The online racing simulator
The Flat Earth Society
(160 posts, started )
It was only a matter of time before Lerts tried explaining wormholes and 10 dimensions in this thread

Quote from Luke.S :I haz proof it iz round.

Their point is that it could be faked in some way, photoshopped or whatever.
I haz proof it iz phlad
Quote :could be faked in some way, photoshopped or whatever.

Here's one I threw together last night in After Effects- wasn't too hard either. Animates and all
Attached images
earth.jpg
Proof: The Humber Bridge is 6 inches further apart at the top of the towers than at the bottom.
Better proof - Gravity is stronger and weaker in some parts of the earth - by the FE theory the earth would very very soon turn in on itself.
I had so much fun reading...

The earth is made of wood!
Ok, now LFS-related:

Is LFS based on a flat earth or on a round earth?

Quote from BlakjeKaas :Ok, now LFS-related:

Is LFS based on a flat earth or on a round earth?

Quote from Jakg :Better proof - Gravity is stronger and weaker in some parts of the earth - by the FE theory the earth would very very soon turn in on itself.

^ Based on that, and the fact that LFS has gravity (albeit virtual gravity, but its a virtual world! :tilt then LFS world must be round.

EDIT: lol at the above
Quote from J@tko :^ Based on that, and the fact that LFS has gravity (albeit virtual gravity, but its a virtual world! :tilt then LFS world must be round.

The fact that the earth is round has nothing to do with gravity.
Quote from wheel4hummer :The fact that the earth is round has nothing to do with gravity.

the fact that the earth is round has everything to do with gravity
You never know, maybe the earth really is flat, but just shaded artistically in order to convey a nice sense of depth.
Quote from Shotglass :the fact that the earth is round has everything to do with gravity

But, quoted from Wikipedia, Newton's law of universal gravitation is:

Where:
  • F is the magnitude of the gravitational force between the two point masses,
  • G is the gravitational constant,
  • m1 is the mass of the first point mass,
  • m2 is the mass of the second point mass,
  • r is the distance between the two point masses.
What does that have to do with an object being round? Couldn't a cube, for example still have gravity?
no, cubes don't have gravity. cubes aren't points, are they? the law of universal gravation says points.
theres a huge difference between
the fact that the earth is round has nothing to do with gravity
and
the fact that the earth has gravity has nothing to do with that its round
Quote from george_tsiros :no, cubes don't have gravity. cubes aren't points, are they? the law of universal gravation says points.

Doesn't it have a center of mass, though?
I have proof the world is round. Link.
I am going to start the PES. That stands for Phallic Earth Society. I believe that the earth is phallus shaped.
so do a lot of other americans... particularly the ones in florida
but then again theyre all 80 years old and voted for bush
Quote from Shotglass :so do a lot of other americans... particularly the ones in florida
but then again theyre all 80 years old and voted for bush

I don't get it...
Quote from wheel4hummer :I don't get it...

... Look at a map, then go to the stereotype that Americans thins America is the only country in the world, only in this case Florida is the only country in the world.
Quote from sinbad :I reached the conclusion that the FES was set up as a joke or con, and somehow snared some gullible souls who apparently now defend it to the death, unless every one of those believers was there at the beginning and is "in on it". Hell a lot of them could all be the same person for all I know, that wouldn't be so hard to implement if you had enough time on your hands ...

That's what I wanted to post after reading through this thread, but you were quicker After a brief look on their forums ( on the threads linked in this topic ) I really got the feeling that hardcore believers (they are the ones having a huge postcount and only saying "read faq/use search/already been explained/quote" or giving so short answers any IRC channel would admire) are just one person, or a family or something. It's a kind of hobby imho, like I play css all day long, he (or she) is posting BS on that forum and enjoying how others are finding it ridiculous and trying to convice "them" how f***ed up their theory is
Quote from Shotglass :theres a huge difference between
the fact that the earth is round has nothing to do with gravity
and
the fact that the earth has gravity has nothing to do with that its round

Quote from wheel4hummer :Doesn't it have a center of mass, though?

Guys... relax. i'm just kidding... (for those of you who don't remember, i'm a phycisist... these 'round earthers' are making me want to puke)

The Flat Earth Society
(160 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG