Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :i was joking man.

ah, yes, now I see that my reply looks rather serious.....
and I see new title
cheers
@ researchers: DUH! people who play shooting game and like that sort of thing could have a more violent tendency. same sort of thing with racing games.

I also hate those news reporters that go "the need for speed" when ever there is a fenderbender.
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :@ researchers: DUH! Stupid people who play shooting game and like that sort of thing could have a more violent tendency. same sort of thing with racing games.

Fixed

Quote :I also hate those news reporters that go "the need for speed" when ever there is a fenderbender.

I hate that too
Quote from Bean0 :Nah, Pacman made us all want to run around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music.

I am surprised that LFS doesn't have the usual 'Remember to drive safely and always wear your seatbelt' crap somewhere though, it's almost as if games are forced to have this by some other body nowadays.

That is an American policy, just like the "Objects in the mirror may not be as close as they appear" stickers, it is just so you cannot sue someone if you crash.
LFS had absolutely no impact on my driving in real life, whatsoever.. at least, I think. I drag race regularly(would burn some corners too but it's hard to get a chance, once/twice a year if I'm lucky/ audi driving experience, etc etc) and I gotta admit, it's been my real world experience that's made it's way into the simulator, not the other way around. Although I can see how it can be this way for some people, especially younger people who have little to no experience behind the wheel. Also, I didn't consider myself a great driver until my mid 20's, I had to learn many lessons the hard way, but that's what driving mustangs will get ya lol.
Quote from MAGGOT :The added risk taking negates any improvement in skill, thusly not making you a better driver. Just a stupider one with a little more ability.

That was my point
With regards to racing techniques. I agree that they have no place on the road, but it comes as no surprise to me that someone that has learned those techniques on a computer based simulator has no issue with applying them on the road and thinking that makes them a better driver.

Personally I don't think ANY driving sim is near enough to reality to be able to use as a learning aid for real fast driving. Especially not on the public roads. There is only one thing appart from almost killing yourself in an accident that will teach you just how stupid and dangerous it is to drive fast on public roads and that is experience on a race track. Doesn't have to be as a racer but just doing track days, (I don't count track exprience days as they don't give enough on track time), will teach you just how little grip there is on public roads for example and also just how unpredictable everyone else around you is.

Driving fast on public roads is dumb, end of.
Unless you have a massive zorst. And neon. And a big turbo gauge, even though it's a N/A car. Then it's seemingly acceptable

Or is in the eyes of 17 - 24 year old males anyway. Luckily I fall just outside that age bracket. So I'm apparently a better driver now than I will be next year. Lawlz.
Quote from allianz :
.... Driving actions in these games often include competitive and reckless driving, speeding and crashing into other cars or pedestrians, or performing risky stunts with the vehicle. ....

If you read this, you will recognise that it is bout more arcadish games, so the lfs players are not attacked (directly)
Quote from ORION :Some games are just so extremely unrealistic that people think they can also do stuff like that in real life. For example, some guy lately said if you drive with 250kmh into the side of another car, you can use the other cars mass to block you from crashing into the wall. That way, he thought its possible to take a turn with just a few scrathes on his door.
Thats not a joke, this really happened.....

Sometimes I really wish I was born stupid, so I wouldnt notice all this... aahhh!!!

I must say i hate those kids in LFS when they come to see that rather you dont do it here in race Second thing is our sets in LFS are like perfectly tuned up suspensions - regular ones do not forgive some behaviour (that was my way to drive with AIs - to give them best set I had and to drive most road-going one)

Quote from danielMG :Racing theory and simulators, in a way, have made me a worse driver.

Racing techniques don't belong in the road. My driving is very aggressive and nervous, braking late and using the accelerator early to exit turns and roundabouts. I shouldn't turn as fast and hard as I do and I use the road shoulder to smoothe my line in right hand corners.

if you realize that is worse for your car - maybe you start to care not to wear it so much
Quote :To sum up, I make my passengers sick. Must be scary for them too.

Thats the toghest part - YOU know that the edge is further and not so sharp
I think ppl can take real driving and driving in LFS different. I don't think that i could do such things on the road, that i do in lfs. this is ridiculous, LFS only makes my reflexes better
One flaw in that study is that they only have people playing aggressive driving games. I imagine someone would also be a more aggressive driver after a game of football for example.
This is just a bunch of people that need a job, soo they get payed to find someone or something new to blame for real road accidents.
But i don't think they are talking about simulators like LFS, they are taking about games like GTA(for the pedestrian part), Need For Speed and others related to street racing. And i can see why.... just watch programs like " Pimp my ride " ! People are encourage to improve alot the "racing look", performance and then just fill the car with things that can and will distract you from the actual driving, like two Tv's, four dvd's, three video games, and a sound system that does not let ear anything else beside your ears bursting. Imagine your a road cop arriving to the scene of a car crash. and a mile away you start earing techno music, then when you see the car, a 15 years old rice pimped Fiat, fliped, with Need for Speed still playing in the back seats and with the Titanic background coming from the dvd Screen.
This is just the usual blame game industry, trying to do a living.

Btw...before i was a user of Live for Speed online simulator, to get that racing rush i used to go alot faster on the roads. Now i just dont because i have a place where i speed up as much as i want and race people without any injurys, damage or license penalty's.
LFS makes me drive worse irl. I loose sleep from playing too much, end up getting in a real car a bit off-focus from sleep deprevation and start pre-empting laggy cars in traffic.

I used to take care of some normal pre-teen girls and they played GTA3 (PS2) alot at my house, they argued and fought alot as well about everything and were really quite rough, even using some of the negative language in the game. We banned the GTA game and they immediately calmed down in the following days and became civil again to each other. So as much as I love to disagree........ but I really am no scientist. We did let them play again after a few weeks and they began to get argumentative again and bashing each other etc, so we had to ban it again. They weren't nasty to each other when they played NFS. Just my observations.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG