The online racing simulator
LFS Photomode Competition 20th Week "Kyoto 500"

This weeks theme is... "Kyoto 500"

Rules: (made by Me!! (), these will not be changed)

Make an edit of the Kyoto 500 Oval race, using screenshots taken from the following replay:

http://koti.phnet.fi/hynrau/timo/kyoto%20500.mpr
This is a Patch Y replay. It shows as neither "Obsolete Replay" or "OOS Error", and should run fine on Patch Z. If you experience any problems please let me know.

You may edit the picture in any way, but it must be a screenshot from this race.

Some of the high-res versions of the skins used in this race can be found here: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=44735

Cars: FO8 (XRR (The XRR is the Kyoto 500 safety car, you may show it in part of your edit, but the focus should be on the FO8s)
Track: Kyoto Oval

As usual, a preview pic of no bigger than 400px on one edge, a link to the high res version and please write 'Final Entry' if it is so. Once you have posted your final entry, any edited posts will be removed from the competition.

Any entries with preview pictures bigger than 400px on any one side will not be accepted.

NEW: Sod the 'NEW' format of last week, because it was hopeless. Enter as normal.

All entrants to post between Monday 10th November and 23:59 GMT on Friday 14th November.

No renders or old images to be used. Use only your own work.

Thanks and good luck to all.

Note: If you enter, you must be prepared to provide a theme on Monday if you win, because I cannot start the competition late and have to quickly invent a theme.

ugh, this is going to be difficult... just need a good idea.. we can use the User Cam right? (shift+u)
Yes, sure.
well, tough theme this one...my PC's snail-performance won't help at all, and a huge replay and hi-res skins will be worse...but what a hell, I'll see if I can enter this week too
If anyone has missing skins and they need them for their picture, tell me the skin name, and I should still have them on my PC from when I was running the race. Since I was the Race Director and all.

:-D
I've edited the 'cars allowed' to include the safety car (XRR), although the focus of your picture should be on the FO8s racing.

Quote :Cars: FO8 (XRR (The XRR is the Kyoto 500 safety car, you may show it in part of your edit, but the focus should be on the FO8s)

#7 - J@tko
Quote from JO53PHS :I've edited the 'cars allowed' to include the safety car (XRR), although the focus of your picture should be on the FO8s racing.

Joe just wants to be in the picture

Although, it was probably me driving as Joe was having dinner IIRC (AGAIN!!)
It was Timo driving
Final Entry
FINAL ENTRY

DK_USA

I Thought This Was Pretty cool. But of Course you guys Will Find Some way of Making Better Pics... So Have at it... I wont be back till Thursday....

Attached images
Preview.jpg
Kyoto 500.jpg
#10 - ___
I have a simple idea but idk if it stays in the rules (400px) i think thats the size right??? or is it something else?
#11 - ___
Sorry for double post, first time doing this (comp thing). Heres my picture. Sorry that i cant do better. Hoping i dont win becuase i know im not to good at themes lol... Umm, just to be safe, i made 2 images. One is 399px x 299px and the otehr is 1280px x 960px. Hope they dont have to be 400 x 400. These are my final post. again sorry
Attached images
Final small size (399px).jpg
Final Large size.jpg
Quote from ___ :Sorry for double post, first time doing this (comp thing). Heres my picture. Sorry that i cant do better. Hoping i dont win becuase i know im not to good at themes lol... Umm, just to be safe, i made 2 images. One is 399px x 299px and the otehr is 1280px x 960px. Hope they dont have to be 400 x 400. These are my final post. again sorry

You should be okay, as 400px is the max size for previews. You can go under, but not over. And your hi-res pic doesn't have a size limit (am I right? Can't see anything restricting this.) Oh, and you are supposed to have 2 pictures - one small, one big (as you have done!)
Quote from ___ :Sorry for double post, first time doing this (comp thing). Heres my picture. Sorry that i cant do better. Hoping i dont win becuase i know im not to good at themes lol... Umm, just to be safe, i made 2 images. One is 399px x 299px and the otehr is 1280px x 960px. Hope they dont have to be 400 x 400. These are my final post. again sorry

Very, very nice work

Quote from Timdpr :You should be okay, as 400px is the max size for previews. You can go under, but not over. And your hi-res pic doesn't have a size limit (am I right? Can't see anything restricting this.) Oh, and you are supposed to have 2 pictures - one small, one big (as you have done!)

Theres no max limit for the hi-res pixxor. And yes, you're supposed to have a (max) 400x400 preview and a 1337 hi-res version
Quote from DK_USA :FINAL ENTRY

DK_USA

I Thought This Was Pretty cool. But of Course you guys Will Find Some way of Making Better Pics... So Have at it... I wont be back till Thursday....

ehm, I hope that in Thursday you realise that Kyoto isn't in America, so Kyoto 500 isn't really "The Great American Race"

oh yeah, my PC got messed up (crashes when I open Windows Explorer, quite weird thing IMO), so I won't be able enter this week...
Quote from DK_USA :FINAL ENTRY

DK_USA

The Kyoto 500 is supposed to be the Indianapolis 500 of LFS, so it'd be The Greatest Spectacle in Racing.

The Kyoto 250 (that NDR runs as well) is supposed to be the imitation of the Daytona 500 - The Great American Race.

:-)

d
FINAL ENTRY

This is my contributions to this competition. Hope you'll like it.
Attached images
kyoto500small.jpg
kyoto500big.jpg
Quote from dekojester :The Kyoto 500 is supposed to be the Indianapolis 500 of LFS, so it'd be The Greatest Spectacle in Racing.

The Kyoto 250 (that NDR runs as well) is supposed to be the imitation of the Daytona 500 - The Great American Race.

:-)

d

oops.....eh eh... Well Then I Guess I know Im Not getting any votes...eh eh

Srry, Dont Know Much About Racing....Only Drifting.....
#18 - ___
Quote from DK_USA :oops.....eh eh... Well Then I Guess I know Im Not getting any votes...eh eh

Srry, Dont Know Much About Racing....Only Drifting.....

Same here, i dont race at all just drift.
A picture .
Attached images
LFSPHOTO20.jpg
LFSPHOTO20PRE.jpg
Looks like you've got it easy this week Joe...

(Sod's law dictates that after I've posted this there'll be a flurry of about 10 more entries...)
No offense (:razz but the topic was kinda strange. You could have just named it "oval racing" or something like that. Making a picture of one mpr is restricting it too much, IMO.

But I don't participate anyway.
Final Entry....
Attached images
Photomode comp Preview.jpg
Photomode comp hi-res.jpg
Yeah, the topic failed...It failed so much that I couldn't think of an idea for it.

Blame Dekojester, he suggested it... I was going to do LFS cars in real life/real life cars in LFS but thought it would be too hard...

-_-

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG