The online racing simulator
Join F1 manager game (browser fun) for the 2008 F1 season

So the 08 edition rolls in *drumroll*

http://www.f1racemanager.com/

Season has taken off succesfully with a nice round number of 50 people onboard. So far things are looking good and we might even have a chance to win some prizes if we do well enough. Possible prizes will, of course, go to the players who are top of our sub league .

Full alphabetical list of all participants, team - LFS_playername:
Still lots of names missing, if yours name is missing please post in this thread, thx.

220bpm Racing - HVS5b
868 Racing
Apple Pie - Jouman
Black Bullet Racing - mcintyrej
Blind Illusions - the_angry_angel
CHOPS RACING CANADA

Cortizo Racing
Crispy Racing
Dennisjr13 - Dennisjr13
Drink Team - RocksGt
DT racing

Eagle Race Team - Dygear
Eagles
Ellytech
FAW f1 team
flashpointers - Noccy

Gaxiola F1 - Blas89
Green Hell Racing - ajp71
Hornet Racing
Hyperdrive unlimited - Hyperactive
Jaws F1
Kaljakoppa Racing

LF1
LFSn00b Racing Team - LFSnoob
LightningOffTheGrid
Looney
LOTUS F1 - Tweaker

Mad Team Racing - Madman_CZ
Mazzarartea - Mazz4200
MJB Racing - (-Mark-)
MoshNation Racing
Motivacing - Eddster

Noobs - Bricktop (or Paranoid Android sigh...)
OCD - OneCrazyDiamond
Pro-tech F1
Radexel Racing
Ranting Scots - Dajmin

Reynard883.com - tristancliffe
Rusty Bangers Racing
Scared of Speed
Scavier racing - Luke.S
Speedy Gonzales Racing

SRS - SweracerS
Team CL F1 - Tisza
team team
Team Top Gear - J@tko
Team Turbo - Turbo Dad
The aNiallators - niall09

ThorF1
To0 Racing
UKCT - dawesdust_12
wark - wark
Z Racing - zeugnimod

To get going:
1. Register on the site
2. Go to the Edit profile tab and put this info in to join our LFS 08 BF1 season:

Private subleague name: The real BF1 league
Subleague Password: [Follow this link for the password]

Small how-to
Short version.
- Remember to bet! Easy money if you just guess right. No cost either.
- make sure you have a full team, ie. two drivers, chassis, engine and fuel
- read the rules: http://www.f1racemanager.com/faqrules.asp

Long version
- read the short version above
- try to find a balance between performance and reliability. Having one good item and all other bad ones might be good for points if that one item finishes the race. With more scattered aproach you might score just as much points but again the chances are that not all those items finish the race so choose wisely
- If you still go with the fully balanced approach notice that you will have to change more items in your team during the first races. If you have one good item it is also easier to change the worse items due to their price and broker fees.
- look at the points tables before making the team. The option to choose the best fuel from the start might be be tempting but if you look at the points, a little better driver might just get that amount of points. Updating the fuel to better is cheaper and easier later on.
- if you want to go for the win you may want to keep the results on notepad or excel
- there is a bonus question between every gp. Try to get it right for more dough.
So far 9 people have signed up as I post this. Lets get some more participants!
Glad to see you finally picked one.

Will sign up later today when i get some free time.
Prepare to go down boys!

It's been a long, long time since I played a browser based game.. This could be the rekindling of an old addiction (used to be planetarion, back in the day)!
Dude, I still play Planetarion now

I like browser games because I can play them at work
Black Bullet Racing is ready for action! Good luck guys.
I`ll think I pass, I just get adicted to it again (browser game), and get me fired from the work.
Quote from Dajmin :Dude, I still play Planetarion now

:doh: That's just silly!

Up all night doing bcalcs, setting up raids, setting alarm clocks to sync my ship building... Never again! Well.. maybe not never.
I don't do stuff quite that crazy (these days). But obviously battle calcs and stuff still get done. Thankfully nobody expects you to get up in the middle of the night any more
What is this? a lfs event? xD
It's a web browser based game, where a set of LFS'ers are playing each other:

Quote :How does this game work?
You manage a virtual Formula 1 team consisting of two drivers, a chassis, an engine and a fuel supplier. If your team does well in the real Grand Prix events, you score points. Each point earns you additional money that you can use to improve your team. See the table below for the scoring system.

Basically you buy a load of stuff and then once every X days a race gets held. A ticker then runs through your stats, add in some random values for fun, and the outcome of the race is recorded. If you win you get more money and more points.

Easy
I signed up last night!, I hope to chose the right team this year, last year sucked
Time for me to do badly! (Thumbs up)
Hmmm I think I could try
We have 21 people onboard now. We have plenty of room for more . Last year we had little over 30 iirc but I'm confident we will get there.

The season starts 16.3. with the australian GP and the manager locks down one hour before the first quali, which is 14.3.
My team is called Scavier racing.
Seniorita Dan should be along soon with his entry, i've just about bludgened him enough so he signs up.
I've joined with Motivacing. I'm always crap at these things.
I just noticed the Bonus Question thing for more cash... neat
Can anyone explain how bets work?
There are three Yes/No questions but I only read t.b.a. instead of the question itself
It looks like the TBA questions are just placeholders until there's stuff to actually ask about. It might end up being just "who will place higher" or something like that. But having never played this one before I'm just guessing
So like, the only thing I need to do to play is to select a full team, click save and wait for the results of the next race?
Quote from NotAnIllusion :So like, the only thing I need to do to play is to select a full team, click save and wait for the results of the next race?

Basically yes.
I have the chepo shit lol. YAY i have colthard now i wanted Hamilton but i would have been at -15mill lol

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG