The online racing simulator
Driving games or Open World games
(30 posts, started )
hey is there any games out there you guys would recommend that are driving games like LFS or rFactor that have mods so i can get my favorite cars and also it would be great if it is open world aka free roam like Mafia or GTA SA but not those games. I don't really care about realism. oh and preferbibly no NFS games
I can only think of:

http://www.racer.nl/

it's a project aiming for realism (though last time I tried it was no where near LFS) where the community can make cars and tracks, and a lot of those tracks are free roam roads.
http://pc.gamezone.com/gamesell/p21079.htm

http://games.portalit.net/game ... l-racing-redline_716.html

Street Legal was potentially a great game, not only could you totally customise your cars, but you also had to build them, if a part broke or fell off you had to take apart the engine and rebuild it correctly. The handling was a bit crappy, but challenging, and it's extremely easy to destroy your car. But the big let down was the amount of bugs, it's such a buggy game you would be lucky to find a working copy.
TDU works apart from the modifications, where you can only tune your engine. Plus there are so many cars (and packs being released both on PC and Xbox) that you'll never really be short ._.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :TDU works apart from the modifications, where you can only tune your engine. Plus there are so many cars (and packs being released both on PC and Xbox) that you'll never really be short ._.

Unless you get it for the PC, in which case you will probably not be able to play it unless you're one of the 0.0001% of people that have a specific graphics card. TDU on the PC is more buggy than Street Legal, and that's saying something.
o_O How so?

I've logged nearly 1000 hours and have had no "major" problems, it works well with my 2900HD (And also works with my old X1900XTX) with only 1GB of RAM.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :that you'll never really be short ._.

well... i'd have to disagree with you... there are many cars that I wish they'd imply....

Porsches came in only as RUF (and only in a carpack) and there's no sign of a proper Charger R/t (the 1971 is not as good as the 69... don't you think?) I'd like to see a NSX there , or a Supra... a lot of great cars are missing... at least it has a 512 TR, it's a beaut
Hmm... The only games I'm waiting for are Midnight Club:LA and NFS Undercover. I'm guessing you ain't interested in those sorta games. I am, as you get to showoff your rides online, and alot of people play those sorta games.
"my wimz r bigger den urs y0!!"

"i have n0z!"

"oh ye? i hav dubz rimz and NEONZZ!!! and NOS!!"

I probably will turn off the Mic feed, or just ignore it.

tbh, I haven't played tuning games online before. Only offline.
Midnight Club: LA is definately on my list of games to buy. I remember playing Midnight Club 2 online on my PS2, the online game types were so much fun and they are making a come back for the new one.
hey thx for all the sudgestions i'll look some of them up
Waitwhat ?

Are you talking about MC:LA on the PC ?

If so, I'll be rather happy

Sarge.
World Racing 1 and 2 has really big areals, physics are ok (only have the first one), its nice to drift with a pad,a nd you can find various cars online.
No, it ain't coming on the PC.
Plus TDU has a great modding community as well, so it's way worth picking up now.
Quote from ACCAkut :World Racing 1 and 2 has really big areals, physics are ok (only have the first one), its nice to drift with a pad,a nd you can find various cars online.

Omg forgot about that.

World Racing 1 was f*cking epic.
-
(squidhead) DELETED by squidhead
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Omg forgot about that.

World Racing 1 was f*cking epic.

Ehh, do you agree with me or do you think WR1 is rubbish? I don't know what you mean
Agreeing it was great.
I used to play WR1 and WR2, fun games... Tho on WR1 there were no traffic, but if I remember correctly it had better physics than WR2.
WR2 was a fun game too, modded it very much, I had tons of cars in it.
Physics were enough to have some fun.

Bad problem with WR2 is when you drive on road what has elevation changes, in incar view the car shaked very horribly, at least with mod cars with stiff suspension. It was horrible, so the only places where I liked to drive was the Italy and the City map.

But, WR2 has a starforce.
I have just found out the quantity of mods released for WR1...

/runs off to dig up his copy of WR1
Touge runs are so going to rock in a proper car, not a Mercedes Benz
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :http://pc.gamezone.com/gamesell/p21079.htm

http://games.portalit.net/game ... l-racing-redline_716.html

Street Legal was potentially a great game, not only could you totally customise your cars, but you also had to build them, if a part broke or fell off you had to take apart the engine and rebuild it correctly. The handling was a bit crappy, but challenging, and it's extremely easy to destroy your car. But the big let down was the amount of bugs, it's such a buggy game you would be lucky to find a working copy.

It started buggy, but a guy in the modding community helped Invictus debug the game and by the time he finished it was playable (and some of the mods out for it make it even better).

The downside to the game was it is made in Java, so it rapes your CPU. Plus side is resolution has little impact on the performance of the game, so you can ramp it up to max and at most loose a couple of frames a second.
Would you be so kind as to share a 'link' to the patch or mod or whatever so we can 'buy' or 'download' the game and play it without being bugged to death?
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Would you be so kind as to share a 'link' to the patch or mod or whatever so we can 'buy' or 'download' the game and play it without being bugged to death?

You should get the Invictus live updater and install 2.3.0 LE afterwards.

But, this game is a pretty oldie. Played these with my 2ghz pc.

(30 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG