The online racing simulator
Live For Speed Hot Pursuit Mod
(81 posts, closed, started )
Hello everybody, I would like to announce the start of development on a mod called LFS Hot Pursuit ( yes it is bassically a nock off of NFS HP, but. its going to be much better) A mod putting Police Officers against Cuvilians and Suspects on freshly textured levels and vehicles.
But, we need help.

We Need

1.Coders
2.Modelers
3.Texture artists
4.Audio editors

Please anyone who can do any of these 4 we would really apreciate your help!

If we do not get any of those 4, the only changes will probably be textures, because i am a texture artist.
The only thing you can do is change the skins and code some kind of an insim app. But you can't really change that much...And modeling and sound editing...

I can already hear tristan typing positive things about NFS - LFS relations
Gotta be a joke. All you need is to clone Scawen and you'll be all set.
#4 - Gunn
I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Truth.
lol what do you plan on 'trying' to edit? ..besides textures...
Quote from XCNuse :lol what do you plan on 'trying' to edit? ..besides textures...

that is a good question
I cant hold this in much longer.......

HAHAHAHAH
Poor guy.. he just had a dream is all

would be good if it was possible
#9 - axus
Classic... wow. illepall
Quote from Hyperactive :
I can already hear tristan typing positive things about NFS - LFS relations

I'm gonna beat him to it! Wouldn't it be great to have the physics of LFS, with the sensation of police chases and real exotics, it would be a blast!!

Thing I've always dreamed of: LFS physics in GTA... driving a car with a real feel to it, in a nicely layed out city... aaaaah
1.Coders
2.Modelers
3.Texture artists
4.Audio editors
5.Lots of luck
6.Chuck Norris
#12 - Jakg
Quote from sgt.flippy :I'm gonna beat him to it! Wouldn't it be great to have the physics of LFS, with the sensation of police chases and real exotics, it would be a blast!!

no
Quote from -YR-BDINGU :If we do not get any of those 4, the only changes will probably be textures, because i am a texture artist.

Do-it-yourself
Quote from sgt.flippy :
Thing I've always dreamed of: LFS physics in GTA... driving a car with a real feel to it, in a nicely layed out city... aaaaah

LFS MMORPG !! Free-way driving with LFS Physics on real world roads (at least you don't need license for those ).

Ahhh, good old Test Drive 3 - waiting for train to pass by, running over chicken on road, driving into stable of stupid looking cows, heavy snowing, police cars chasing you when you pass signs with 40 mph...

Well, as long LFS stays on racing tracks, police chases would look kind of stupid tbh.
:lfs: is a RACING Simulator, not a driveinacityandandbeacoporsomethinglikethat Sim...
Quote from -YR-BDINGU :
We Need

1.Coders
2.Modelers
3.Texture artists
4.Audio editors

If we do not get any of those 4, the only changes will probably be textures, because i am a texture artist.

So basically, you are looking for people to do it for you

Well, don't count on me, sorry. Apart from using the InSim/OutSim
data, i don't see how that is possible right now anyways.

Good luck!
Thanks for the replys, i guess. The reason i need coders is for the flashing lights really, i need sound artists for... sound, modelers for light bars (witch we dont need), i can code for myself if i need 2, it will just take 2 years because i dont know where the code is ( comon im 14 years old here). And thats about it.
Haha, yea ok. :rolleyes:
Let me try to explain it plain and simple here... it.. is.. not.. possible
Especially not the lightbars you're talking about, you can't add models to LFS, you can't even change them. You know what game you need? Racer, make your own model for it, make your city, wait for online to be setup (or new AI) and you're off for a good start.

How come I'm starting to sound like a racer fanatic/advertiser while I haven't played it for over a year... And frankly I don't even miss it that much, too much hassle for controls and settings I'm a lazy guy
because you've heard all of us say it about 500 times already lol
ok, so modeling isnt possible, how about making head lights brake lights and indecator lights flash in a emergency vehicle pattern?
thats a texture; yes, but they will ONLY work if the turning signals and headlights and stuff are where they are ingame, just remove the texture/make it white to see which areas are for the headlight and which are for the turning signals
you just have to edit the .dds files.
i mean the coding so it flashs diffrently.
Nope, isn't possible.

The only thing you can change in LFS are textures and sounds (to some extent). This game isn't yet open for modding, and it probably won't be open for the next few years.

You could try rFactor, though, if you aren't bothered by ISI physics. This sim would be ideal for your modding needs (it was bulit for modding, or so they say).
This thread is closed

(81 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG