The online racing simulator
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Kimi is one of the most boring drivers ever in comparison to Alonso.

Well I suppose Alonso does wear gorilla suits and assault photoghrapers & little Japanese girls...
Quote from BenjiMC :It hurts watching Alonso's steering control in that video

Quickest way to drive in the wet if your vehicle is an understeering pig! You'll see many people in lots of different types of vehicles locking the wheel quickly to try generate some bite in the front tyres. That's how I drive the rental karts at work in the tighter corners and I hold the lap record!

The Renault had lots of traction, hence their rocket starts and brilliant acceleration. Hence why he had to drive it the way he did, anyone see him doing that in a McLaren or the latest Renault?
Quote from keiran :
The Renault had lots of traction, hence their rocket starts and brilliant acceleration. Hence why he had to drive it the way he did, anyone see him doing that in a McLaren or the latest Renault?

IIRC he did turn the wheel more than Hamsdfkllton
To be fair to Alonso, he did do that HORRIBLE steering thingy in the dry too when he was at Renault (the first time). But he doesn't now (Bridgestone tyres I guess), and that has impressed me - he'd developed the worlds most horrid driving style because it helped him get a little more out of the car than anyone else was capable.

Seriously - since Alonso stopped winning I've started to like him more and more. He's still selfish - glory hunting qualifying at the expense of race pace, which can't please the Renault execs too much, but his driving is top notch.

And no wonder the rest of the grid rate him as better than anyone. Although I still think Button is even better in the wet (given a car that isn't as shit as a Honda).
#30 - JVL
1.-davidson
2.-sutil
3.-sato
Quote from JVL :1.-davidson
2.-sutil
3.-sato

Davidson and Sato? Aguri is dead mate! They had "financial difficulties".
Quote from tristancliffe :To be fair to Alonso, he did do that HORRIBLE steering thingy in the dry too when he was at Renault (the first time). But he doesn't now (Bridgestone tyres I guess), and that has impressed me - he'd developed the worlds most horrid driving style because it helped him get a little more out of the car than anyone else was capable.

Seriously - since Alonso stopped winning I've started to like him more and more. He's still selfish - glory hunting qualifying at the expense of race pace, which can't please the Renault execs too much, but his driving is top notch.

Alonso is probably the most unorthodox driver on the F1 grid. Some of his driving lines and overtaking attempts border on ridiculous, but they seem to work.

I don't care much for his ego, but his driving has a flair that no-one else on the current grid seem to have.
Quote from samjh :Some of his [...] overtaking attempts border on ridiculous, but they seem to work.

Or completely fall flat on their face - depending on other people co-operating with his far-fetched imagination or not.
Pffft, like Alonso or not.. that video displays superb driving qualities. What the **** does it matter if it looks strange? Obviously it was the fastest way around the track at that point...!!

I've never been an Alonso fan, but some comments in this thread "border on ridiculous".

Edit: on-topic I hope Ferrari is able to strike back this weekend otherwise I very much doubt they will be able to stop Lewis this year!
Quote from traxxion :Pffft, like Alonso or not.. that video displays superb driving qualities. What the **** does it matter if it looks strange? Obviously it was the fastest way around the track at that point...!!

I've never been an Alonso fan, but some comments in this thread "border on ridiculous"...

keep yer trousers on, i never said he was crap/slow. i just said it looks painful to be alonsos front tyres.
Quote from BenjiMC :keep yer trousers on, i never said he was crap/slow. i just said it looks painful to be alonsos front tyres.

Where in my post do I mention you?
Quote from traxxion :Where in my post do I mention you?

i was first to mention his driving style in this thread
Free practice results:

1. Massa
2. Raikko
3. Kovalainen
4. Hatemelol

Sounds good
Hmm, it seems Martin Brundle is taking his yearly vacation and will miss the Hungarian GP again (I wonder why it always falls on this GP... is he banned or something?)

Anyway, commentators will be James Allen and Damon Hill. God help us all...
I do hope Damon kicks Allen in the nuts and hides Allen's mic.
#43 - JJ72
Jenson Button FTW
Quote from mythdat :Anyway, commentators will be James Allen and Damon Hill. God help us all...

Is Hill that bad?

I always liked him in interviews.
Quote from zeugnimod :Is Hill that bad?

No not at all, he comes across as a really nice bloke tbh.

It's just, he's not a seasoned pro like Brundle, so he can be a bit ponderous at times, and has a tendency to waffle on occasions. But at least when he is talking James Allen can't be heard.
Quote from zeugnimod :Is Hill that bad?

He can't be all bad, he used to play in a Punk band called "Sex, Hitler and the Hormones".
Quote from Linsen :He can't be all bad, he used to play in a Punk band called "Sex, Hitler and the Hormones".

Oh, are the initials of their biggest fan MM by any chance?
Quote from mythdat :Hmm, it seems Martin Brundle is taking his yearly vacation and will miss the Hungarian GP again (I wonder why it always falls on this GP... is he banned or something?).

more likely that, given his comments in the past, he just finds the track too boring unless it rains
My bet: (I hope Lewis wins.)

Qual:
1st. L. Hamilton
2nd. F. Massa
3rd. H. Kovalainen
4th. K. Raikkonen
5th. F. Alonso

Race:
1st. F. Massa
2nd. L. Hamilton
3rd. K. Raikkonen
4th. H. Kovalainen
5th. N. Heidfeld
imo we will see the race results tomorrow in the qualifying results.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG