The online racing simulator
Lew 1s
(141 posts, started )
Lew 1s
Lewis Hamilton - yes, the amazing F1 driver, who can park one of the fastest racing cars in the world in the smallest gravel traps. Yes, the amazing F1 driver who can't understand traffic lights at 50mph, or two cars side by side at them. Yes, the same F1 driver that can't make his tyres do left hand bends, whilst every other F1 driver on the grid didn't have the slighest problems. Yup, the same F1 driver who hates the "monkeys at the back" of the grid. Yup, the same smug F1 driver that is vastly overhyped by people that claim anyone who doesn't like him must be fanboys (or something - their arguments are usually pretty weak because they're not the brightest tools in the box) - has confirmed all the stereotypes that people have been trying to suppress for years.

1. He's bought a personalised numberplate, for $400,000
2. He drives a Mercedes (no surprise given him employers)
3. But it's black.

Anyone remember the reference to drivers of black Mercedes in "Men in Black"? Turns out to be stunningly accurate.

What will the smug-faced F1 driver do next? Will he refuel is own car at the next grand prix to show how he was walking it, or will he accidentally do 500 laps of the grand prix as he forgets what a chequered flag means?

Isn't he a cock!

Meanwhile, decent F1 driver Heidfeld has given some money to some worthy causes. And Robert Kubica has said he does ... centered Hamilton anymore, because he's after the glamour life. But then, being British, he has to milk what little success he can get because he'll end up a massive disappointment like all British sportsmen.
#2 - samjh
That's pretty harsh.

I don't like Hamilton very much, and agree that he has become irritatingly smug and arrogant (if he wasn't already). However, he doesn't seem THAT bad. He's a Type-A overachieving racing driver, which says quite a lot about the personality one can expect.

Quote :And Robert Kubica has said he doesn't like the materialistic, vain, self-centered Hamilton anymore, because he's after the glamour life.

Did he? I was under the impression they got along alright.
#3 - aoun
Well said Cliffe, but why the post?
I'd say for pure fun to piss some people around here lol.
We have the same point of view, Tristan. I hate Hamilton too.
Overhyped yes. But he is a good driver, he just has to learn a lot for what he hasn't had a chance last season.
Quote from tristancliffe :Lewis Hamilton - yes, the amazing F1 driver, who can park one of the fastest racing cars in the world in the smallest gravel traps. Yes, the amazing F1 driver who can't understand traffic lights at 50mph, or two cars side by side at them. Yes, the same F1 driver that can't make his tyres do left hand bends, whilst every other F1 driver on the grid didn't have the slighest problems. Yup, the same F1 driver who hates the "monkeys at the back" of the grid. Yup, the same smug F1 driver that is vastly overhyped by people that claim anyone who doesn't like him must be fanboys (or something - their arguments are usually pretty weak because they're not the brightest tools in the box) - has confirmed all the stereotypes that people have been trying to suppress for years.

3. But it's black.

Anyone remember the reference to drivers of black Mercedes in "Men in Black"? Turns out to be stunningly accurate.

What will the smug-faced F1 driver do next? Will he refuel is own car at the next grand prix to show how he was walking it, or will he accidentally do 500 laps of the grand prix as he forgets what a chequered flag means?

Isn't he a cock!

Meanwhile, decent F1 driver Heidfeld has given some money to some worthy causes. And Robert Kubica has said he does ... centered Hamilton anymore, because he's after the glamour life. But then, being British, he has to milk what little success he can get because he'll end up a massive disappointment like all British sportsmen.

lol oh dear Tristan. That post says more about your insecurities, and own issues than it ever does about Hamilton. Thanks for that made my day.
#9 - aoun
I dont hate him, he is one of the best in F1 today. I just dont like all this Senna-esque, best driver, prodigy (ive even heard from comments from exdrivers or commentators) bullshit that goes around him. Hes got that perfect talent, but not that vibe in him for me to say, i remember him, the great lewis. More like, the overdone, spoiled lewis.

Senna, Villenerve, Clark will make ol' Hammy look like Ide in the Aguri.
#10 - aoun
Quote from Intrepid :lol oh dear Tristan. That post says more about your insecurities, and own issues than it ever does about Hamilton. Thanks for that made my day.

Sorry for the double post everyone.

But Intrepid, im not having a go at you, im not making an argument, im just curious about your own thoughts about Lewis. Anything you reply, ill accept, so dont think im waiting for you to reply so i can fight back.

I just really want to know why you like him so much, and fight for him with your keyboard over the forums. What makes you think hes great or good or whatever you think he is?

Give me your opinions about Lewis. Thanks.
:feedtroll
I used to be a fan of him, but that's over now. He has shown to be such a arrogant cock that I just no longer can be a fan of him.

I also absolutely hate the absence of any "humanness" in him, which pisses me off when people compare him with ayrton senna...
I admired his driving in GP2, but in F1 that 'talent' seems to be all gone.
Kubica and Kimi are a lot better imo.
I don't think it has anything to do with my insecurities, most of which center around my inability to keep a house tidy, or my complete failings to learn programming... Hamilton is miles better at driving cars at speed than I'll ever be (but I can teach him about traffic lights). I know that, and I accept it without fuss.

But when you compare him with his peers, he leaves a lot to be desired. Many have said that Kimi, for example, isn't a 'complete' racing driver. And I think the same thing can be applied to Lewis, only with much more scope for exaggeration and piss-taking
Quote from PwrSlave :I'd say for pure fun to piss some people around here lol.

Tristan has clearly made up his mind and is obviously trying to start an argument so there is no point in trying to counter what he is saying.

Threads like this posted by someone new would probably get locked within a few minutes because of all the abuse given to the poster.

Anyway, enjoy F1 for the next 10 years tristan.
What's the difference between Hamilton's arrogance and yours Tristan?
Quote from tristancliffe :Lewis Hamilton - yes, the amazing F1 driver, who can park one of the fastest racing cars in the world in the smallest gravel traps. Yes, the amazing F1 driver who can't understand traffic lights at 50mph, or two cars side by side at them. Yes, the same F1 driver that can't make his tyres do left hand bends, whilst every other F1 driver on the grid didn't have the slighest problems. Yup, the same F1 driver who hates the "monkeys at the back" of the grid. Yup, the same smug F1 driver that is vastly overhyped by people that claim anyone who doesn't like him must be fanboys (or something - their arguments are usually pretty weak because they're not the brightest tools in the box) - has confirmed all the stereotypes that people have been trying to suppress for years.

3. But it's black.

Isn't he a cock!

+1 Nuff said.
Quote from durbster :What's the difference between Hamilton's arrogance and yours Tristan?

Tristan is not earning millions with it

3. But it's black.

Isn't he a cock!

I know that I said before that I support him but after watching his interview on Top Gear (talking about 24" rims? WTF! :really and his seriously cocky attitude at the Monaco press conference after the race and the fact that he didn't apologise to Raikkonen but actually tried to push him away a bit at Canada just set it for me really. I still believe he's a good driver, no one can deny that but definitely, Raikkonen is still the quickest and IMO, most consistent. He definitely drinks a lot , no one can deny that too but at least when he's at the track, he gets the job done
I'm positively humble in comparison though

Knocked this (right click, Save as...) together (well, used Movie Maker to pull out the clip I wanted). Hopefully someone with links to McLaren or Hamilton will see it and learn from it. See how I stop at the traffic light in the queue of cars WITHOUT HITTING ONE OF THEM!!!11!onE!!

Kimi's drinking/partying is a bonus for him - he is one of the few humans in F1, and his drinking should be encouraged!

It takes years of training and plenty of skill to do this*

*actually, it doesn't. It takes eyes**, a brain, and the basic use of pedals***
**one would be enough
***just the left pedal actually in an F1 car. In most cars the left and middle pedal need to pressed, adding to the complexity.
Who the feck cares.

OT: Is it my personal feeling or has this forum really recently turned into a place where people keep coming to voice their often strongly critical/negative opinion for the pure sake of nagging? Take a look at iRacing threads, it's beyond me how some individuals have continual need to post and dispute in matters they admit/pretend aren't interested in at all.
Quote from TV[cz] :Who the feck cares.

OT: Is it my personal feeling or has this forum really recently turned into a place where people keep coming to voice their often strongly critical/negative opinion for the pure sake of nagging? Take a look at iRacing threads, it's beyond me how some individuals have continual need to post and dispute in matters they admit/pretend aren't interested in at all.

Exactly.

Why can't some people see a joke, bit of banter, when it stares them right in the face? duh...! OP made me laugh anyway! Even if I am a bit of a Hamilton fan! I do recognise and hate the media hype and smugness though.

Anyone here actually rational?
Quote from tristancliffe :Lewis Hamilton - yes, the amazing F1 driver, who can park one of the fastest racing cars in the world in the smallest gravel traps. Yes, the amazing F1 driver who can't understand traffic lights at 50mph, or two cars side by side at them. Yes, the same F1 driver that can't make his tyres do left hand bends, whilst every other F1 driver on the grid didn't have the slighest problems. Yup, the same F1 driver who hates the "monkeys at the back" of the grid.

I'm picturing you watching the F1 in your armchair, occasionally yelling "Pass the almanac, dear, I need to make another entry under 'Hamilton'"

Apparently even the British press are getting the knives out for him now. What surprises me more than anything is that he hasn't seen it coming. He doesn't seem to understand that there's any value in humility at all.

Quote from Shotglass :a skill you cant pick up in karting:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlaISkyoeYc

That's brilliant.

Lew 1s
(141 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG