soapy Frogs can be messy.
If you are a good texture artists there is no reason why your game could not be made, just maybe not in the way you think it will (as an LFS mod). There are programmers and modellers amongst this board - some of them veterans of the independant games development circuit, i'm one of them.

With all indi's though you'll have to wait your turn before your own project comes to fruition - serving your apprenticeship on other peoples projects and all that. It's all down to the team you join, and how much talent you have.
god dammit, is this guy totally illeterate?

ITS NOT POSSIBLE!... man.. its his 3rd post asking the same question..
seriously this pissed me off enough to post, this guy has a good idea, you guys could tell him its gonna be hard, but theres like 50 posts of you ****s bashing his post, seriously your laughing at this guy?, you guys are the ones that make it just that much harder for any modder..... if your gonna bash a post, just dont even ****ing post
I don't think you get it mate. They are bashing him, because he still thinks it's possible, while it just isn't. At the start they said him it wasn't possible, he keeps holding up he can do it, so why is it so weird people bash him eventually?

It's just not possible to do coding for this game, or modeling. He can do the texturing bit, and for a certain extent, he can mod the sound. But that's it! And these two things have been done before, so there will be no mod for this. Just download the cop skins, and the police sirens, and you're done with it, end of story.
They were bashing him from the first post.. lol

seriously, thats why i dont even bother posting on these forums, if you ask one question, it always ends up like this, look at almost every post..
As far as I'm concerned, when you begin modding a game, you first check if it's possible, by seeing if any other mods are already been made, or there is a hint that it's possible. But you'll more likely find more threads about the source not being open, so not moddable. If you don't take time to look at other peoples work, or questions, you probably don't put real effort in the mod either. If you're really interested in modding a game, you don't go on a forum saying: I need people to do this, and that, I don't wonder if it's possible or not, I'm gonna start it anyways.

And for people bashing everyone around here for asking questions, it really depends on the question. Look at GTA forums, when someone comes in and says: I'm gonna make a mod, and I need people to do the modeling, the texturing, the coding. You'll be flamed and burned down instantly. Another example, almost every person that I have seen on the racer forum talking about creating a big city/mod for racer, gets told it will not work. I do have to admit, at this moment, there is a great joint venture project going on for a city that looks like it's coming together pretty nicely. But in racer it's possible, not in LFS
i can hear Tristans Fingers pounding the Keys...
No, that's him grinding his teeth
intresting keyboard/fingers he has then... *illepall me*
I just laughed so hard i shit myself.

Funniest post of the year so far.
It really pisses me off though that all games with cars in them don't use the LFS physics engine and controls. Games like the 18 Wheels of Steel series and the GTA series would be so much better

Just how cool it would be to drive a 18-wheeler on a highway with the LFS physics model
Don't know if LFS supports 18 wheels and a trailer. But I have thought about GTA a lot of times with LFS physics!

I just wished these kind of games on playstation worked with my dfp, I would love to drive around New York in driver with my wheel. But there is no way to make it work, unless there exists a usb to playstation converter
I know that the Playstation2™ has USB ports on it already. Look under the controller ports at that blue-colored area. But, if you're talking about Driver™ for the origional Playstation™, then I guess my post is pretty pointless. As for this city mod. I think it'd definately be fun to have these physics in a game like that, but at the same time, as everyone has already stated, LFS cannot be modded that way.
Dont bump old topics please, unless you have something important to add to the conversation.
Quote from Hatemaker :I know that the Playstation2™ has USB ports on it already. Look under the controller ports at that blue-colored area. But, if you're talking about Driver™ for the origional Playstation™, then I guess my post is pretty pointless. As for this city mod. I think it'd definately be fun to have these physics in a game like that, but at the same time, as everyone has already stated, LFS cannot be modded that way.

I'll make the thread a tad more usefull than. I know my playstation has USB ports, but the game driver (3 or parallell lines) doesn't support the DFP, so that's why it doesn't work.

Okay, it is a useless thread, could somebody please lead it to the door?

Let's play house, you'll be the door and I'll shut ya
Not entirely sure about the Soapy Frog thing, that may be illegal in some areas of Canada if you are under 16.
This thread is closed

Live For Speed Hot Pursuit Mod
(81 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG