The online racing simulator
FSX install probs
(53 posts, started )
FSX install probs
Hey all...

I have recently bought FSX Deluxe (today) and can't install it, it keeps on coming up with info about how the files are corrupted.

I've made images of the DVDs, for backup purposes, and they have the same error

DK
#2 - TiJay
Have you tried asking on simviation.com or the like? The guys over there are the experts on FS problems.
^^^ Yup, or Avsim.

Good luck.
I intend to try installing it again in 2010, when a decent add-on plane doesn't bring it to it's knees.

FS9 (plus 100's of addons) FTW!
I had no problems with it...i kinda...yeah got it from somewhere else other than a store and it works perfectly fine..Except my PC cant really handle it so I have it sitting on my harddrive just wasting 15gb of space...
do you have all the minimum requirements?.. if you dont it would be like shit... no terrain and everything plain... thats how i have it but i still love to fly
.. other option would be:
go to the store you bought it, and ask them about that problem, and then if there was a real problem with the problem ... and if you have the waarranty i think you get another one...
So what are the minimum requirements? Can it run decently on a C2D E6550, 8600 GT GLH and 2 Gigabyte of Ram?
Quote from Boris Lozac :So what are the minimum requirements? Can it run decently on a C2D E6550, 8600 GT GLH and 2 Gigabyte of Ram?

Microsoft® Windows® XP SP2 / Vista
PC with 1 GHz equivalent or higher processor
256 MB of system RAM for Windows XP SP2 / 512 MB Vista
14 GB available hard disk space
DVD-ROM drive
32 MB DirectX 9 compatible video card required
Sound card, speakers or headphones required for audio
Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device
56.6 Kbps or better modem for online play
Quote from scoobyrbac :Microsoft® Windows® XP SP2 / Vista
PC with 1 GHz equivalent or higher processor
256 MB of system RAM for Windows XP SP2 / 512 MB Vista
14 GB available hard disk space
DVD-ROM drive
32 MB DirectX 9 compatible video card required
Sound card, speakers or headphones required for audio
Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device
56.6 Kbps or better modem for online play

:ices_rofl

Enjoy the slideshow...
Quote from Boris Lozac :So what are the minimum requirements? Can it run decently on a C2D E6550, 8600 GT GLH and 2 Gigabyte of Ram?

A default install (no high spec addon planes or scenery) should run acceptably on that rig.
Quote from The Moose ::ices_rofl

Enjoy the slideshow...

Mehh...it works on my PC..just everything is smooth no houses, tree's lags when taking off I have:

ATI Radeon 200 Series Onboard Card
512 RAM takin down to 448 MB with onboard grafix card
3.1 GHz

I need new card and ram then I could prolly max it out...maby
I finally got it working at 1am, and spent an hour crusing the skies before turning in to sleeeep.

I love it now, anyone know what the acceleration pack contains?

DK
Nothing really important - multiplayer air racing, some new missions and three new aircraft - P51 Mustang, F/A-18 Hornet and Augustawestland.. I mean AW101. And very few highresolution scenery areas.
Missions include following your wingman in an F/A-18 Hornet (your nav system is broken) and landing it on an aircraft carrier, it's really great

I got it recently with my new system, but haven't really gotten into it yet since there are a lot of other games to play, but I'll get round to it later
Quote from Lible :Nothing really important

Doesn't it have SP1 and SP2 ? with DX10 support ?

I'm a huge FSX fan, but i've not bothered with the Acceleration pack. Certain Flightsim Forum members were having all kinds of performance and bug issues with it. And as for the extra planes, scenery and missions, you can download hundreds of free versions which are just as good (in some cases even better than payware)

Also, the site's mentioned above are good for all your flightsim stuff but Flightsim.com is my preferred home for sim flying
Thanks

I'll see about freeware planes...anyone got any good ones?

DK
Quote from DieKolkrabe :I'll see about freeware planes...anyone got any good ones?

Lol, you'll have to narrow it down a bit, there's more than a few out there. What kind of flying do you like ? single engined prop ? twin engine prop ? multi engine turboprop ? float planes ? stunt planes ? Helo's ? military jets ? executive jets ? the heavies (large passenger/cargo jets) ? classic GA aircraft ? classic military ? micro lights ? gliders ?......

Most of the freeware stuff you'll find was originally built for FS9 and just converted for FSX (but don't let that put you off, some are fantastic) But, we're only just beginning to see stuff made specifically for FSX being released, and sometimes the quality ain't so good. But if i were you i'd register with all the flightsim site mentioned in this thread and have a look through their files (should only take a month or two )

However, if you tell us what kind of things you like flying, then we'll try to find some goodies for ya
Quote from Mazz4200 :Lol, you'll have to narrow it down a bit, there's more than a few out there. What kind of flying do you like ? single engined prop ? twin engine prop ? multi engine turboprop ? float planes ? stunt planes ? Helo's ? military jets ? executive jets ? the heavies (large passenger/cargo jets) ? classic GA aircraft ? classic military ? micro lights ? gliders ?......

Most of the freeware stuff you'll find was originally built for FS9 and just converted for FSX (but don't let that put you off, some are fantastic) But, we're only just beginning to see stuff made specifically for FSX being released, and sometimes the quality ain't so good. But if i were you i'd register with all the flightsim site mentioned in this thread and have a look through their files (should only take a month or two )

However, if you tell us what kind of things you like flying, then we'll try to find some goodies for ya

In no order:

A small, easy to fly plane
A quick, fast plane that's on a knife-edge
A classic military plane
A modern military plane
A military helo (Not fussed about time period)
Concorde
A big jet
A cargo plane
A DC-10

That do? :P

DK
Quote from scoobyrbac :Mehh...it works on my PC..just everything is smooth no houses, tree's lags when taking off I have:

ATI Radeon 200 Series Onboard Card
512 RAM takin down to 448 MB with onboard grafix card
3.1 GHz

Screenshot including FPS counter pls

DieKolkrabe, if your ever tempted into the world of Payware addons, then i cant recommend highly enough the Realair SIAI-Marchetti SF260 and the Digital Aviation Dornier DO-27. Two absolutely fantastic little planes.
Quote from The Moose :Screenshot including FPS counter pls

DieKolkrabe, if your ever tempted into the world of Payware addons, then i cant recommend highly enough the Realair SIAI-Marchetti SF260 and the Digital Aviation Dornier DO-27. Two absolutely fantastic little planes.

I'll look 'em up on Amazon I've been thinking about payware, but IDK if it's worth it, I'm reluctant to spend money in case it turns out to be a dud.

DK
Okay, lets have a look...

A small, easy to fly plane: You mean easier than the Piper Cub ? or the Cessna 172 ? right, erm actually one of my all time favourite planes is a little Piper Tomahawk and it's sooo easy and nice to fly, but, its "Just Flight" payware however check "the piratebay" . http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/f ... FFZmvj03a=main/search.htm look for file "chintmhk.zip" for a nice Tomahawk if you don't fancy the PirateBay
A quick, fast plane that's on a knife-edge: There's a fantastic freeware stunt plane called the Christen Eagle http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/f ... FFZmvj03a=main/search.htm you'll want this file for the plane itself "liceagii.zip"
A military plane: I'm not really into anything with a jet engine, but i've tried a few F14's and some of the Harriers are pretty good, and there was a great Red Arrows pack for FS9 http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/f ... FFZmvj03a=main/search.htm couple of nice Harriers at the bottom of that page, but this file "harfsx23.zip" is the one you'll need
A military helo: I had a great of Sikorsky pack which worked on FSX ok http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/f ... FFZmvj03a=main/search.htm look for "s70apkv1.zip "
Concorde: Not really my thing to be honest, but there are a few out there, including an experimental Concorde pack. http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/f ... FFZmvj03a=main/search.htm couple of Concorde clones, look for files "sstpac.zip" and "tu144.zip"
A big jet: Same as above. http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/f ... FFZmvj03a=main/search.htm some nice Boeing 777's you'll not get much bigger than those

Now the hard part, I've got loads of these files on CD, but unfortunately the files are all far to big to put on the forum. So, looks like i'm gonna have to go find them and give you the link. This may take some time

Thing is, you'll have to register with the various site in oreder to download them, It's no problem though, they're all free, all you'll need is an email address.

I'm going outside now, i might be some time stay tuned....

1st edit, link posted above. There's loads of extras in those pages too, + an FSX update. Trust me it's a great little plane, even the pilot is animated
2nd edit, another link added for the helo's
3rd edit, added a nice Harrier
4th edit, added small easy to fly GA aircraft
5th edit, added Concorde clones, that Tu-144 also known as Concordesky is the better of the two.
6th edit, added big jet

At the end of the day, it's much easier to hunt for all these things for yourself, and more fun too....
Quote from DieKolkrabe :I'll look 'em up on Amazon I've been thinking about payware, but IDK if it's worth it, I'm reluctant to spend money in case it turns out to be a dud.

DK

I was much the same. Whilst there is some decent freeware stuff around, once i got my hands on the DO-27 i realised what could really be done with FS planes.
There is of course some dreadful payware as well, but check the reviews on reputable FS sites and you can get some real gems.

The best place for any payware addons is http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/re/iboshop.cgi?show270

All Digital Aviations planes are good http://www.digital-aviation.de ... l/aircraft_do27_main.html

along with Realair's http://www.realairsimulations. ... amp;sim=fsx&submit=Go

The Realair Spitfire is amazing in FS9 and will be released for FSX soon.
Quote from Mazz4200 :Okay, lets have a look...

A small, easy to fly plane: You mean easier than the Piper Cub ? or the Cessna 172 ? right, erm actually one of my all time favourite planes is a little Piper Tomahawk and it's sooo easy and nice to fly, but, its "Just Flight" payware however check "the piratebay"
A quick, fast plane that's on a knife-edge: There's a fantastic freeware stunt plane called the Christen Eagle
A military plane: I'm not really into anything with a jet engine, but i've tried a few F14's and some of the Harriers are pretty good, and there was a great Red Arrows pack for FS9
A military helo: I had a great of Sikorsky pack which worked on FSX ok
Concorde: Not really my thing to be honest, but there are a few out there, including an experimental Concorde pack.
A big jet: Same as above

Now the hard part, I've got loads of these files on CD, but unfortunately the files are all far to big to put on the forum. So, looks like i'm gonna have to go find them and give you the link. This may take some time

Thing is, you'll have to register with the various site in oreder to download them, It's no problem though, they're all free, all you'll need is an email address.

I'm going outside now, i might be some time stay tuned....

Upload it to yousendit?

DK
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Upload it to yousendit?

DK

I've no idea what that is ?, seriously, i know nothing about computers and stuff, i even struggle with email, and it took 4 years to figure out what FTW meant
Quote from The Moose :Screenshot including FPS counter pls

I don't have it in my PC anymore because it just takes up space since I never really played it because I couldn't turn up and detail at all. I had no houses, tree's show up everything was flat..
Quote from Mazz4200 :I've no idea what that is ?, seriously, i know nothing about computers and stuff, i even struggle with email, and it took 4 years to figure out what FTW meant

How big is the stuff?

Yousendit is a way to share large files on teh Web.

Go to www.yousendit.com, there's a handy tutorial there

DK

FSX install probs
(53 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG