The online racing simulator
A lesson to young kids and fast cars.
(153 posts, started )
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :The fact is that if he had a fiat panda he most probably wouldn't of gone to an airfield trying to break the sound barrier with 4 of his mates.

Maybe it is too long since you were a kid, certainly he would, every emotiondriven speedaddicted kid in any car would, if they get a chance

So better is to learn them danger spots and areas so they can live from those moments and pass information how to survive to next generation, that is what kept us alive in stone-age, that is what could keep less these accidents from happening today, unfortainly there is those old ladies with ban everything mentality that is not helping with issue at all.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :The fact is that if he had a fiat panda he most probably wouldn't of gone to an airfield trying to break the sound barrier with 4 of his mates.

How is that a fact? Assuming has nothing to do with facts...

A fact would look like this: if he had tried the same with a Panda, the outcome would have been the same... Less speed - worse brakes, less flying - worse safety rating, both fatal...
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :was it actually confirmed josh was the driver?

It also came to my mind that he wasn't the driver, he sounded like a reasonable guy from those posts.. And that was really chilling, reading that thread btw..
Quote from Boris Lozac :It also came to my mind that he wasn't the driver, he sounded like a reasonable guy from those posts.. And that was really chilling, reading that thread btw..

It sounded the same to me. Im not saying it was'nt him, but from what i read in them threads, he did'nt seem like a "put your foot down everywhere" type of guy. He just wanted to know things about his car and how to activate S6 (which is a bitch in the Z4M! ).

I would'nt be surprised if it was one of his mates driving.

I agree too, it was chilling reading the thread, then him suddenly stop posting.
#130 - Dac
maybe if he was in a panda he wouldnt have been trying to max it out on a air strip.
Quote from Dac :maybe if he was in a panda he wouldnt have been trying to max it out on a air strip.

Thats not the point. Im pretty sure that even if he was in a panda, he (or whoever was driving) would have still done something silly. Its something you do when your a new driver. Not putting your foot down is too much to resist when your a new driver. Its a new experience so you try the cars performance, handling etc. Sometimes, it can help, and sometimes, there can be tragic consequences as you can see here.

It truly is a sad thing which has happened to all the people in the M5, but it literally does'nt matter WHAT car they were in, im pretty sure it would have been pushed to its limits at some point.
#132 - Dac
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Thats not the point. Im pretty sure that even if he was in a panda, he (or whoever was driving) would have still done something silly. Its something you do when your a new driver. Not putting your foot down is too much to resist when your a new driver. Its a new experience so you try the cars performance, handling etc. Sometimes, it can help, and sometimes, there can be tragic consequences as you can see here.

It truly is a sad thing which has happened to all the people in the M5, but it literally does'nt matter WHAT car they were in, im pretty sure it would have been pushed to its limits at some point.

i just dont think that with there would have been the attraction to driving fast with say a 1.2 panda. its the fact that its big, expensive, fast and demands respect that they decided to toy with it. perhaps for enjoyment perhaps for the respect of being able to say to their class mates they did x amount of speed.
Maybe they were trying to make video to youtube.

So many reasons but all quite worthless guesses that has not much to do with anything.

Virtual safety and not thinking before acting lead to destruction.
Quote from Dac :i just dont think that with there would have been the attraction to driving fast with say a 1.2 panda. its the fact that its big, expensive, fast and demands respect that they decided to toy with it. perhaps for enjoyment perhaps for the respect of being able to say to their class mates they did x amount of speed.

You would be surprised, it does'nt matter what car your in, when your a young driver, you always have the temptation to drive fast or see what the car can do.

The first car i ever drove was a 1.0l austin metro. We were in a open square of tarmac which was used to store HGV's, but was empty. I still put my foot down most the time i was driving it. That was about 4 years ago, now the only time i ever put my foot down is again, when im in an open space like before or when i doing mini racing, and thats it.

Sure, being in a M5 may have provoked the driver to drive abit faster, but no matter what car he was in, he would have still most likely put his foot down.

And dont forget, it was also suspected that drink and/or drugs was involved, so that could have contributed to it as well.
#135 - Dac
ok ok, we'l have to settle on that one.

but can we all agree that adding an M5 to the recipe made a big difference to the result? i mean it takes less than 5 seconds to reach 60, then it will just continue to accelerate up past 180mph no problem. i personally feel the car made it too easy for them to reach such speeds. which means there was more chances for a mistake to happen. and when it happened it was going to be big.
Quote from Dac :ok ok, we'l have to settle on that one.

but can we all agree that adding an M5 to the recipe made a big difference to the result? i mean it takes less than 5 seconds to reach 60, then it will just continue to accelerate up past 180mph no problem. i personally feel the car made it too easy for them to reach such speeds. which means there was more chances for a mistake to happen. and when it happened it was going to be big.

Panda has shitty lights, you don't see much compared to M5

Panda has poor brakes, when you see something it takes lot longer to stop.

In panda they would fly off with less speed, car had rolled few times and when it would come to stop at bottom it would been not regonizable wreck that would have caught fire, perhaps it would not been cut to half in air, but end result would been very same.
#137 - Dac
Quote from JTbo :Panda has shitty lights, you don't see much compared to M5

Panda has poor brakes, when you see something it takes lot longer to stop.

In panda they would fly off with less speed, car had rolled few times and when it would come to stop at bottom it would been not regonizable wreck that would have caught fire, perhaps it would not been cut to half in air, but end result would been very same.

your not understanding what im saying. put it this way, you have a group of people. then you get another group of people and give them a gun to play with. the chances of somebody getting shot in that group are alot higher.
Quote from Dac :your not understanding what im saying. put it this way, you have a group of people. then you get another group of people and give them a gun to play with. the chances of somebody getting shot in that group are alot higher.

Then get another group of people, teach them gun control and you get one group of bored people that beat each other, one group that get shot and one group of happy people that saved woman being raped as they knew what to do with gun and nobody did not die.
There are cases when people get killed because they are too young for the powerful cars they drive (more parents fault IMO). This isn't one of them. You don't need a powerful car to unsuccessfully try to take off the end of a runway.

And the idea that young people in slower cars don't like to put their foot down. Are you kidding me? How old are you? Have you ever been with friends in cars in the first couple of years of them having a driver's license? The ones I've known certainly didn't have fast cars but that doesn't mean that 170 km/h in a rattling 45 bhp Fiat Uno isn't an exiting thing to do at that age.

Quote from Stang70Fastback :Any small airport has open access. Two of my neighbors have private planes (a Cessna 170 and a BEAUTIFUL Cirrus SR-22.) I've been on rides with them, and all you do is literally drive onto the runway and then drive over to your plane (which, by the way they don't park at the end. That giant loop is solely for taxiing and making u-turns.) I could drive over to my local airport right now (about 3 miles away) and just drive straight onto the runway and fool around if I wanted to.

Thx for info, didn't know that. Even a bit surprising considering the über paranoid security you get at bigger airports.
This is just a matter of perspective, I agree with the people saying if they didn't have access to that kind of car, it wouldn't have happend.

I don't feel the need to show off my car to any friends, because it's slow and lame. But when I drive my parents' car, I do take off faster. But I'm not so stupid to break the speedlimit or do it on an airstrip.

And the Panda.. I think they wouldn't use it there in that way. It would reach it's top speed really slow and before running out of road. And the speed is a lot lower, so if they stepped on the brake it would come to a halt quicker. And there wouldn't be a lot of excitement in it either.
Quote from J.B. :Thx for info, didn't know that. Even a bit surprising considering the über paranoid security you get at bigger airports.

Yeah, my neighbor tells me small airports are still pretty cool. When you land somewhere else (small airport) they sometimes have loaner cars there for people who fly in. All you do is park the plane and you can have the car - no fee or anything. They make so much money off aircraft fuel at small airports that they can afford to do stuff like that. Pretty cool if you ask me!
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :It sounded the same to me. Im not saying it was'nt him, but from what i read in them threads, he did'nt seem like a "put your foot down everywhere" type of guy. He just wanted to know things about his car and how to activate S6 (which is a bitch in the Z4M! ).

Quote :.....when im going pedal to the metal pushing 140 and upshifting there tends to be thud noise with the gear change....

I guess you can assume mph over kph, since it was in the US. That sure doesn't sound like someone who doesn't seem like a 'put your foot down everywhere' type of guy.

140 mph isn't something to laugh about.
Quote from mrodgers :140 mph isn't something to laugh about.

If he was going 140kph, the result would have been the same.
#144 - Dac
Quote from J.B. :
And the idea that young people in slower cars don't like to put their foot down. Are you kidding me? How old are you? Have you ever been with friends in cars in the first couple of years of them having a driver's license? The ones I've known certainly didn't have fast cars but that doesn't mean that 170 km/h in a rattling 45 bhp Fiat Uno isn't an exiting thing to do at that age.

where did i say that?! i simply said the chances of somebody playing around with a panda is much less likely to end like it did than with a 200+mph german saloon.
Quote from Dac :where did i say that?! i simply said the chances of somebody playing around with a panda is much less likely to end like it did than with a 200+mph german saloon.

Whether or not somebody does something stupid hasn't got anything to do with the tools he uses... And your analogy before is wrong: you should've asked if it would be safer to have a group playing with a bomb rather than a nuke...
if he had a veyron the air brake woulda stopped this from happening.... wait , im not niko...

back on topic:

terrable , mis judged his braking time i'd say , got over excited and messed up...
Quote from Dac :what parent in the right mind would give an 18 year old such a powerful car??!

money dude, and love
Still, one thing is to "kill" yourselfe in a accident, but driving like an idiot with passengers on tells something about you as a person.

What we then know is that he has no feeling of responsebilities, and he really don`t care much for his friends if he drives like that. Sure, driving fast can be fun and all that stuff, but the least he could done was to do it himself, not drag his friends into that maniac drive. I`ll bet he wanted to impress his friends, with his new car, and he wanted to show them how fast it could go. I don`t blame him, he was not old so maybe he misjudget it all.

But I`ll stand on this - if you drive like a idiot, drive alone.
That's the exact reason I hate the new boyfriend of my ex. One of his friends was driving, she and he were with him. The guy was driving +100 km/h in a 70 zone. I told her: I don't care how much you like that guy, but if he lets his friends drive like that with you in it, I'd kill him if you get hurt.

I drive too fast once in a while, but I'll only do it when I'm alone, never with another person (especially not one you love).
Quote from sgt.flippy :That's the exact reason I hate the new boyfriend of my ex. One of his friends was driving, she and he were with him. The guy was driving +100 km/h in a 70 zone. I told her: I don't care how much you like that guy, but if he lets his friends drive like that with you in it, I'd kill him if you get hurt.

I drive too fast once in a while, but I'll only do it when I'm alone, never with another person (especially not one you love).

Exactly!
And, driving too fast like 90 km/h in a 70-zone isn`t the end of the world, but the point is, when you have friends/girlfriend/whatever on, you should do everything in your power to drive as safe and responsible as possible. I understand that an accident is an accident, I don`t blame the people that crashes. But if they were driving too fast I lose all the sympaty for them, then they didn`t do everything in their power to prevent the accident.
And people moaning about bad road standars are often the ones that don`t obey the speed limit anyway. Whatever kind of road it is, it is fully possible to drive safly, it`s just that people are twats and focusing on everything else than the driving.

When that is said, I don`t say that his an ****, Josh. But I say that he didn`t do what was in his power, to decrease the chance for an accident. Think of the family of his friends? How should they coop with it? Well, they can`t, they just have to accept that he killed their son. Because thats it, it`s his fault - he killed them by driving like an maniac. I have sympaty for him and condolence to everyone invovled and their family, but on the same time I`m angry that he allowed himself to drive like a dick, and killing his friends due to it. I bet the other friends of him was scared, but they didn`t want to say. I mean, who want to be the party breaker that tells "ehm.. can you please slow down, I`m not comfortable with the way you drive". So, in the end it`s up to the driver to take responsibility, like I said, drive like an ass - drive alone.

A lesson to young kids and fast cars.
(153 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG