The online racing simulator
A lesson to young kids and fast cars.
(153 posts, started )
I think that in this FnF inspired times it would be a good idea to have an experience / performance restriction
<2 years of experience = car slower than 9 seconds 0-100kph
< 5 years of experience = car slower than 7 seconds 0-100 kph
and so on...
so that you can ONLY drive a fast car when you get all the irresponsibility out of your head
What a horrible accident
R.I.P

It was so unessesarry, it should never happend, why can`t people think before they act. It`s horrible of me saying a thing like that, but if you drive stupidly, your sooner or later is gonna pay for it

When that is said, R.I.P all of them, it`s tragic
damn thats hoorible accident usually this happens to "wannabe" bigboys
R.I.P. to all
omg the car flied ? RIP
What a waste.
Wrecks like this always make me think of the occasional post we get here from someone bragging about their street-racing antics or the touge runs they do on their local roads. Also makes me think of this recent Melbourne wreck (link) where four kids died needlessly & stupidly in a P-plated V8 on an inbound freeway. To be honest, these wrecks also make me remember some of the silly shit I managed to get away from unscathed when I was a kid...
This video opened my eyes to a pretty horrific sequence of events. And it definitely changed my mind about speeding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmJjQekIaAs

Some commercial from the DOE?
The UK and Canada both have some pretty brutal PSAs.

Anyone else notice that one of the other kids in the car was named Dustin Dawe(s)?
Quote from DeadWolfBones :The UK and Canada both have some pretty brutal PSAs.

Anyone else notice that one of the other kids in the car was named Dustin Dawe(s)?

but thanks god it was not Dustin the one we know
dustin lives in the uk
Actually, he lives in Canada.
Yes, this is tragic and horrible... but let's be honest, that's cause and effect.

I'm 18 and the fastest thing I've ever driven myself is a Merc SLK, a 3 or 3.5 V6 I think, and that was in driving school.
This thing made me break the speed limit before I even had a license!
I was used to a car (ugly Fiat something) that was struggling to get to 130kph (which is the speedlimit on Austrian autobahns) and in the merc, the acceleration from 130k to 160k felt like 30k to 60k in the ugly Fiat.
It never felt like I'd lose control over the car, it felt like I was losing control over myself!
I hit almost 170kph without realizing it and even the driving instructor right next to me didn't notice it, or atleast didn't do anything to stop me from speeding up even more (but I guess - or rather hope - she'd have if I really did).
After I realized how fast I was, I strictly stuck to the speedlimit, but I can't deny that the urge to simply floor it was there.
But that's not limited to us young drivers, my uncle does up to 180k in a Volkswagen TranSporter.
Difference is, he has 30+ years of driving experience.
I'm not saying that young drivers like me are bad drivers, I just know from myself that experiencing tough situations gives you a better understanding of what can happen on the road and how to cope with potentially dangerous situations, which, as we all now, get even more dangerous with higher speeds.

Quote from Tweaker :This video opened my eyes to a pretty horrific sequence of events. And it definitely changed my mind about speeding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmJjQekIaAs

Stupid video, simply has nothing to do with speeding.
Sure, the "mess" might have been "smaller" if he wasn't as fast as he was but did you see where the road was going? You'd have to be a complete moron to overtake there, it just doesn't make sense.
This would've happend anyway with such a stupid idiot behind the wheel.
Quote from morpha :Stupid video, simply has nothing to do with speeding.
Sure, the "mess" might have been "smaller" if he wasn't as fast as he was but did you see where the road was going? You'd have to be a complete moron to overtake there, it just doesn't make sense.
This would've happend anyway with such a stupid idiot behind the wheel.

Oh really?

So being negligent and driving like a complete dumbass in general has nothing to do with fast cars, speeding, accidents, and people losing their lives? You really shined a whole lot of light on this subject :rolleyes:
Quote from Tweaker :Oh really?

So being negligent and driving like a complete dumbass in general has nothing to do with fast cars, speeding, accidents, and people losing their lives? You really shined a whole lot of light on this subject :rolleyes:

Totally agree.
Quote from Tweaker :Oh really?

I didn't say that, if you'd have read my whole post you'd know my opinion about (young) people driving (fast) cars.
I'm just saying that this video is another one of those unrealistic overkill we-have-to-stop-speeding vids.
Don't get me wrong, I think it's a good idea to show the danger of speed (or "driving like a complete dumbass", as you call it, in general) in such a drastic manner, but that's just unrealisitic.
Sure you did:
Quote from morpha :Stupid video, simply has nothing to do with speeding.

Simply?

Well you are analyzing the video far too closely, when the actual message is quite clear and right in front of you........ Hell, even cartoons are used for PSA's... and those don't have to be 'realistic'.
Quote from Tweaker :Sure you did:

Simply?

Well you are analyzing the video far too closely, when the actual message is quite clear and right in front of you........ Hell, even cartoons are used for PSA's... and those don't have to be 'realistic'.

Yes I KNOW, but did you read what "Blasterdog46", who posted the vid on youtube, entered as description?
Quote :You May Never Speed Again After Seeing This
I'm still debating whether I want to laugh, cry or stop speeding. So I think I'll go play Guitar Hero.

See what I mean?

€: People, especially young people, just don't realize that this addresses a real danger and something that could really happen, and not just happen, but happen TO THEM.

€²: About the speed thing: Ofcourse it has something to do with speed, even 5mph could decide if you crash into another vehicle or not.
What I meant is that the problem in the video isn't the speed itself but the fact that the young driver obviously had not the slightest idea what he was doing there.
Man that's horrible. Was that really the 18 year old kid posting on the forum the day before he crashed? This is getting too freaky.
i guess now people understand why clarkson freaks out when he thinks he's running out of runway. R.I.P... i wish my daddy bought me an m5.. i wouldnt go driving it off cliffs...

(153 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG