The online racing simulator
A lesson to young kids and fast cars.
(153 posts, started )
BC = British Columbia?
BC = Before Christ
This thread is moving from a discussion of young inexperienced children doing stupid stuff like driving a 500 hp car as fast as possible without the understanding of consequences in their young inexperienced minds, to a crash is directly influenced by speed.

Speed does not equal crash. That is where the misunderstanding begins. The kid was stupid talking about clunks shifting at 140 MPH. Then the accident happens, also at a very high rate of speed. AND, it was said that they were drunk as well. Now, the discussion changes and you folks are talking about how horrible it is to do 100 kph in a 70 kph zone.

There is a very big difference between driving drunk at 100+ mph such as these kids were doing and driving 60 mph even with a speed limit of 40-45 such as normal in the US. Speed and speed limits have absolutely nothing to do with auto accidents. It is ALL about car control and nothing else. If you can not control a vehicle, THAT is what is causing normal every day accidents, NOT the speed. If someone can not control a motor vehicle, then the issue isn't speed, the issue is the fact that person should not be operating a motor vehicle at all at any speed.

This "speed causes accidents" kind of comments are a big pet peeve of mine. Nearly gets me as much as the "smoking marijuana is a stepping stone to other drugs" is.

As for the video that Tweaker posted, and has been posted here before.... That video shows a complete physical impossibility of what can and would happen. There is no way that the car would flip like that. The driver who pulled out to pass, then cut the wheel back over cutting off the other driver would have been hit by the 2nd driver and his car would have spun out to the side of the road, the right side of the road. No way a car is going to kick sideways, begin to roll, and actually accelerate in the direction of the roll such as depicted in that video. I'm all for videos and television ads to "scare" the young drivers into being more cautious, but I'd rather it not be a video showing a complete impossibility.
But sometimes there happens things that are bit difficult to understand:

A lesson to young kids and fast cars.
(153 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG