The online racing simulator

Poll : How much degrees(lock to lock) do You use?

"Real Life" values(FZR 540*, FOX 270*, XFG 720* etc)
max 270*
max 360*
900* or 720* comp. to 0 on all cars!
max 540*
900* and compensation to 0 in road cars!
max 180*
max 90*
#1 - Byku
G25, how much steering lock do You use?
Hi guys, there was a discussion below my thread, but i though a poll would be more practical(no flame please ). Some of You have G25 or other 720* wheels. Do You use "real life" vaules? Or are You more into speed than realism? I'm simply curious how many of You are more into "real" than into "speed". Thx for answers and stuff .
I prefer a more realistic experience over being the fastest driver on the grid. A simulator is about realism
You can create a poll...

I use "real" values. So 720° in road cars, 540° (720°) in GTR's and 540° and 400° in Single seaters. 270° only in MRT.
#4 - Byku
I know, i was working on it , i'm using real values.
Using real values too. It feels better, I don't think I could use 270° or whatever in a road car again
Quote from Gills4life :I prefer a more realistic experience over being the fastest driver on the grid. A simulator is about realism

Same here. Realism is over all for me
i only use 200* for everything , but hey thats me .
900° and WTC at 1.0 in LFS.
#9 - JEP
900* and compensation to 0 in road cars.
On formula cars, the compensation 1.00.

I use the "Real Life" Values. But it annoys me to stop the Game, go to the Profiler and set the new Lock whenever I change a car. I suggested several Times that LFS should do that, like Richard Burns Rallye did that on the PS2 with the DFP. But I never got heard and I think that it will never be implemented.
Real values here...
900 for road cars, for ie. GTRs and Formulas I use the value LFS has.

On other games like ie. rFactor almost on every car 900.
Wups, I voted wrong I use 720* and WTC to 0 on all cars (voted real life values). As far as I know there's no car in LFS that uses 900* so I see no point in using that
You wrote FOX 270° in the poll - it should be 450°.
#15 - Byku
Oh crap... sry my mistake . Could a moderator edit it correctly? What a shame
Quote from buedi :I use the "Real Life" Values. But it annoys me to stop the Game, go to the Profiler and set the new Lock whenever I change a car. I suggested several Times that LFS should do that, like Richard Burns Rallye did that on the PS2 with the DFP. But I never got heard and I think that it will never be implemented.

You don' have to do that, though. Just set it to 720 degrees both in Profiler and LFS, and wheel turn compensation to 1.0, and it will automatically set it self up correctly for any car.
Without FF stops though, which is a pain
Quote from buedi :I use the "Real Life" Values. But it annoys me to stop the Game, go to the Profiler and set the new Lock whenever I change a car. I suggested several Times that LFS should do that, like Richard Burns Rallye did that on the PS2 with the DFP. But I never got heard and I think that it will never be implemented.

why? set compensation to1 and you are set... there is no need to go to profiler or am i missing something.

Ps. im on 720° compensation to 1 (votet for real life value since it is )

edit: oops didnt see gnomies post
900, 100% FFB in the profiler, 200% in the game. Which has almost sprained my wrist a few times already but a steering wheel pulls in real life :P
Quote from Gil07 :Without FF stops though, which is a pain

I've NEVER had to turn the wheel far enough that the FF stop would have interfered...
Whichever the devs designed it for. So 720 in the road cars, 540 in GTRs, 450 in S-S and 400 in the BF1. However, if I'm in the UF1 I got for something more like 900...
Quote from JazzOn :why? set compensation to1 and you are set... there is no need to go to profiler or am i missing something.

Ps. im on 720° compensation to 1 (votet for real life value since it is )

edit: oops didnt see gnomies post

But when you set this, teh G25 will turn all 720° with all cars which is not good.
Quote from Flame CZE :But when you set this, teh G25 will turn all 720° with all cars which is not good.

No... people just don't get it. When you set it like he said, try XRT... You will have 720° as expected. Then choose MRT for example. You will have still 720° on your wheel, but you will need only 270° of it - it will still turn same like in LFS - it will be still realistic... and the rest 450° is dead zone. I don't see differents between set it like this and changing the value all the time.
Or wait a minute.. would the force feedback be stronger if you set it to 540 in the profiler rather than using the method I described above, for the GTR cars for instance..? I've never tried, so I wouldn't know...
I set it to 540° in the profiler, and 720° in LFS with WTC = 1.0

This way I get 3/4 of the 'real life values' eg. 540° for road cars, 405° for GTRs, 338 for FOX and FO8 etc

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG