The online racing simulator
Chat
(17 posts, started )
Chat
It would be nice if LFS had an in game chat system much like on "live", that way you could chat/mute people in game etc

I know there's team speak, but in my opinion it's the only thing this sim misses.
Do you mean voice chat?
I think he does. And this has been already suggested. But if we have Teamspeak/Ventrilo, why to have another "program" to speak with other players?
Sorry yes I mean talk, and I understand we have other programs, but why not insure that everyone has the same by making it a standard part of the game..
Quote from paulinho :Sorry yes I mean talk, and I understand we have other programs, but why not insure that everyone has the same by making it a standard part of the game..

Like inbuilt chat in Counter Strike: Source and similar Steam games?
It could work, but I dont see why people can't just use teamspeak etc.
I think Team Speak is great, but it would offer a 100% standard feature to included it, much like iRacing is doing.
there one reason why we wont. Lag
#8 - Sooi
Also, swearing and bad language. That's not good for an all age game.
Quote from master_lfs.5101 :there one reason why we wont. Lag

There you go. If implemented in LFS, how many chat channels are you going to have to have running? How many connections to it within LFS will there be. It won't be most of the mature racers, that's for sure. Voice chat is used for 2 things, team chat during a race, in which each team would have their own channel, and for the kids to smart off, swear like they do thinking they are tough guys, and crying and whining. I certainly wouldn't want a bunch of random idiots barking in my ear while I race, and to use it productively, LFS would have to run way too many channels to have different teams talking amongst each other.

That is where Teamspeak comes in. Joe the 12 year old has TS running on a server or his computer, and John, William, and Henry all join it so they can scream, "OMFG! Dorifto!!!11one111!1". On completely seperate connections across the internet, Lee, Scott, Tom, and Ed are all running TS while they have 3 or 4 of their teammates on the respective TS server all discussing race strategies and whatnot. That is what TS is for. Keeps the connections seperate from the LFS server.
It just seems to work well on Xbox live, but this is mainly down to private races/games etc.

I may try setting a server up of my own and having a set channel for Team speak.. worth a try, thank you all.
microsoft is a multi billion dollar company so no wonder it works well on xbox live. because there are seperate servers
Voice works well in small groups, once you get to half a dozen or so people it becomes bedlam even if you all get along, and in racing people dont get along all the time !
#13 - Jakg
Quote from master_lfs.5101 :microsoft is a multi billion dollar company so no wonder it works well on xbox live. because there are seperate servers

I love reading posts from people who don't have a clue what their on about.
Maybe an in sim/game option to "push to talk" so you could assign a button/key to allow quick chat. This could be mapped to Teamspeak etc ?

Or if it was actually in game i.e through LFS you could have an option to mute chat in race, or work from a friends list system.
sorry for bumpy but i think it is a +100 not ALL servers have a vent or ts....
They don't need to, you just make your own. Superfluous suggestion, not an improvement either.

Chat
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG