The online racing simulator
Live for Speed Magazine
(204 posts, started )
Lynce,

I noticed a repeated problem throughout the site. You use large high quality images but you use CSS to resize them to fit your website. This has three negative effects.

* It takes longer for the pages to load.
* It uses more bandwidth
* And the worst problem, the browsers do a really bad job of resizing images (quality-wise).

You should resize them in Photoshop or whatever your tool of choice is instead of relying on the browser to scale them.

Edit...
Just so you have an idea what I mean. I took a screenshot of what I see in my browser:
novitec_browser_scaled.jpg (remember this is actually 226.2KB since it's the same image as the original)
Novitech_photoshop.jpg (the 226.2KB original file resized in photoshop -> 33.3KB)
Perfromanc Novitec banner.jpg (original)
Attached images
novitec_browser_scaled.jpg
Novitec_photoshop.jpg
Perfromance Novitec banner.jpg
Noted Thanks.

I'm working for more projects. I need this opinions because I don't know these troubles.
Preview updates._

UTC Clock and calendar (no significative calendar):

Poor guestbook. I'm looking for a decent guestbook :

Weather in news:

Countdown in differents sections. (When I'm working in a new thing):

Movies. You can lookin movies by user. LynceLFS "default":

Contact. Mail link, Notepad for practise and google translator:

More updates soon.
Add FotoViewer into screenshots section.

Flash style.
Another content could be the presentation of a racing team each issue.
Maybe get some statements from teammembers, and/or statements about the team from the community or such.., and some pics taken on their server.
Like the Idea of a magazine pretty much! Keep up the good work!
#56 - Dac
brilliant idea. although i would have liked it more if it was in pdf form and emailed reguarly.
Quote from Torben :Another content could be the presentation of a racing team each issue.
Maybe get some statements from teammembers, and/or statements about the team from the community or such.., and some pics taken on their server.
Like the Idea of a magazine pretty much! Keep up the good work!

@ Torben. Nice idea as jayhawk but I need contributions and txt declarations

@ Dac. Need help about your idea. I like it.
You could contact some league admins and ask them to write a short summary of a race of their league that happened in the last week which you could put in the News section.
Quote from seinfeld :this just really shows how bored the users of LFS really are, instead of playing a outdated game, they are making a magazine. sure we got an update, but there is nothing new, for the time we waited, we got nothing but a few tweaks,
LFS WE NEED NEW CONTENT, not just ohh we lowered the xrt CoG by 2mm making it a totally new car. pfft. you could of just put a new body on it, add 20 hp, and give it a sequential box and call it a BSFG turbo, and we would of been just as oblivious to how stupidly lazy the creators have now gotten.

I think its great you made a magazine, but you need contnet, updates to the game, and so hype created, then the magazine would be cool. but its great that you are getting it going in anticipation that you may have something to write about in a few years time when we get 1 new car (we hope)

Who pissed in your weetabix?
-
(Lynce) DELETED by Lynce : Not important post.
Updates:

- Home (more visual). No important gadgets.

- News. BMW races.

- Articles. Link to cover(under construction).

- Contact. No important gadgets fixed.

Enjoy.
Add this to your site...???
Dear James.

I like very much your sugestion.

How I put this in Live for Speed Magazine?

Thanks.

Sorry, this is new for me.
You use Synthasite right?

On the content sidebar, there are various folders (such as Photo Gallery, Video, Widgets, Forms etc.)

Under widgets, there's an RSS Reader... i think this will be the right thing. Insert one of those
Quote from Lynce :Dear James.

I like very much your sugestion.

How I put this in Live for Speed Magazine?

Thanks.

Sorry, this is new for me.

I'm not sure myself... but I think it is as easy as going to http://rssfeedreader.com/ and filling in your first and last name aswell as your website url, and I think it give it to you!!!
:d
Quote from JO53PHS :You use Synthasite right?

On the content sidebar, there are various folders (such as Photo Gallery, Video, Widgets, Forms etc.)

Under widgets, there's an RSS Reader... i think this will be the right thing. Insert one of those

Probley safer, better and easier to do it this way...

Q. Are you going to tell us when there are new Test Patches and Final Patches?

P.S. Love the site mate, it looks awesome
#69 - Amso
Quote from Lynce :
Susceptible changes.

If someone wants to make some contribution, this is the time.

Coming soon.

Sorry if I missed anything but contribution for what? I also really like the cover, it looks beautiful. I love the idea of using a simple car that everyone can drive and making it look cool like that, the black tyres look awesome and I didn't know the XR GT was inspired by a Japanese car. This website also provides me with info .
Quote from JO53PHS :You use Synthasite right?

Thank you very much.

Let's see what comes out.

Quote from Jamesisinthehouse12 :I'm not sure myself... but I think it is as easy as going to http://rssfeedreader.com/ and filling in your first and last name aswell as your website url, and I think it give it to you!!!

Quote from Jamesisinthehouse12 :Probley safer, better and easier to do it this way...

Q. Are you going to tell us when there are new Test Patches and Final Patches?

P.S. Love the site mate, it looks awesome

It is an honour that developers are confident for my publish such news. But I doubt much knowing that exixte www.lfs.net and www.news.net

And Thanks James. I apreciate it.

Quote from Amso :Sorry if I missed anything but contribution for what? I also really like the cover, it looks beautiful. I love the idea of using a simple car that everyone can drive and making it look cool like that, the black tyres look awesome and I didn't know the XR GT was inspired by a Japanese car. This website also provides me with info .

Thanks, too, for your comment.

Contributions?

Skins, for example. Mprs with drift and rally (or sprs).

Comentaries about this car, impressions,etc.

Mazda Efini RX7 or Mitsubishi Starion?

Mi opinion is: XRG Mazda, XRT Mitsubishi.

And don't remember more things.

Cheers !!
?
so the RSS FEEDS arn't coming soon then?

oh well, hopefully it will come someday (it is easy to add :razz
Working on it.
edit: crap, missed page 3 entirely.
#75 - Amso
Quote from Lynce :Thank you very much.

Let's see what comes out.

It is an honour that developers are confident for my publish such news. But I doubt much knowing that exixte www.lfs.net and www.news.net

And Thanks James. I apreciate it.

Thanks, too, for your comment.

Contributions?

Skins, for example. Mprs with drift and rally (or sprs).

Comentaries about this car, impressions,etc.

Mazda Efini RX7 or Mitsubishi Starion?

Mi opinion is: XRG Mazda, XRT Mitsubishi.

And don't remember more things.

Cheers !!

I agree with you, I think the RX7 is the XR GT and the Starion is the XR GT turbo. I will also make or find new skins for you, I just got Photoshop cs3 .
-
(Lynce) DELETED by Lynce

Live for Speed Magazine
(204 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG