The online racing simulator
#1 - aoun
2008 Formula1 Magyar Nagydij Discussion *SPOILERS*

Image from F1-live.com.

This is the next round of the F1 season.

Lewis has changed himself around and becomming domminant in the wet weather conditions and won in the last two rounds where Massa has shown low performance turning his season around. Kimi has not made much noise as he has had some bad luck and bad races. Kubica has gone missing from the podium and Nelson Jnr will be watched after finishing second last race from 17th.

My bets are, Lewis will still show high level performance as Massa will improve himself. Kubica will have a normal finish as Nelson will go back down the grid. Kimi will win.

Win = Kimi or Lewis
Pole = Felipe or Lewis.

Thead updated soon with results and table.
My prediction is a McLaren 1 and 2, Lewis beating his team mate by about 30 seconds with Kimi 3rd and Heidfeld 4th. Lewis will win from Pole.
Was anyone else surprised when he read the thread title?

I guess it will be a boring race. The chance for rain probably isn't very high and Hungary is almost always boring under dry conditions.
Catchy name aint it.
Yeah, I was like Magywaaaaaa'?

Win : Hamilton in wet, Massa if dry.
Pole : Hamilton if wet (even just a drop), Massa if dry.

Should be a pretty boring race. Played it a bit on rFactor. :P
Massa was complete rubbish on this circuit last year, hopefully the smaller wheelbase would help him out a bit.

I expect the Mclarens to be strong and BMW Should be strong here as there good at high downforce tracks, with toyota maybe springing a surprise.
Quote from Mustafur :with toyota maybe springing a surprise.

well they sure sprung a surprise on glock last race !!!!

may even have been a toyota spring that sprung a surprise on him,

or a a damper sprung a leak that sprung a surprise maybe ?
IIRC Hungary is predominantly a grip rather than down force circuit. I'd say the momentum lies with McLaren in this race then. They seem to use the tyres more aggressively than Ferrari.

I want Heikki to do well for a change. All his performances need to come together at some point.

I'd like to see a McLaren 1-2, with the points going as follows:
1. Heikki
2. Lewis
3. Robert
4. Kimi
5. Nick
6. Massa
7. Crazy Dave
8. Rosberg
#9 - J@tko
Button ftw again!
My prediction will be:
1.Hamilton
2.Heidfeld
3.Massa
4.Raikkonnen
5.Kubica
6.Webber
7.Glock
8.Trulli

People who can break through if there is rain or a crash etc: Vettel, Rosberg, Alonso and Sutil(but only if rain)
Quote from mrbogeyman :IIRC Hungary is predominantly a grip rather than down force circuit. I'd say the momentum lies with McLaren in this race then. They seem to use the tyres more aggressively than Ferrari.

I want Heikki to do well for a change. All his performances need to come together at some point.

I'd like to see a McLaren 1-2, with the points going as follows:
1. Heikki
2. Lewis
3. Robert
4. Kimi
5. Nick
6. Massa
7. Crazy Dave
8. Rosberg

According to the F1 site Hungry has one of the highest levels of downforce of all F1 tracks(hence why there is barely any overtaking due to high levels of ''dirty air'').
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :My prediction is a McLaren 1 and 2, Lewis beating his team mate by about 30 seconds with Kimi 3rd and Heidfeld 4th. Lewis will win from Pole.

Dammit, I need to stop agreeing with you

The forecast at the moment looks nice and dry for Budapest, so I won't be expecting too many calamities. McLaren have definatley eeked out a wee advantage over Ferrari since Canada, plus their drivers seem to be in better form.

Fingers crossed for a good run for Red Bull, thet could do with stringing a few decent results together as the fight for 4th place in the constructors championship is going to be pretty tight between RBR, Toyota and Renault.
Quote from Mustafur :According to the F1 site Hungry has one of the highest levels of downforce of all F1 tracks(hence why there is barely any overtaking due to high levels of ''dirty air'').

Hmm,

From the map posted above, most of the corners look quite tight and slow. The back section looks faster and DF dependant. You are right though, the track has not lent itself well to overtaking recently unless wet.
My prediction:

1) Intrepid
2) TristanCliffe
3) Hamilton

Unless it rains.
Quote from thisnameistaken :my Prediction:

1) Intrepid
2) Tristancliffe
3) Hamilton

Unless It Rains.

more like, unless there is traffic lights.
Quote from thisnameistaken :My prediction:

1) Intrepid
2) TristanCliffe
3) Hamilton

Unless it rains.

More likely with the positions reversed

1) Intrepid
2) TristanCliffe
3) Hamilton

Unless it rains.

I wonder if a "bouche fermée" period after qualifying would help prevent past issues.
Quote from xaotik :I wonder if a "bouche fermée" period after qualifying would help prevent past issues.

Excellent!

1) Intrepid
2) TristanCliffe
3) Hamilton

Unless it rains.

Can't argue with that! Unless it rains

1 Intrepid
2. Hamilton DNF
3. Tristan DNF

The race in 2006 was one of the best races in the last years. Because of rain, of course.

And this still is one of my favourite onboard videos.
Quote from zeugnimod :...

It hurts watching Alonso's steering control in that video
Hungarian GP FTW! Unfortunately I can't be there...

Oh and the title... Magyar = Hungarian ; Nagydíj = Grand Prix
Lewis wins after overtaking Heikki in a dubious situation in the last phase of the race. Massa 3rd.
Quote from zeugnimod :The race in 2006 was one of the best races in the last years. Because of rain, of course.

Shows what a difference the rain can make, really brings out the best drivers. I hope Alonso replaces Kimi next year, because Kimi is one of the most boring drivers ever in comparison to Alonso.
Quote from BenjiMC :It hurts watching Alonso's steering control in that video

You're not alone, his driving style is so weird. It's not just his steering work that has this "on-off" feel to it, but he also works throttle and brake in similiar fashion. I suppose it doesn't matter how it looks if it works.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG