The online racing simulator
The Flat Earth Society
(160 posts, started )
Quote from sinbad :It's inconceivable that any of them genuinely believes it. Do they also believe the sun orbits the earth? Why can't the sun be seen all the time from all over the earth if it can be seen from one part?

What is on the underside of "Earth"? And would you have to hang on to avoid falling into space?

It is, according to the FAQ, an optical illusion. Just like the earth being flat is an optical illusion as we are close to it.

Have any of them been in a plane? How do they explain the earth's curvature which is visible with the naked eye from a few thousand feet?
It's like the LFS Forums, see Post #2.
#53 - Byku
OMG... i'm registering there O.O... it's awesome ... so much fun... and interesting trying make them to prove their point.
Tristan here is "some" about curvature of earth:
http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=20687.0

"This "fact" is debatable by all who have been on a plane. Plus, appearance of curvature doesn't mean it's reality. If you need examples, I can provide them."

Damn... i want those examples *_*.
Tristan has signed up....this should be fun...
#56 - Byku
... LFS players let's unite
#57 - JJ72
I knew it's too hard for tristan to resist.
Looks like their forum could do with a little tidying up- one main section for everything should be sufficient.
Attached images
compn.jpg
I'm Motiv_S there. And yes i did search, but the other threads were way over (under?) my head. They had replies from the bishop (their leader) himself. I got bored of reading of his explanations when he got into celestial centers over different parts of the earth.
I see nothing on that site that makes me think they really believe FE theory at all.

It's clearly a joke.

The FAQ is hilarious
I can resist. I can. No more posts. Ever. Maybe. Just one more?
Quote from tristancliffe :It is, according to the FAQ, an optical illusion. Just like the earth being flat is an optical illusion as we are close to it.

Have any of them been in a plane? How do they explain the earth's curvature which is visible with the naked eye from a few thousand feet?

I read a thread where someone who claims to be a commercial pilot "The Engineer" (megaposter total cultist) says bluntly that he has never seen the curvature in his entire career.
Which is good enough for them all to just say, "No you didn't" if someone says they have seen it. Even a post saying the conspirators put convex glass which magically only distorts the horizon to give the curved effect. Weirdos.

I expect they give a similarly dismissive b.s explanation if you ask why a ship can disappear over the horizon no matter how powerful your telescope.
#65 - Jakg
Quote from sinbad :I expect they give a similarly dismissive b.s explanation if you ask why a ship can disappear over the horizon no matter how powerful your telescope.

No, it's an illusion your mind makes to make you believe the conspiracy you've been fed all your life.

(I'm not joking - search their forums!)
#66 - Byku
They simply don't answer question which cannot be denied ... or it's CONSPIRACY :shhh:
I'm wondering what possible excuse these tossers had to move the "Lack of pirates causes global warming" thread into the "complete nonsence" section
All lfs forum guys who post there please give us a link to your thread or post! So far I saw only the thread Jagk opened...Which was a waste because he ''assumed" gravity exists...typical brainwashed noob...
#72 - Jakg
My 2p:

http://theflatearthsociety.org ... /index.php?topic=20595.20

I'm BattleMetalChris on there.

Quote :
How high is this ice wall meant to be?

Concorde flies (or flew at least) at around 55,000 feet, meaning the atmostphere reaches at least that high (in the FAQ it's stated that aircraft fly due to the accepted idea of lift-due-to-differential-air-pressures). If a flat earth was accelerating constantly the atmosphere would spill over the edges unless there was something to keep it in. The height of concorde flights means these cliffs would have to be a minimum of 55000 feet (that's over 10 miles) high. You'd see them, especially with line-of-sight to everywhere, since you've decided there's no curvature.

The Flat Earth Society
(160 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG