The online racing simulator
Quote from zeugnimod :Oh, are the initials of their biggest fan MM by any chance?

I like Damon Hill, he always seemed a bit... square... to be a racing driver, but he's a smart guy.

Anyone else feel a bit weird about Massa out-driving Rikerrrnnnuuun recently? I don't honestly think Rightckrenn is slower than Massa, but if he's quicker then he must have serious motivation issues to be so pathetically off the pace in recent races.

If Hamilton was getting that sort of competition from a teammate like Massa the British fans would've written him off by now.
I think he lacks motivation, and he moved to Ferrari because he thought it would be an easy ride, but now the team is in transition its not so easy, and he has realised how much Schumacher did to make the team so dominant.
For those who are looking for broadcast... Link. I dunno whether it will work or not though.
McLaren 1-2

Raikkonnen no-where

Webber 8th

Glock 5th

Button 12th (somehow!)
Another really bad quali for Raikkönen. If the cars don't break the top 3 from today will be the top 3 tomorrow, I guess.

I'm quite happy with the result, though. Every driver/team that gives me points in the manager game, is in the top 12.
Quote from Linsen :He can't be all bad, he used to play in a Punk band called "Sex, Hitler and the Hormones".

You mean that band called "Max Mosely, Schumi and the Hamilton?"
Kimi's problem is totally the car. We can see from how the Heidfeld/Kubica balance shifted from last year to this year that having a car that suits a driver's style can make a massive difference. Kimi likes a neutral-to-slight-oversteer car with a responsive front end... the Ferrari this year looks more like a bus, it just won't respond to steering inputs and needs armfulls of lock to get anywhere near an apex.

That said, I'm a bit disappointed that he hasn't adapted more, if you look at how Alonso changed his style from the mad understeering Renault of 05 and 06 to the more oversteery McLaren of 07 he did a great job. For whatever reason Kimi isn't adapting as well...
Oh shit! Hope Ferrari finds out something and beats McLaren tomorrow.
#59 - Gizz
dunno whats happened to farrari these last 2 weeks, i really hope the race tomorow aint gona be as boring as i think its gona be...

dont massa has the pace to to really chalenge lewis tbh, heiki ??? might be a fun first 4 laps, but i have a feeling thats gona be it at teh front...

mid pack has a nice mix to it though, hope button rings that cars neck and lands in the points

[B]Pos Driver Team Q1 Q2 Q3 Laps[/B]
1. Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes 1:19.376 1:19.473 1:20.899 12
2. Kovalainen McLaren-Mercedes 1:19.945 1:19.480 1:21.140 16
3. Massa Ferrari 1:19.578 1:19.068 1:21.191 16
4. Kubica BMW Sauber 1:20.053 1:19.776 1:21.281 19
5. Glock Toyota 1:19.980 1:19.246 1:21.326 24
6. Raikkonen Ferrari 1:20.006 1:19.546 1:21.516 19
7. Alonso Renault 1:20.229 1:19.816 1:21.698 15
8. Webber Red Bull-Renault 1:20.073 1:20.046 1:21.732 18
9. Trulli Toyota 1:19.942 1:19.486 1:21.767 20
10. Piquet Renault 1:20.583 1:20.131 1:22.371 19
11. Vettel Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1:20.157 1:20.144 17
12. Button Honda 1:20.888 1:20.332 15
13. Coulthard Red Bull-Renault 1:20.505 1:20.502 16
14. Bourdais Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1:20.640 1:20.963 16
15. Rosberg Williams-Toyota 1:20.748 10
16. Heidfeld BMW Sauber 1:21.045 7
17. Nakajima Williams-Toyota 1:21.085 9
18. Barrichello Honda 1:21.332 8
19. Fisichella Force India-Ferrari 1:21.670 9
20. Sutil Force India-Ferrari 1:22.113 10

Looks like Renault is improving - even Piquet is in the top 10. Glock must be bouncing with joy Disappointing results for Williams, though
Quote from Ahriman4891 :Looks like Renault is improving - even Piquet is in the top 10.

Alonso has almost always been in the top 10, though.

I'd say Piquet is improving. He definately seems to be better than at the beginning of the season.
I wish Piquet keeps his improvement, however he was lucky on the previous race.
Though I don't really get the penalty for Bourdais now... I mean, yes hes was close to Heidfeld, but from the TV feed it looked like he was cut by another car as well.
Yeah that's a bit of a silly call... not Bourdais' fault he got cut up by another car.
Bourdais had no where to go. It was the last corner and he was about to start his lap. I'd say it was a mistake to give the penalty
What, Bourdais got a penalty for THAT? :thumbsdow

So they are basically saying that he should just sacrifice his fast lap when another car that is usually faster comes up behind? Because that's what he would have done if he let Heidfeld past.
Quote from zeugnimod :What, Bourdais got a penalty for THAT? :thumbsdow

So they are basically saying that he should just sacrifice his fast lap when another car that is usually faster comes up behind? Because that's what he would have done if he let Heidfeld past.

Bourdais and the other were on outlaps I think...
Quote from de Souza :Bourdais and the other were on outlaps I think...

Well, yes but it was the last corner of their outlap which obviously is very important for the following flying lap.
Well yes but they could have waited Heidfeld pass before they went to the last corner.
Quote from de Souza :Well yes but they could have waited Heidfeld pass before they went to the last corner.

Well yes but there were probably more cars behind Heidfeld which they should have let past then, too.
Well yes but...

Anyway, why they always wait to do the hotlap on the LAST second? You will be screwed if you find a car in the way, and it's very likely to happen on Q1. Just leave the pits 30s earlier, does that make any difference?
I think Bourdais was actually cut by the car before him. It's a pitty for Heidfeld, but honestly, there are 15 minutes in Q1 and BMW waits always till the end to do their runs.

If Heidfelds first lap wasn't that poor or done earlier he would have been fine. It's not like they force you to start you fast lap 4 secs for the end.

But giving Bourdais a penalty for that is just a joke... or another deserved laugh at the french
Quote from Ahriman4891 :Disappointing results for Williams, though

Indeed. It looked like Rosberg just gave up near the end of Q2. Poor guy, he must be really frustrated with his car.

Glock will be under a lot of pressure off the line tomorrow. Kimi beside him, and Alonso and Webber behind. Hopefully his race result this time can make up for the retirement in the previous race.
Quote from samjh :Indeed. It looked like Rosberg just gave up near the end of Q2. Poor guy, he must be really frustrated with his car.

:wtf2:

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG