The online racing simulator
#1 - J@tko
Round 4 Post-Race Discussion
Talk about it here

Incidents in both races are under investigation

My crap race is described below
Sorry that I wasn't there for the first part of the second race. My brother claimed that "He just wanted to check something"... 1 hour later

I just want there to be one round where I actually SC properly, and don't have to have dinner or beat my brother up
Safety car period in race 2 was completly my fault, I got over excited on cold tyres and couldn't stop the car in time going into the first hairpin.

For that I apologise, especially to 96 for ruining his race.
I guess SC1 was my fault. I thought I was past Keaveney and also that he had the possibility to go a bit more to the right. I didn't see that Laprevotte was on his right so I clipped him with my back right tyre. Sorry about that :/

Though getting hit in Hairpin 1 in both Races isn't really that pleasant either. Nevertheless: Was an awesome race especially the fight with Oliver in Race 2.

Edit: Big big big Kudos to Darryn for letting me pass in Race 1!
#5 - J@tko
Well, everyone says I epic fail, and now I see that they truly have a point

What a truly shit evening.

Quali:

30 seconds before quali starts (and just as the last person joins), my internet lags out, so i take everything downstairs (laptop, wheel, me, adapter) and plug it all in, and start. This costs me at least 7 mins of quali. I manage a decent lap in quali, but can't help feel I could have done better.

Race 1: Got an alright start, but managed to climb a place after T1. Went well for a few laps, as people kept spinning behind me. By about lap 3/4, I had got up into 3rd place, miles behind 2nd but quite a bit ahead of 4th

Then, coming through the left-right kink after the S/F line, I think I must have pressed the 'open music player button', thats a touch-button just to the left of my keyboard. So, WMP opened and minimized LFS. How bloody useful. Fortunatley, thanks to LFS' slightly dodgy physics, despite smaking the wall at 140mph, i had little damage, and only lost one place. However, I was now thick in the battle for 4th place. We came across the S/F line 4 abreast next time round, and someone span, and took us all out :P

Anyway, no worries, I got to about 8th place, and after the SC that esued, I managed to overtake Rob in the draft into T1. However, at T1, I got some sudden snap oversteer and went right out to the outside wall. Shit. Got back on in I don't know what position and finished 11th

Anyway, got back to the pits, and me, boothy and csf kept lagging out. Of course, all of us are on Tiscali. Bollocks.

Managed to start the race, but got discod after completing 2 and a bit laps, and getting up to 6th place.

Shit race. Hopefully next round will be better

EDIT: I was in histerics whilst Deko yelled 'JOE!!!!!' hundreds of times in Race 1. Complete epic fail and /epic facepalm :P
Quote from Hypothraxer :I guess SC1 was my fault. I thought I was past Keaveney and also that he had the possibility to go a bit more to the right. I didn't see that Laprevotte was on his right so I clipped him with my back right tyre. Sorry about that :/

I think your fail was very similar to my fail in LFSBC Season 1, Round 3

Except you didn't crash into everyone after you'd failed
lol it was fun

i probably wouldnt have won race 1 if it werent for the safety car
managed to cool my tyres a bit

and a bit unlucky with the crash in race2 i guess

F4!
#8 - J@tko
^ gay
what an interesting round...

I managed to do consistant 48's in testing, and low 49 race pace...

only to get to qualifyiung and get reminded half way thru that my ballast was actually 15kg and not 13kg. So i got docked the lap, as well as a 1 grid slot penalty for race1.

Got a horrible start to race one. going into the hairpin i bumped D. Novak into a spin. I then waited for him to regain track and repass me. and in the process, dropping to about 13th. i then struggled to get back up to pace and slowly got up to about 11th. then the nonesense happened which brought the safety car out and i found myself in 6th :-)

Some awesome last few laps and i think i ended up 4th.

Then heat 2, another crap start. but i somehow managed to avoid the rubbish in the hairpin, despite a slight bump.

The dice that happened after that between C.Ford and myself (for P3) was UNBELIEVABLE. I just watched the replay and sat there laughing. ONE OF THE BEST DICES EVER!!!!!!!! ask greybull, he had prime seats, almost got involved at one stage!!!

Anywayz, i managed to hold him off and finish P3.

Thanks for the awesome to races!!!!

P.S. Well done to both heat winners!!! had it not been for my lag, i wouldve loved to be up front with u! Maybe next time!
Oh yes, and Deko - please investigate the following:

Incidents that caused SC in both races (im sure you are already)

People telepitting without permission in qualifying

People with incorrect skins

EDIT: You can see me in that pic ^
I had a good quali : I succeeded to set a time below 1:50. Then in first race, I had a good start, I was 5th in T1 just behind Darryn, and then in T3 we got a nice tangle between a couple of cars, I slalomed and I took the 2nd place. Unfortunately I span it in the bloody last corner, and then I was 6th or 7th... And after that, in the 4th lap, I tried to pass 3 cars in one move(:tilt, and then... well... I think that Novak hit Joe... and then... Bang, me in the wall with a broken car . Since we can't stop in SC period, the race was just over for me, and I took a poor 13th place.

Then in race 2, I had a poor start, I was last in T1, and I span it in T2...Then we got a huuuuuge pile-up in T3, and I was something like 7th or 8th in T4. After that I managed to do some quali times, I passed a few cars and I was just behind Lobb and CSF when the race was other. Anyway, I think I will take an half point for my nice climb from 11th to 5th.

Hope we will have a nice race next round, Mini-FBM are very funny to drive, I am sure that will be a very very tight race. Can't wait for that.
Excellent racing, don't know how, but managed my best ever LFS BC finishing position

Don't know how I managed to make it through Race 1, I dodged all of the crashes, and even dodged a couple of tyre walls thrown at me (last year I got in the face twice by tyre walls ). Race 2, had some "shitting bricks" moments, especially on the last lap, when I lost control at turn exits and could see drivers behind getting closer...But I stayed ahead long enough thank God
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Excellent racing, don't know how, but managed my best ever LFS BC finishing position

*ahem* By starting on pole after the reverse grid....?
:shhh:

E: On the subject of skins, I'll confess I didn't have a number on the rear wing. I didn't know we had to, couldn't find skin info in the stickies, so I used the same one from last year. Sorry

E2: In my defence, the first post in the Q&A thread does say bonnet, and both doors (so beside driver in FOX) is all you need
Quote from J@tko :

The funny thing is: If I would've watched the left mirror instead of the right one I would've seen that I had more space there. Instead I just assumed Joe would pull a little closer to the curb on the right. And since I didn't know that Laprevotte was there this whole metal salad came to pass :/

(Although I have to admit that I only had like ~0.5 seconds to react - and I'm getting old haha).

Edit: Looking through the replay in R2 I realized the same thing like in R1 happened - only with less consequences Due to the lower speed and less cars the only effect was that we drifted a bit.

And as a bonus I added some shots of all the people who really liked my back (If I got 10£ for everyone hitting my back I would've paid for my S2 license easily today ).
Attached images
lfsbc_R4_R1_2.jpg
lfsbc_R4_R1_3.jpg
lfsbc_R4_R1_4.jpg
Quote from J@tko :Oh yes, and Deko - please investigate the following:

Incidents that caused SC in both races (im sure you are already)

People telepitting without permission in qualifying

People with incorrect skins

Cannot currently investigate the Telepitting in Qual - did not turn autosave on in time to save Qual replay. If someone does have a replay of qual, let me know !

d
Can I just admit now to forgetting to add numbers to my skin?

I totally forgot, no excuses, it just slipped my mind, simple as that.

I'll put my numbers on the car for the next round, promise!

Obviously I hope the punishment is not too severe, it's not like I cut a chicane in Belgium or anything

Stewards, I await your judgement.

Thanks for the racing tonight, especially Darryn and Rob (and Hypothraxer!) who were very fair and clean racers.
sorry I hit you during the safety car period in race 1, the safety car wasn't going quick enough.
Quote from Mike Bingo :sorry I hit you during the safety car period in race 1, the safety car wasn't going quick enough.

At least there was a safety car
I know I'm clutching at straws a bit, but the speeds through the corners were a bit of a crawl
No harm done, Mike, it was bound to happen when the pack bunches up like that, look at the Webber crash from last year in F1, happens to us all.
If there's anything you want investigated, post it here, too. Give me Lap, Cars involved, Time in replay (look at timeline), and anything else you think might be important.

d

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG