The online racing simulator
Sleep Talking
(90 posts, started )
i once got told i said 'Ill get it!' just before i fell out of bed.

strange thing is, i cant remember saying that, but i woke up just before i fell off..

wierd
@kiss me

gekke belg

How does it feel when ure sleeping and talking at the same time?
Quote from Takumi_lfs :@kiss me

gekke belg

How does it feel when ure sleeping and talking at the same time?

ty

well, they dont know, it happens in their subcon..... onderbewustzijn
Quote from zeugnimod :Does he watch "Wer wird Millionär?"

He told me later that he dreamed of playing Nintendo IIRC, he's a console freak
apparently i sleep swear, ive never heard me doing it though.
#31 - wark
Quote from danowat :Sounded? sounds!!!, I do it about 4 times a week!!!, it's loud enough to wake her up, very odd.

Jesus God! get a bite plate! your teeth must look like a pharaoh's...
My cousins husband used to to sing nursery rhymes in his sleep, it was really damn creepy.

"Wee willie winky climbed up the water spout, wee willie winky etc.."
While I was doing my military service I witnessed quite a few sleeptalkers (and not only):

One guy would sit-up in his sleep suddenly like a spring-operated mechanism propelled him and scream once or twice then fall back down and sleep - at first everyone in the barracks would jump up in a panic, a couple of weeks later they'd throw things at him and about a month later they couldn't sleep properly if he didn't do that. Naturally, I kept a log of sorts trying to see if there was a pattern to the time he'd scream - maybe he'd be useful to synchronize a watch to or something - but there wasn't an apparent one.

Another guy, a green grocer by profession, would sell tomatoes with way too much zeal - wake up everyone in the barracks with his proclamations of freshness and of good prices. Same person couldn't wake up - he'd get tossed off his bunker, only to go back and find him snoring on the floor. I guess he had a busy night.

The less obnoxious of them all, although he can't be classified as a talker per se, was this guy who was a lute player - he could be seen playing an imaginary lute while snoring. At times he'd pause to tune it.

Ofcourse there was also the professional sleepwalker - we'd find him somewhere around the building usually standing with his head propped on a doorhandle, sound asleep. There was no stopping him getting out as by all appearances he was perfectly awake and seemed to be on his way to the can - he'd even answer questions. Only thing one could do is wait for a while, then go retrieve him.
Quote from MVshaW :....

this could be a symptom of apnoea, some people describe it with a feeling like falling down
I sleep walk aswell, often wake up in weird places wondering what is going on.

It's quite funny the next day but the downside is all the sleep you lose out on by walking around all night.

I don't sleep walk, nor do I talk as far as I know. My wife tells me I snore a lot. Don't know how she could hear me over her snoring though....

When we were young kids, when my brother would get very sick, he would get delirious and hallucinate. He woke mom and dad up one night because he couldn't sleep with all the cannonballs in his bed. Confused, mom and dad were trying to figure out what he was talking about. He couldn't sleep with the 100 cannonballs in his bed with him. "How do you know there are 100 of them?" He replied screaming angrily, "BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT THE SIGN SAYS!"

Another time, he was sick in bed early. He woke up and came downstairs and told mom and dad about the fire in his room. Dad jumps up and runs upstairs to find nothing. "Where's the fire?" My brother tells us about the little green men lighting his carpet on fire. For the next half hour, mom and I sat downstairs laughing hysterically listening to dad stomping on all the little green men running around as my brother sat in his bed crying and pointing out where they all were.

It was a great laugh when when my brother got sick as a kid.
Quote from ACCAkut :this could be a symptom of apnoea, some people describe it with a feeling like falling down

the falling down thing,
its often happens when your feet are up in the air, or higher then normal. i had it to, just get your head higher ex. more cushens or get on top of ur gf
I dont know if i sleep talk, although i do remember my dad saying i once walked into his room a few years ago, and i woke him up. He asked what was wrong and i replied "THE GARDEN IS MELTING! THE GARDEN IS MELTING!" and i was apparently in a real bad panic :/.

My dad sleep walks a fair bit, we have found him in the usual places like the dining room, conservatory etc, but the best one was when we found him in the car .

We keep all our keys in a box in the kitchen. Sleepwalking, he somehow managed to pick the correct keys for the front door, garage, and one of the cars. He went out the front door, unlocked and opened the garage, unlocked and got in the car, and fell asleep.

I woke up the next day as normal, got ready for my day and noticed dad was'nt at home, so i thought he was at work. Just as i went to leave, i noticed the garage was open. I walked upto the car, and my dad was sat in the driving seat in his boxer shorts, with keys everywhere . When i woke him up, he got a shock. He said he thought the car was moving and he fell asleep...

My GF sleep talks really bad. Usually she just grunts and moans, but one time she had a conversation with herself.

GF: *mumble* Yes i know! *mumbled laugh*
Me: Whagh?
GF: What do you want to do today?
Me: Goto sleep...
GF: BUT I NEED TO GO AND PICK MY FREINDS UP!
Me: ....
GF: I love those shoes...

The conversation went on for about 20 minutes, with her talking about freinds, clothes, girly stuff and all that rubbish.
A little O/T, but sometimes I wake up and I'm paralysed! It's really scary... And the result, the first time it happened, was that I shouted rather loudly. Now I'm used to it, but it's very unpleasant.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :A little O/T, but sometimes I wake up and I'm paralysed! It's really scary... And the result, the first time it happened, was that I shouted rather loudly. Now I'm used to it, but it's very unpleasant.

I get that too sometimes. I heard its something to do with the part of the mind that controls your consiousness (Sp...),waking up before the part that controls your body control does, resulting in the temporary paralysis.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :I get that too sometimes. I heard its something to do with the part of the mind that controls your consiousness (Sp...), before the part that controls your body control does, resulting in the temporary paralysis.

Indeed.

Just did a little research and discovered that in addition to the paralysis, you can also hallucinate and feel like you're being watched or sat upon, or being eletrocuted. I definitely hope that I don't get any of those symptoms, I don't take well to having nightmares (obviously).
No one in my family sleep walks or sleep talks. but one time when we were camping in this little fold up camper my brother fell out becaues my dad forgot to zip up the side my brother we sleeping on. he fell 4 feet to the ground, got up..banged on the front door and yelled for a couple minutes until my mom let him in. Then jumped over me and went back to bed. Next morning my mom asked how he slept and he said he didn't wake up once... So funny, I can't believe he didn't wake up when he fell onto the gravel.

This is the camper, my brother fell out the right side
http://ppgmedia.canadatrader.c ... 4141769722897-display.jpg
Quote from Mp3 Astra :Indeed.

Just did a little research and discovered that in addition to the paralysis, you can also hallucinate and feel like you're being watched or sat upon, or being eletrocuted. I definitely hope that I don't get any of those symptoms, I don't take well to having nightmares (obviously).

People tell me that happens to them when they 'see a ghost'. Now thats made me believe even more that they're absolute bollocks.

An another note, I used to wake up in the morning and couldn't move, but that was due to back problems.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :Just did a little research and discovered that in addition to the paralysis, you can also hallucinate and feel like you're being watched

Oh I used to get that every night when I was in my teens. It would usually be when I was just falling asleep I'd notice it happen, or coming to the end of a bad dream, the part where you'd usually wake up with a start - I'd just slow down and bog down and the dream itself would stop, leaving me lying there asleep and unable to move. Usually I'd be aware of some malevolent presence observing me. Once "it" tucked the covers under my chin, another time "it" held my hand, and another time it repeatedly poked me in the back quite hard. Another time I remember being blown around my room on quick gusts of wind. Another time I was being pushed down violently into my mattress by bursts of intense white noise.

I'd be so eager to snap myself out of it that I would convince myself that I had done - I'd jump out of bed, try to turn on the light but I couldn't feel it, try to open the door but couldn't find the handle, then realise I was still lying face down in bed. New-agers would call it an out of body experience but we don't use soppy language like that in Yorkshire.

I do remember once being so desperate to wake up that I ran back to my bed and began jumping up and down on myself. Very odd. Time was usually running a bit slow too - that was the giveaway that I hadn't woken up. Falling over would happen too slowly and yet I wouldn't be able to catch myself quick enough.

Incidentally this was all in the early '90s when you couldn't just look up weird shit on the web to find out more about it. It turned out my girlfriend's mother had exactly the same thing happen to her when she was younger, and she used to order her husband to stay awake all night to stop "them" getting her. It's a very creepy sensation and especially so when nobody can tell you what it is.
Quote from thisnameistaken :

I do remember once being so desperate to wake up that I ran back to my bed and began jumping up and down on myself. Very odd. Time was usually running a bit slow too - that was the giveaway that I hadn't woken up. Falling over would happen too slowly and yet I wouldn't be able to catch myself quick enough.

That sounds so familiar to my first trouble. I actually felt myself going over to may computer and, for some reason, moving my steering wheel, dropping it, and then falling over. Then I'd appear back in bed, pretty hacked off that I hadn't actually moved. Repeat several times and you have yourself a bit of an adventure!

It is nice to know, although unpleasant, that plenty of other people have this - which shows it is a relatively "normal" thing to happen.
#46 - STF
Quote from Mp3 Astra :Asometimes I wake up and I'm paralysed!

damn, that happened a couple of times for me. (few years ago, 3-4~)
first time it happened it was in the middle of the night, i was really trying hard to move, but i had no control, i felt almost i`m suffocating, and the more i tried, the more "electrifying" the feeling*, and the harder was to breathe. ( *like millions of needles went through my whole body, the exact feeling you get when you sit in a strange position, and your benumbed leg/hand(s) start to recover from it, leaving a strange sensation of hot/cold/chills/needles/etc).

i thought it was a bad dream in the morning, but the second time it happened, some weeks later, i was conscious. It was morning, time to wake up. i tried shouting, for help, something..i only could mumble(mouth paralyzed), but not loud enough to be heard, it was a strange sensation of loneliness. this time i tried to be as relaxed as possible, "embrace it" how they say.. and shortly, surprised, i was able to move. no muscular pain, no side effects, just a little WTF`ed for 5 minutes. happened twice after this, and since then, gone.
it was really strange. wasn`t like a limb was numb, it was a whole body sensation. the more relaxed, the sooner i recovered. nice, i wasn`t able to talk about it until i saw this thread.

outer body experience.. i had one at age of 6-7.. it was like i was glued to the ceiling, looking down through the room.. i saw myself, and my sister sleeping, as i was taking a nap at noon ("forced" by parents of course :\), and when i woke up.. in pain, the pillow was colored green, some liquid poured from my left ear, i was soon diagnosed with acute otitis media, i only remember me having a few dozens penicillin shots. (90`s.. penicillin = universal treatment:schwitz.
The second experience thought it was weird, 1 or two years later, some guests came by (dad`s colleagues from work). the door to my room was closed and locked lol. supposed to sleep in the afternoon, like always back then, i somehow "opened" the door and walked up the hall way, seeing who they were and what they were saying.
after they left, dad came, opened the door (the lock sound woke me up), i stood there, until the "scheduled sleep" expired, then i went to my father asking him what did his colleagues wanted. his reply: 0.o.*(WHY DON`T YOU SLEEP!?!!11! (now i dunno, maybe i recognized their voices ? subconscious? it was really like a dream.. which i woke up from).

anyway, bring more stories, this is getting interesting.

oh, ps: once i dreamed i fell off the block (8 stories high). that was quite nerve wrecking, i immediately woke up, my heart was pumping like mad. 180+ bpm i reckon. i was jumpy all day.
When I was a kid I'd have some very weird hallucinations/dreams, that I was flying. I'd start to feel very light after getting in bed, then get up and throw myself of the stairs that lead to my bedroom. Then I'd fly to various places and houses, somehow getting inside and watching what happened there. This happened several times during some 3 years.

I spent most of my nights after those years hoping for it to happen again, even today
Quote from Mp3 Astra :That sounds so familiar to my first trouble. I actually felt myself going over to may computer and, for some reason, moving my steering wheel, dropping it, and then falling over. Then I'd appear back in bed, pretty hacked off that I hadn't actually moved. Repeat several times and you have yourself a bit of an adventure!

It is nice to know, although unpleasant, that plenty of other people have this - which shows it is a relatively "normal" thing to happen.

Yeah that's the same thing - awareness during sleep paralysis, or ASP. Can be terrifying or frustrating or occasionally - if you can get over the unreasonable sense of dread - fun in parts. I still get it every couple of months but the frequency dropped off hugely when I hit my 20s.

What gets me is that it still convinces me, after 15+ years of it, that I've woken up and snapped out of it when I haven't. I always try to move a forearm sharply to wake myself up, and when it doesn't work (I fail routinely these days, maybe because the whole scenario is less frequent for me) I get a sensation of my movement being resisted, like dragging myself out of a huge tin of treacle. But because I get the sensation of movement it convinces me I'm actually moving, when of course I'm not. I just don't realise it until I'm across the room from where I actually am.

I have to say though, as scary as it usually is, I am a little disappointed that it doesn't happen very often any more because it is pretty cool. Try to just go with it sometimes and see what happens, if you can get over the weird irrational terror.

Edit: Oh, and I just remembered: It always happened much more often if I slept on my right side, and I'm right-handed. It seemed too common to be coincidental. And I've had a messed-up sleeping pattern for as long as I can remember, which probably doesn't help.
To be honest that sounds like a great feeling... Wanna trade? You can get my boring sleep, Michael
hm this whole sleep paralysis thing sounds a bit like lucid dreaming without realizing it
maybe you shoudl try to embrace it and enjoy the freedom of being able to do anything without putting your body in harms way

Quote from thisnameistaken :Edit: Oh, and I just remembered: It always happened much more often if I slept on my right side, and I'm right-handed. It seemed too common to be coincidental. And I've had a messed-up sleeping pattern for as long as I can remember, which probably doesn't help.

that reminds me of my favourite kind of sleep paralysis (ok actually it isnt) which is waking up with somebody elses arm in your bed only to find out that its your own but completely numb and bloodless from lying on it for hours

Sleep Talking
(90 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG