The online racing simulator
Simple Idea against eeejits
(28 posts, started )
Im a demo racer so the problem is propably encountered only on demo servers.

Reason :
There are wreckers due to lack of driving skills, some of them are just a kids.... but the worst situation is with the nasty ones - wreckers on purpose. Theese little bastards not only crash but tend to quit when about to get the last vote req for ban. Then they come back and all the voting stats over again - A big pain i the a.se. Sometimes they change nick and comeback as someone else and somebody gets a ruined race again.

Solution
"Votes stay" option
Votes given to certain IP number stay for X time. Where X is adjustable. say... 10 minutes.

Note
This way such prick wont bother other drivers anymore. Of course this WILL NOT cause wrecking impossible but will make it a bit more difficult with very small efforts.
Thanks.
...eeejits? Anyway, this should be in the improvement suggestions forum.
Quote from Batterypark :...eeejits? Anyway, this should be in the improvement suggestions forum.

Yes it should..

eeejits = idiots (something alot of nutty brits tend to say... especially the northerners )
Father Ted is where I heard eejit first!

Good idea though. The other option I've heard is to disallow disconnects whilst a vote is in progress, but yours sounds better.

Alternative is to buy a licence and play on the lovely S2 servers
#5 - Vain
Yes, the S2-license may not be idiot-proof, but it's wrecker-proof.
(Being a play on words this means there are no wreckers on S2 servers, but the one or the other "less reasonable" driver is driving around, but nothing too bad.)

Vain
Problem: wreckers
Solution: S2

Making demo bans more effective has been discussed endless times already, yet there's not really a perfect solution for it. IP bans mean pretty much nothing, because dedicated wreckers have their ways to change it fast. With some internet technologies you even get a new IP with a simple reconnect.

Another possibiltity was to use online licenses with users & activation codes (free activation), combined with a little mandatory "how to behave online" intro. But this has the negative effect of 1) increasing server load tenfold, and 2) some people may be scared away if you have to do something to get online. This system would work pretty well against wreckers, because they'd be delayed for alteast 10 minutes per ban (re-register and go through the intro again) but it's not that easy to implement.

A third, and most striking aspect is also, that all demo users, including you, are enjoying a FREE product. Some of you are playing the demo for years, because they are too cheap to upgrade to S2. And I really can't see how Scawen & Co. should spend their precious time to make people who paid NOTHING enjoy the demo more (read: stay there longer).

Also, the main selling point is the physics, not really the content. If people try the demo and aren't immediately blown away by the physics, the other cars won't change that. Anything else is just a cheap excuse to get more content for free.
Quote from Vain :Yes, the S2-license may not be idiot-proof, but it's wrecker-proof.

S2 is not wrecker proof. Some people are very desperate and even go as far as intentional wrecking when they feel offended. But it's not as common as on demo servers.
#8 - ORION
I'd still prefer that wreckers must login with a username they have created on lfs.net, and will always be 100% ideantifyable with that, unless they create a new account... but you could avoid this (at least a bit) with some cookie trickies

However, my idea sucks because the demo will lose LOADS of it's accessibility, maybe evel fail totally. Im quite sure that most demo racers have never visited one of the lfs websites anyway
Andorid - yeah maybe you re right , maybe it s some way to get some content for free and maybe im that person.

but
you can think about newbies that see all crap that happens from time to time
and they will just resign....

but ( second time ) the main aim of my post is
1 to get more content for free
2 to make things more difficult for wreckers......ekhm anyway i presented a simple idea very easy to implement. No logins no other sh.te. Just a simple measure that should make things easier.

Sorry for picking wrong forum.

Eeejit is Irish as far i know.....
greetings
lol getting 'more for less' (in this case more for free) most definetly wont do you any good whatsoever.. its like students and their teachers while doing a paper.. sure you can search google and find papers on who knows what.. but keep in mind its just as easy for your teachers to find it as easy as you found it

so in the same terminology.. just because you get more stuff in the demo.. that just gives everyone else that much more to work with.. and right now, the demo has plenty (obviously not plenty of the right stuff, but i think right now it has enough for what it should be)

as for wreckers.. once again, majority will find that buying the game is the solution.. i personally have not come across one intentional wrecker since i have played it
Bah, old idea! Though it is veryyyyy much needed
We've all had our troubles with demo wreckers and spazzers and there are solutions: play chasey with them (and laugh as you slam on your brakes, duck out of the way and see them whizz past you and into the fence - just think "Top Gun" ), play "block the idiots" with a couple of your friends or (if you actually wanted some good racing) join or start a league - pw'd servers, trusted racers etc..

btw, asking for more stuff in a free demo on this forum won't get you very far The demo is just that: a demonstration - free, partial content, none of the priveleges that come with buying the full version. It's just meant to be a taste, to whet your appetite for S2. As far as race sim demos go this one's pretty generous, I thought.
Quote from XCNuse :i personally have not come across one intentional wrecker since i have played it

The first week I was licensed, I never saw any wreckers. Oh, maybe that's because I was only licensed for S1 for the first week of S2 release, LOL. There was only me and a handful of other's on S1 servers. We were all doing the same thing, buying S1 that paycheck and waiting for the next paycheck to buy S2. So, I've been licensed S2 since the second week of release and I've only ever seen 1 wrecker. He actually made a few laps, pitted, and drove out the wrong way straight into me and carried on backwards down the track. Luckily I was plenty ahead of 3rd place coming out of the chicane at Aston on the final lap, but wasn't in position for a late move to catch 1st and saved my 2nd place finish by driving down the front stretch backwards. That's the only time I've encountered a true wrecker in S2 licensed servers after 15,000+ miles of racing now.
Guys ... please read all posts before replying.......
Quote :but ( second time ) the main aim of my post is
1 to get more content for free

That was nothing else but sarcasm ffs just read the post of AndroidXp(no offence Android)
Anyway... yeah i know buying a full license is a good solution, but as long as we have "ban" option lets just make full use of that. One or two lines of LFS's code will result in less posibilities to drive ppl crazy!!. Simple as that. That will not make any money for lfs. I dont think that will bring any more players for lfs. Furthermore that will not convert demo racers into licensed.....
but will be one very helpful option which will do some good to all the fair drivers of lfs ... licensed or not.......thats what i belive

Scaven i put all my trust in you
You forgot your [sarcasm][/sarcasm] tags
Here's a question, how does Dupson have a join date of Feb 2004 as a demo racer, when I only have a join date of June? I bought my license in June, but I registered at lfs.net when I found the S1 demo Feb of 05. I want my join date to reflect my S1 demo career as well!

Edit: Whoops, it says join date March 05. I guess it's been changed from when the forum started here. Use to say my licensing date. Cool!! :-)
(gonna be a lil bit off topic)

yep .. i get your point ... im still a demo racer .
ok ok no more solutions , no more new threads till i get licence........

Statement mode ON

!!We DEMO RACERS are discriminated on this forum!!

Statement mode OFF

take it easy.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
24 pounds is about ...............15 avarage monthly wages here. So you see.... my life is about speed and driving but im still that 4 punds short what is at least 2 more wages to get. Just like you i hate that mean bastards that wont spend any cash on game saying "demo is enough for me" what a pity....
someone open a charity for Mr. Dupson :P, all we need is 4 pounds!
Quote from Dupson :24 pounds is about ...............15 avarage monthly wages here. So you see.... my life is about speed and driving but im still that 4 punds short what is at least 2 more wages to get. Just like you i hate that mean bastards that wont spend any cash on game saying "demo is enough for me" what a pity....

Wait... WHAT? Did you just say you get 24 pounds in 15 months?! Or per month? Even then, that's worringly low
So you get paid 106 Polish Zloty's a year? (£19.20)

Quote from BBC News :In Poland the average monthly salary is just 460 euros (£316; $579), about a third of the EU average.

I think you need a better job.
That does sound very low, but some people do earn very little compared to western countries I lived and worked in a third world country for several years so know this first hand where I was there were people earning about A$50 a week which the average person earns in a few hours here in Aus and that country was better off than most otthers around it... even Uni grads there only earn about A$600 per month.

Alot of us take for granted what we have and really have no idea whatsoever how a very large portion of the world actually lives, so I for one empathise with you Dupson

Also I like your idea, as demo for LFS is abit different to other games, as even alot of S2 Lic drivers return to the demo mode looking for some races when the S2 servers are a bit sparse
hold on guys, maybe Dupson is young..(his age isnt posted anywhere!) and his job is maybe papre-boy, or part time in a supermarket on a Saturday morning..in which case (if I can remember that far back! ) the wages WOULD be very low!

At least the guy is trying!
:iagree:

err... huh?

(illepall)

(28 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG