The online racing simulator
Quote from boothy :
Race 2 was better as I took advantage of the hairpin pile-up. However I would like to say to #8 Jack and others for future races - don't reverse back onto the racing line when cars are still taking the corner!!!!111!!1 :| It's lucky you weren't collected again.

Did I reverse back onto the racing line? God I'm so sorry

I have a nasty tendancy to do that tbh, tho i do usually look behind me first.

I'll check the replay too later, and sorry if I caused anyone to crash
Quote from dekojester :The following drivers are hereby required to email the high-res skin they used in Round 4 (all of them, if more than one worn) Qualifying, Race 1, and Race 1 to the race director at jpalmerjp (at) gmail.com

#50 S.Moore

These drivers are required to send their skins by 2100 UTC on Tuesday, 16 September 2008.

d

Im not affraid to own up. I used a default skin. Didnt know we had to use our own skins. Also in my defense Boothy got me via MSN when quali had allready started I had completly forgotten about this race till boothy asked if i was racing.

So for the next round do I need my own skin or something. Sorry didnt know was supposed to be using our own skins as the car changes every race.
Quote from scotty2888 :Im not affraid to own up. I used a default skin. Didnt know we had to use our own skins. Also in my defense Boothy got me via MSN when quali had allready started I had completly forgotten about this race till boothy asked if i was racing.

So for the next round do I need my own skin or something. Sorry didnt know was supposed to be using our own skins as the car changes every race.

YOu just need to slap your car number on the car in prescribed places. For tintops, on the doors and bonnet, and for single seaters, on the nose, and the rear wing endplates.

d
Quote from dekojester :Provisional Results (Straight off the LFSStats Press, only doctored the TSV to make the graphs to get rid of Joeseph's line.)

Qualifying Results

Race 1 Results

Race 2 Results

7Zip File of Officially Used MPRs

d

Hi,

i can't download MPRs from FileFront.com anyways, no matter if FF or IE. I have continuous error:
"Your download has failed. There were no available download servers. Click here to try your download again."

Can someone upload MPR from Round 4 to other location ?

Thanks,

Petr CGY (96 P.Jelinek)
Quote from dekojester :YOu just need to slap your car number on the car in prescribed places. For tintops, on the doors and bonnet, and for single seaters, on the nose, and the rear wing endplates.

d

Ok thanks ill get it sorted for the nxt round. Appologies for not doin it this previous round.
I didn't have my number on the rear wing end yokes, as in the official rules it doesn't mention it, and also there's no mention of it in the Q&A thread...Plus I made the skin literally at the start of qualifying...I did have my numbers on the fuselage though, in lieu of a door number

I also have it corrected for my skin in the next round though...
Rob here is indeed correct, there is nothing in the regulations about skins for single seaters, indeed I would like to see how many people flouted the regs in the first 3 rounds and did not have a number on the driver's side of the bonnet.

Although, dekojester did say in-session where the numbers had to be on the skins.

This isn't a huge massive deal, but its nice to see all skins meeting universal regulations, especially as it's being 'taped'.
meh i just put my number everywhere
bah ill make a decent one for the next round ^^
Just do what number 82 did. Stick your number in every available spot on the car and you cant get accused of not putting your number on it then.
Well, technically deko's regulation is that the number is on the nose, but the '82' was sideways and so not completely on the nose of the car. The skin therefore is invalid

Anyhow, lets get back to the racing, rather than faffing about with skins too much, as, after all, thats what we're here for
Quote from J@tko :Well, technically deko's regulation is that the number is on the nose, but the '82' was sideways and so not completely on the nose of the car. The skin therefore is invalid

Anyhow, lets get back to the racing, rather than faffing about with skins too much, as, after all, thats what we're here for

lol
dont say my car wasnt recognisable enough XD

Quote :bah ill make a decent one for the next round ^^

Cant get on the server has someone changed the password.

The pass is

right
The pass is off now... that was the aftermath of Jack and myself failing
Quote from scotty2888 :cant Get On The Server Has Someone Changed The Password.

The Pass Is

Right

******* in caps
Joseph you epic failure!!!!!!!!!!!

Will be set back in a few mins

EDIT: I'm very slow :S

And please dont post the pass on the forums
Sure, it's not in the Q & A thread (Which you would be well off to read), and I thought it was in the regs (which you shoud for sure have read) but guess not (guess what I need to add !)

BUT !

I did post it in the Pre-Race Discussion thread when asked, on 1 September: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=911869#post911869 (A thread which you should also read)

:-)

d
The skinning n00bs could've just looked at a real Formula Renault car for number placement...

Any news on what kind of punishment I'm going to get for my epic fail in race 2
I'm still pondering the two outstanding crashes.

d
The Lap 1, Race 2 incident involving cars 111 and 50.

Car 50 is found to have turned into the path of Car 111, causing an avoidable incident. He will be penalized 3 driver points.

The Lap 1, Race 2 incident involving cars 117, 69, 88, 82, 86, 141, 96, 86, and 08.

Cars 69 and 82 were found to have triggered the massive incident. Car 82 turned into the corner from the outside, contacting at least two cars, and Car 69 broke late (compared to other drivers) and went into the grass and back onto track. Both drivers are being penalized 5 driver points each.

All car skins will be inspected for compliance with number placement.

For car numbers misplaced: WARNING - Make sure they are correct for next round.

All qualifying efforts will be inspected for proper telepitting procedure obeyance.

The following cars will be assessed a two-spot grid penalty at Round 5 for pitting outside of a pitstall or garage:

Car 888
Car 111

Car 50 will be assessed a 4-spot grid penalty for two violations of this.

d
If I was the driver of car 82 I would be appealling against that decision, it was only a minor collision. What happened was pretty much all down to me (car 69) and my epic fail when I forgot where the brake pedal was, I hope what I have will be taken into consideration
ehm i agree i braked a little late and had to go wide and hit d.lobb (he himself went a little bit wide too tho) while turning, causing him to lose control (it actually helped him to avoid the main crash and gain 2 positions ) and i take blame for that
but i dont rly think i triggered the main crash

dont rly care tbh
so im not appealing
The incident which resulted in the penalty to Car 82 was seen as a separate instance to the one with Car 69, and the two ended up meshing together, hence the separate penalties for the "same" incident - they both were the start of the thing, everything else was collateral.

d
Quote from dekojester :The Lap 1, Race 2 incident involving cars 111 and 50.

Out of curiosity (and maybe also for future reference):

Why doesn't rule V.1.a (The inside car has to have significant overlap over the outside car to have the rights in the corner) in the NDR sporting code apply in this situation? Because in that case car 50 would've had the rights in that corner and would've been eligible to cut the corner?
Having just watched the incident, I can see why Deko has given the penalty he has, and I agree with him. #50 is at fault because there is absolutely no way that he looked to his right to check whether there was a car there before rather violently turning into that 'corner' (BTW - that isn't a 'corner', as its completely flat out and only has a small radius), and #111 had almost no time to react by letting off the throttle.

@ Deko - points standings please?

I think people want to practice with their ballast

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG