The online racing simulator
Free servers look inside!
(66 posts, closed, started )
Quote from mickyc30 :We race on all differant servers, CTRA for example, but we need our own sterdy server to race, host events, practice ect on

Also like lfsn00b said, when one of our team members host our own server, we will either lag out straight away, or not even be able to connect at all.
All help very much appreciated.
name: Riders Motion
playing lfs since: 1½ Year
why you should get a server: Something new coming for Slide-FX, which will require a server...

Edit: 15 Slots on S2 would do it.
Quote from Riders Motion :name: Riders Motion
playing lfs since: 1½ Year
why you should get a server: Something new coming for Slide-FX, which will require a server...

Edit: 15 Slots on S2 would do it.

i could host for you. 20 slots max on s2
Quote from mickyc30 :Also like lfsn00b said, when one of our team members host our own server, we will either lag out straight away, or not even be able to connect at all.
All help very much appreciated.

if your for lfsnoob's servern you should contact him or see first post, he has won one
Quote from CrAbStEr DrIfTeR :name:Callum Craddy
playing lfs sinceecember 2007
why you should get a server:
I am the manager of "Total Torque" (TT') MotorsportZ. I know with only playing from December 2007 i sound a bit of a amateur but i know my driving and my team is going perfect, only one problem though, i cannot get aa 24/7 server and thought i would apply here.
"Why?"
Whenever i turn the server off everyone starts complaining that they love it! but i cannot help but close it. Aswell as this some members are in different timezones meaning they come on overnight whilst the server is not on. If i had a 24/7 server, this would not be a problem!
Insim!
IF I COULD GET AN INSIM WORKING I HAVE A PERFECT ONE!
Last but not least....
All problems would be solved for team timezones, people complaining that the server is closing down AND my mother complaining she has no money and that i cannot have any to run a server because she really doesnt understand how important they are.

Thanks for telling me about this thread mate

like i said ingame, tell me when the server is on and crowded and ill look, if it is like you say, we'll see
Quote from kiss me :if your for lfsnoob's servern you should contact him or see first post, he has won one

pardon? i don't really understand, im not teamed with lfsn00b if thats what you mean, my team, well liner32's team also have applied for a sever because of those same circumstances.
Thanks Michael
well, lfsnoob had an extra reason why i gave it, if you have a team but no link to site for me...
EDIT: you do,
well, its not a big team...
ill look into it
Quote from kiss me :well, lfsnoob had an extra reason why i gave it, if you have a team but no link to site for me...
EDIT: you do,
well, its not a big team...
ill look into it

Thanks we dont want to expand to a huge team, we have a select few good racers with differant skills in differant areas to cover all aspects in driving and give us the edge in competition, a server would give us an even better edge, and we can't host our own because we cant connect, or lag out straight away

All help extremely appreciated.

Thanks Michael.

P.S i will love you forever if you do decide to help us (not in a gay way)
alot of people love me when i help, allways in a non gay way tho
i'll host a server, for all people that want a server for their team, if they are good, they get server, u kno?
ill let you know when i start that server
Awesome, does this mean we get a server? if it does, you truely are the best
i guess the dream has come true!!!
you bet dan
Name: Ryan Nerby (ingame: JDM*F Eclipse)
Playing LFS since: S1 Patch E (Close to 6 years)
Why you should get a server: JDMF has been around as a fun and top drift team for LFS helping others and providing services for people from anywhere to setups to even drift training. We have been a team since December of 2006 so soon its going to be 3 years. Everything server wise seems to fall through and nothing seems to happen. I have paid for the website and hosting but yet, I cant afford a 24/7 server. We would be gratefull to have a server to host practice, private sessions and even competitions.

Any response is fine for me, Just looking at the request is good for me.

Website is JDMFantasy.com

Thanks for looking, Cheers

Ryan - Eclipse
Quote from kiss me :

Unless the speed test is lying your upload bandwidth is approximately 500 kb (kilobit). That means that, in theory, you'll only be able to host one full server allowing 13 cars on track and one spectator at 4 PPS. At most!

All according to this formula:

(4*0.09375)*((14*13)-13) = 63.37500 Kilobyte/sec upload required.

Now lets multiply that figure by 8 to get the numbers in kilobit.

63.37500 * 8 = 507 Kilobit/sec upload required.

Good luck!
Quote from felplacerad :Unless the speed test is lying your upload bandwidth is approximately 500 kb (kilobit). That means that, in theory, you'll only be able to host one server allowing 13 cars on track and one spectator at 4 PPS. At most!

The assumption being that the server will be full. However, it's worth mentioning that most servers are usually not full, if not empty. The concept of overselling isn't a new one

Quote from felplacerad :All according to this formula:

FWIW that formula might be a little bit out now, but it's roughly right The calculator in-game should yield the same results, in theory...
i know, i've read this in another thread, wich is rather concerning me...
its a great deal, here. but stopping it... i have no choice, do i...
hosting crap servers aint good too right
Till Further Notice,all Servers Are Shut Down.
This Is Because The Internet Is Acting Weard. And So Are All The Servers
Do you read your PM's?
Quote from mickyc30 :Awesome, does this mean we get a server? if it does, you truely are the best

I guess you guys are having little bit of a problem now with the server. I could temporarily host server for you guys if you promise to be nice to me on BnJ.

I have 100mbps connection, so shouldn't be a problem if I run one more server.
If you have 100mb connection, Why arnt you making money from it?!?
Quote from mcgas001 :If you have 100mb connection, Why arnt you making money from it?!?

pfft. I find better ways to earn money. How much do you think I could earn? Not worth the hazzle.
Quote from Gekkibi :I guess you guys are having little bit of a problem now with the server. I could temporarily host server for you guys if you promise to be nice to me on BnJ.

I have 100mbps connection, so shouldn't be a problem if I run one more server.

were always nice to you on BnJ lol, we made a good little trio
Quote from mickyc30 :were always nice to you on BnJ lol, we made a good little trio

Yes we did. Are you and dan interested of the server-offer? If yes, send me the config-file and I get it up and running.

It is not permanent server, however. It will be up as long as I want (But the server is online 24/7, if something bad doesn't happen).

I would prefer if the amount of data sent and received would be less than 500Mb per day (So, don't host any full-grid 24h endurance. )
you should contact liner32 hes the boss, PM him about it and i highly doubt we would be having full grid 24 hour races lol
This thread is closed

Free servers look inside!
(66 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG