The online racing simulator
Lew 1s
(141 posts, started )
Quote from nihil :[laughing like a drain] Charity? in the context of Formula 1?! All of the drivers could do their little bit, by not ****ing off to tax havens. Doing a 'half day for charity' is a bit like pissing on a burning tramp...

by not paying tax's you are being uncharitable? If money being spent on Plasma TVs in second homes for MPs is charity then I clearly don't know what charity is... wow off topic
Quote from Intrepid :by not paying tax's you are being uncharitable? If money being spent on Plasma TVs in second homes for MPs is charity then I clearly don't know what charity is... wow off topic

[still laughing] well, yes, I realise that F1 drivers paying taxes is about as likely as taxes being spent on something we actually need, but its just a suggestion... As Bill Hicks said, "Just sowing some seeds...".
Quote from OldBloke :A British driver has just won the British GP. Not by luck. Simply by being the best on the day. That, for me, is something to really celebrate.

Except brutally honestly, his grandparents are from Grenada, so technically......
I don't blame them for moving to tax havens when they would have to pay millions of euros in income tax.
ok his grandparents are from gredada but i dont care if he was joejackanes i would still support him, yes i am a big hamilton supprter as most can tell, and my answer to what alot of people say about him, especially tristan, he is only very young and really is still a 'rookie'
Quote from BlueFlame :Except brutally honestly, his grandparents are from Grenada, so technically......

"British" signifies citizenship, not ethnicity, and does not necessarily mean Anglo-Saxon. He has the citizenship => he is British (in this case, of Grenada descent).

EDIT:
On topic, great drive from Lew1s in the UK Grand Prix. And I'm not a fan.
His grandparents may be foreign, but I consider anyone who was born in this country to be British, regardless of wether any of their family are foreign.

You have to admit though, that even though I dislike his attitude and behaviour lately, he really did drive very well Yesterday, but unfortunately good car control does not excuse a bad attitude.
Quote from nihil :[laughing like a drain] Charity? in the context of Formula 1?! All of the drivers could do their little bit, by not ****ing off to tax havens. Doing a 'half day for charity' is a bit like pissing on a burning tramp...

Lol, yea, i'd much rather more people gave this lunatic Gordon Brown even more of our f**king money, to be quite honest, if I could move out of this country I would, so good on them for living somewhere that will save them lots moneys and give them a good suntan.
#134 - col
Quote from Bawbag :Lol, yea, i'd much rather more people gave this lunatic Gordon Brown even more of our f**king money, to be quite honest, if I could move out of this country I would, so good on them for living somewhere that will save them lots moneys and give them a good suntan.

hmm, rich folks who built their careers living in and depending on our society, and then run away to avoid paying their dues while still leaching from our economy are a lot like the folks in LFS who have been using demo for 4 years, and always demand new features.... except only a few people depend on LFS while ALL OF US depend on tax revenue.
The attitude of these spongers means there's even less tax money to pay for:
Education; Health Service; Transport Infrastructure; National Defence; Police; Fire Brigade; Justice system; local Amenities... etc. etc. etc.

No wonder all the services we depend on are going down the shitter!

That said... GO LEWIS !

Can I hate his lack of moral muscle while still loving his sporting exploits? Yep, that's the kinda hypocrite I am

Col
Quote from col :hmm, rich folks who built their careers living in and depending on our society, and then run away to avoid paying their dues while still leaching from our economy are a lot like the folks in LFS who have been using demo for 4 years, and always demand new features.... except only a few people depend on LFS while ALL OF US depend on tax revenue.
Education; Health Service; Transport Infrastructure; National Defence; Police; Fire Brigade; Justice system; local Amenities... etc. etc. etc.

That said... GO LEWIS !

Can I hate his lack of moral muscle while still loving his sporting exploits? Yep, that's the kinda hypocrite I am

Col

There's more than enough money to cope with all of the above, but the bas**rds put it into stupid useless crap, this countrys goverment is a joke at the moment, the prices in everything is going up except our wage packets and what has changed???
Quote from col :hmm, rich folks who built their careers living in and depending on our society, and then run away to avoid paying their dues while still leaching from our economy are a lot like the folks in LFS who have been using demo for 4 years, and always demand new features.... except only a few people depend on LFS while ALL OF US depend on tax revenue.

That said... GO LEWIS !

Col

If you see the tax bill some people have to pay you would go running too!

"Yes sir that 2 million you earned... well.... 1 million is mine!" "WHAT!"

It wouldn't be so bad if we didn't have this inept government
#137 - col
Quote from Bawbag :There's more than enough money to cope with all of the above

Oh really ?
I would be very interested to see any evidence to back that statement up.

Quote :the prices in everything is going up except our wage packets and what has changed???

Hmm, the world economy has changed and is still changing in a direction that has been forecast for many years. Unfortunately, it's not one that is going to benefit us. To suggest that anything of this scale happening now has much to do with the current government(s) of the UK shows how politically/economically naive you are... basically, us small fry here in the UK are passengers along for the ride, and right now, it's a bumpy one...

The shit is hitting the fan, and it's not a little squitty UK shit into a little plastic battery powered fan, it's a huge multi national conglomorate + US * india pow(china) * War on Terror JOBBY into the worlds biggest wind farm in a hurricane... an guess who's on the other side of the rotors?

Quote from col :Oh really ?
I would be very interested to see any evidence to back that statement up.

Why don't you have a look at all the useless shit our tax money is being spent on, unless you completely agree with 10grand road signs instead of better education.
Go Lewis! don't listen to these swine!
#141 - col
Quote from Bawbag :Why don't you have a look at all the useless shit our tax money is being spent on, unless you completely agree with 10grand road signs instead of better education.

Exactly as I thought, you have no evidence!

Sure, there are problems with the way money is handed out at the local level, but that has little to do with party politics, and whatever system you choose, there will be problems and inefficiencies. Highlighting individual symptoms of this that have always existed doesn't prove anything, it's just sidestepping the real issue - there isn't anything like enough money to fully support all the services I listed - each and every one if asked would likely be able to provide valid reasons why they need at least two or three times what they get now - remember we are talking multi-billions not a few ten grand road signs.

Lew 1s
(141 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG