The online racing simulator
A lesson to young kids and fast cars.
(153 posts, started )
Quote from mutt107 :dustin lives in the uk

I moved to the UK now?!

Why didn't anyone tell me.

WHY!!!!
#27 - Jakg
Quote from Gabkicks :i guess now people understand why clarkson freaks out when he thinks he's running out of runway. R.I.P... i wish my daddy bought me an m5.. i wouldnt go driving it off cliffs...

Clarksons runway ends in grass, not a fecking massive jump (which sounds pretty stupid imo - even more stupid is the fact they could just drive into it!)
the problem is not limited to young people or fast cars.
Quote from Becky Rose :the problem is not limited to young people or fast cars.

Yes i can happend to any driver who drives as careles as in the video

me as 16 have seen it happend some times hre in the lowland when a guy traveling at 160 kmph on a verry narrow country road flipped his lil peugot 106
True
But young people have little experience in driving, compared to people that have driven a car for some years, and the young ones are most likely to do a mistake if they get in a situation where they have to react fast.
Quote from The Very End :True
But young people have little experience in driving, compared to people that have driven a car for some years, and the young ones are most likely to do a mistake if they get in a situation where they have to react fast.

There realy should be some kind of training oprogram for that
would come handy for me to when i get old enough to drive a car
Quote from Chrisuu01 :There realy should be some kind of training oprogram for that
would come handy for me to when i get old enough to drive a car

I know it`s off topic, but if I ever see an American driving in Norway I will back waaaay of back behind them. The training they get doesn`t help a shit! They need to drive around on a parking lot, then if they pass they belive they are ready to drive. What a dumbass system.
#34 - JJ72
people were educated to pass an exam, but never to drive.

maybe they should induce some manditory situation awareness/defensive driving test in say a 3 year interval.
Quote from The Very End :True

Right, altough the reaction time is usually excellent, the reaction itself just isn't.
Friend of mine flipped a Golf MK3 (with his GF, her 6year old boy and a friend in it), presumably because he reacted to fast.
He somehow managed to get off the road to the right and countersteered left full-lock right away.
Car was totaled, no other cars were involved (he missed a caravan... what a shame ... just kidding) and they were fine, just a little confused and shocked ofcourse.
I have to say tough, he really is a terrible driver
Live for speed cruise servers should also help reacting, when all people would drive with care...
Or im wrong? I thought LFS helps in real life someway.
Quote from Eleanor SpeedGT :Or im wrong? I thought LFS helps in real life someway.

I saved a slide on show...once... If I didn't I would go off the road and spend like 1 minute to get back on the road
so LFS does help a bit
#38 - Osco
read it yesterday, sad indeed. Tho I think this was bound to happen, 18 y-o in a new M5...
#39 - mr_x
It's things like this that make me realise why insurance prices are so high in the UK and why insurance companies won't insure young drivers on powerful cars. The fact our roads are probably more dangerous than US roads (they have corners in them, narrower and single track roads etc.) most likely plays a factor in it.

The most powerful car i've driven is my current 1.6l Ford Focus. My dad has a 2.2l TD Laguna which his company insurance won't insure me on at all, or any other insurance companies for that matter. I'm 20 in March and I passed my test 2 1/2 years ago with no claims on car insurance (apart from a window in December which aparently doesn't count), yet still my insurance is £1200.

Just goes to show that other places *cough*USA*cough* should discourage younger drivers from driving such big powerful cars more.
as a young driver myself i personally think maybe not limiting younger drivers to certain horsepower or 0-60mph speed will do much i think that you should be taught to drive the car your going to drive or have different licencing e.g.

fwd, front engine up to 110bhp
fwd, front engine up to ***bhp
rwd, front engine up to 300bhp
rwd, front engine up to ***bhp
rwd, rear engine up to 600bhp
awd, front engine up to ***bhp

and you get the idea, i think that would help people alot although maybe even only like an extra test or so instead of a different licence
In some ways your roads are more dangerous, but in others they are a lot safer. The best example of this is the banking of the roads. The United States, purely and simply, tends to neglect Newton's Laws when building roads. Roods are rarely banked correctly I and sometimes banked the WRONG WAY. This is just one reason why there are so many accidents in adverse conditions on US roads.
Quote from Stang70Fastback :In some ways your roads are more dangerous, but in others they are a lot safer. The best example of this is the banking of the roads. The United States, purely and simply, tends to neglect Newton's Laws when building roads. Roods are rarely banked correctly I and sometimes banked the WRONG WAY. This is just one reason why there are so many accidents in adverse conditions on US roads.

very true but knowing how to control your car better can give you a better chance on roads like that.!
Quote from welshys90 :very true but knowing how to control your car better can give you a better chance on roads like that.!

True. I don't have a problem, but it's those kids who can't pass a simple, basic physics class that crash, lol.
Quote from Stang70Fastback :In some ways your roads are more dangerous, but in others they are a lot safer. The best example of this is the banking of the roads. The United States, purely and simply, tends to neglect Newton's Laws when building roads. Roods are rarely banked correctly I and sometimes banked the WRONG WAY. This is just one reason why there are so many accidents in adverse conditions on US roads.

True, roads that are "banked" the wrong way is horrible.
Where I live we have a downhill road, and one of the cornes are a long left corner that is on a edge of a hill, and it`s banked the wrong way. Everyone here fears that corner, and god knows how many that have been in the fender. So, some of the roads are to be blamed aswell.
Quote from welshys90 :as a young driver myself i personally think maybe not limiting younger drivers to certain horsepower or 0-60mph speed will do much i think that you should be taught to drive the car your going to drive or have different licencing e.g.

fwd, front engine up to 110bhp
fwd, front engine up to ***bhp
rwd, front engine up to 300bhp
rwd, front engine up to ***bhp
rwd, rear engine up to 600bhp
awd, front engine up to ***bhp

and you get the idea, i think that would help people alot although maybe even only like an extra test or so instead of a different licence

While in prinicipal that sounds a good idea, the logistical nightmare it would cause would be horrendous. The problem is that some kids do feel ivnvicable when behind the wheel, and that can only be cured by proper education and teaching.

Maybe also repeated kicking to the groin will also inforce the idea of mortality, with extra kicking for anyone driving a sodding corsa with lexus lights
Quote from squidhead :OR flying an M5 off a runway into the trees

Yeah, I mean, had the driver been properly educated he would have realized that the M5 was obviously loaded beyond takeoff capacity and would have aborted. He simply couldn't get enough lift to clear the trees with that many people in it.
Quote from Hankstar :What a waste.
Wrecks like this always make me think of the occasional post we get here from someone bragging about their street-racing antics or the touge runs they do on their local roads. Also makes me think of this recent Melbourne wreck (link) where four kids died needlessly & stupidly in a P-plated V8 on an inbound freeway. To be honest, these wrecks also make me remember some of the silly shit I managed to get away from unscathed when I was a kid...

I was wondering if this would get involved i was going to do it myself but heres the bad part i knew the people in the Melbourne Incident was quite a shock, gives me a new found sence of how to use my head insted of being a douch.

On Topic
Another example of kids gone wrong, showing off being erged on by friends ect. The stuff you dont do.
#49 - JTbo
I hope no flower hat comes to say that parents should not give fast cars to their kids, I just may get bit angry then

This case is just another one where it shows what will happen if you are emotion driven, use less emotions and such things just won't happen (in other words, engage brain).

Worst thing in this kind of accident is to just feel sorry for someone and to keep it down and hidden, best is to bring these kind of accident to everyone's face with facts what did happen, only that way there is small hope of people to learn from other's mistakes and then accident could bring something good too, when people start to understand that you should not go fast without practising it in controlled enviroment first.

Even in top gear they have braking markers when they test top speeds so that they can stop car safely before running out of runway and that is even they do that stuff bit more than average joe.

Many young driver goes by emotion and ignores safety issues and facts, this is what kills people.
I can't help but wondering why so few people say: what a moron he was? There were 5 people in a speeding car, going towards the border of an airstrip which had quite a steep and rough edge. I really can't help but feel very little sorry for the driver
A while ago here in Belgium, 4 people drove their car under a train. That's almost just as dumb. The worst thing is, my mother was one of the people having to "clean up" the bodies at the hospital. I can tell you stuff you'd never want to hear or imagine.

And for the most powerful car I've driven: our 130 HP Mondeo.

And for the movie, I've already seen it a while ago and it has been discussed. And I must agree to what was said back then: the crash is too much over the top, the crash happend because of the dog, the car shouldn't have flipped over and last but not least, when in a crash, speed will make a difference, but if you're unlucky, you'll be dead anyway. It's just a matter of how you bump your head.

Speed doesn't kill, it's the stopping that hurts

A lesson to young kids and fast cars.
(153 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG