The online racing simulator
Quote from Electrik Kar :There aren't any games around which look real, and we shouldn't expect there to be. At the end of the day you've just gotta give the technology you're using some concessions, as it's all about tricks. Bloom is a low cost special effect which doesn't look real, but it can be better than not having it.

Yes, as i said it looks ok on the pictures, but have any off you tried to actually drive with bloom? It's pretty unrealistic and your head starts to hurt after half a lap.. I agree that LFS's perfectly crystal clear view is also wrong, but this bloom is just redicolous in motion, sorry
Imo it looks better when you're driving, as it's more dynamic. I'm not going to convert anyone, what you see on your monitor may be different to what I see on mine, you may have tendencies to migraines etc.. heh, just imo I would prefer it on than off.

I think Fern Bay at sunset looks really good with the bloom, or sunsets in general. If you still feel like experimenting, try out my latest settings (tweaked slightly from SR's, but maybe not much difference), try a few laps of FB Black at sunset, and then switch it off. I much prefer it on, but that's just me...

Some people like seafood, personally- I hate the stuff
Attached files
latest enb2.zip - 895 B - 411 views
Why would you need too? We've all seen it.
Quote from Shotglass :so real really is brown?

As EK said, no it's not supposed to look real but LFS does look better with bloom, imo.

Quote from Boris Lozac :Yes, as i said it looks ok on the pictures, but have any off you tried to actually drive with bloom? It's pretty unrealistic and your head starts to hurt after half a lap.. I agree that LFS's perfectly crystal clear view is also wrong, but this bloom is just redicolous in motion, sorry

Yea I have, I find it actually much better. But it does depend on people's taste in graphics. The only thing I hate about it is the loss in fps
Quote from Electrik Kar :Imo it looks better when you're driving, as it's more dynamic. I'm not going to convert anyone, what you see on your monitor may be different to what I see on mine, you may have tendencies to migraines etc.. heh, just imo I would prefer it on than off.

I think Fern Bay at sunset looks really good with the bloom, or sunsets in general. If you still feel like experimenting, try out my latest settings (tweaked slightly from SR's, but maybe not much difference), try a few laps of FB Black at sunset, and then switch it off. I much prefer it on, but that's just me...

Some people like seafood, personally- I hate the stuff

EK - I wanna try your settings but you included the wrong file in your rar
Sorry, should be o.k. now. You probably won't see much difference, it's very close to yours. I put the BloomDayCurve setting a little higher to see if it would bring in some more contrast, and changed the bloom quality to 'high- 0'. Maybe a couple other things..
Quote from Electrik Kar :Sorry, should be o.k. now. You probably won't see much difference, it's very close to yours. I put the BloomDayCurve setting a little higher to see if it would bring in some more contrast, and changed the bloom quality to 'high- 0'. Maybe a couple other things..

Yea, I don't really see a difference, but I think I'm gonna keep my old settings though
well, bloom works now (and looks brilliant!).

But theres a HUUUUUUGE fps-drop! 250 -> 150fps

Ok here's what I've come up with after some tweaking. What I've done is practically zero'd out most of the bloom, changed the gamma levels to give a more contrasted image and altered the bloom adaptation levels to try and emulate the way your vision adapts to light when you go under bridges and large signs.

It took me a while to get a good balance between the open wheelers and the tin tops because of the darker cockpits in the tinnys but I'm happy with where Im at so far.

One thing I have noticed is how much the quality of the sky texture can effect the way the light acts, I think I have the best ones available but I've noticed my westhill sky is a lot better than south citys, although south citys dusk is superb. I might look into trying to make different skies for different effect.

Try out the new file especially if you don't like the glowing cars look the bloom can give off as It's almost tweaked out in this version.
Attached files
new-enbseries.rar - 878 B - 624 views
Quote from Bramski :...

Best configuration up untill now. However I am confident it is possible to get rid of the extra darkness and greyishness. Just waiting untill someone gets this completely right
Quote :I am confident it is possible to get rid of the extra darkness and greyishness. Just waiting untill someone gets this completely right

I would doubt that there's a best fit setting for everything. I've found SR's setting works wonderfully at Aston in cloudy weather, the air seems thick with moisture like it's about to rain- it's quite atmospheric and moody. But the same settings looks pretty bad at Westhill in sunny conditions for me, it's too light and washed out - I'd much prefer normal/no bloom settings there. If you could mix and match to particular tracks and lighting conditions, that could be a lot of fun to tweak. It's too inflexible atm.
Quote from Electrik Kar :I would doubt that there's a best fit setting for everything. I've found SR's setting works wonderfully at Aston in cloudy weather, the air seems thick with moisture like it's about to rain- it's quite atmospheric and moody. But the same settings looks pretty bad at Westhill in sunny conditions for me, it's too light and washed out - I'd much prefer normal/no bloom settings there. If you could mix and match to particular tracks and lighting conditions, that could be a lot of fun to tweak. It's too inflexible atm.

Yea bloom looks really stupid in sunny conditions... good thing there's shift-backspace to turn it off right away. But the bad thing is everyone online races in sunny conditions. Oh well
Quote from SR BaCkFiRe :But the bad thing is everyone online races in sunny conditions. Oh well

<off-topic>
Yep, I have noticed this also. Some creativity, please.
</off-topic>
Quote from Electrik Kar :It's too inflexible atm.

I found that it was also difficult to get a good balance between single seaters and tins too and that some tracks and times of day were more effective than others. It would be cool if different bloom profiles could be hotkeyed so you could change them in game.
Some SO shots w/ SR's settings (slight tweaks).
Attached images
southcity3.jpg
so4.jpg
southcity5.jpg
southcity2.jpg
dosent work whit my ati 1600pro black screen when i change AA AF it give me black screen
[quote=Bramski;774301]Try out the new file especially if you don't like the glowing cars look the bloom can give off as It's almost tweaked out in this version.

Thats one i was looking for thx great work!!
Quote from Electrik Kar :Some SO shots w/ SR's settings (slight tweaks).

looks great! could you post your version?
I like this mod.. But is there a way to make everything a little bit more colorful?
If so let me know.. LFS's default trees are way to grey..
You're wrong.

Real life is just too colourful. Realistic graphics is brown, and it's here to stay!

:hide:
NOOOOOOOOO!!!

It will be Lair all over again.. ahhhh
The only way this works properly is if AA is turned off. Otherwise it looks like somebody wiped Vaseline all over the camera lense.
maybe it's not the most realistic thing... but imho it gives ME more inmerssion... this mod is for ppl who like it... no need to flame I tried ir and it gave a nice effect I quite like... I'll keep it

PD. Usin AA with no problem =)

Bloom lighting addon for LFS
(615 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG