The online racing simulator
-
(Heiko1) DELETED by Heiko1
Enable the MCI packets and you'll get the speed of each racer. Compare this value to your defined speed limit and if they exceed this limit preform an action.

How you do this depends on whether or not you're using a library, what language you're using, etc.

Read the documentation where relevant.
-
I have code for that, but it depends what context you want it in. Do you want a person's speed at a particular area? Do you want to be be able to grab someone's speed at any point?
-
Ah that's fairly easy. I don't have code, but I can tell you how to do it:

1. Have code that reads the speed out of all the MCI.Info[] packets
2. Get the UCID from the MCI.Info[] (Connections[GetConnIdx(Players[GetPlyIdx(MCI.Info[0].PLID)].UniqueID)
3. Send a button to the UCID containing the Speed info.

That's the basics of what you'd need to do.

Hope that helps.
-
Wich Eventhandler? (Heiko1) DELETED by Heiko1
-
I think it could all be done in the MCI method. And don't forget to uncomment MCI in the default region:

public Form1()
{
InitializeComponent();
InitializeInSimEvents(); // Event handlers (Uncoment a line in here to enable the event
}

#region Default Methods
// Uncomment a line in this method to enable its event.
private void InitializeInSimEvents()
{
//LFS_External.InSim.Events.AXC_Received += new LFS_External.InSim.Events.AXC_EventHandler(AXC);
//LFS_External.InSim.Events.AXI_Received += new LFS_External.InSim.Events.AXI_EventHandler(AXI);
//LFS_External.InSim.Events.AXO_Received += new LFS_External.InSim.Events.AXO_EventHandler(AXO);
LFS_External.InSim.Events.BTC_Received += new LFS_External.InSim.Events.BTC_EventHandler(BTC);
//LFS_External.InSim.Events.BTT_Received += new LFS_External.InSim.Events.BTT_EventHandler(BTT);
//LFS_External.InSim.Events.BFN_Received += new LFS_External.InSim.Events.BFN_EventHandler(BFN);
//LFS_External.InSim.Events.CCH_Received += new LFS_External.InSim.Events.CCH_EventHandler(CCH);
//LFS_External.InSim.Events.CLR_Received += new LFS_External.InSim.Events.CLR_EventHandler(CLR);
LFS_External.InSim.Events.CNL_Received += new LFS_External.InSim.Events.CNL_EventHandler(CNL);
//LFS_External.InSim.Events.CPP_Received += new LFS_External.InSim.Events.CPP_EventHandler(CPP);
LFS_External.InSim.Events.CPR_Received += new LFS_External.InSim.Events.CPR_EventHandler(CPR);
//LFS_External.InSim.Events.CRS_Received += new LFS_External.InSim.Events.CRS_EventHandler(CRS);
//LFS_External.InSim.Events.FIN_Received += new LFS_External.InSim.Events.FIN_EventHandler(FIN);
//LFS_External.InSim.Events.FLG_Received += new LFS_External.InSim.Events.FLG_EventHandler(FLG);
//LFS_External.InSim.Events.III_Received += new LFS_External.InSim.Events.III_EventHandler(III);
//LFS_External.InSim.Events.ISM_Received += new LFS_External.InSim.Events.ISM_EventHandler(ISM);
//LFS_External.InSim.Events.LAP_Received += new LFS_External.InSim.Events.LAP_EventHandler(LAP);
LFS_External.InSim.Events.MCI_Received += new LFS_External.InSim.Events.MCI_EventHandler(MCI);
//LFS_External.InSim.Events.MPE_Received += new LFS_External.InSim.Events.MPE_EventHandler(MPE);
LFS_External.InSim.Events.MSO_Received += new LFS_External.InSim.Events.MSO_EventHandler(MSO);
LFS_External.InSim.Events.NCN_Received += new LFS_External.InSim.Events.NCN_EventHandler(NCN);
//LFS_External.InSim.Events.NLP_Received += new LFS_External.InSim.Events.NLP_EventHandler(NLP);
LFS_External.InSim.Events.NPL_Received += new LFS_External.InSim.Events.NPL_EventHandler(NPL);

-
if it doesnt exist, make private void MCI(Packets.ISP_MCI MCI)
-
Quote from Heiko1 :Here are the Picture

ops dont can read that...

erm...the line of code you have there is only used to figure out the UCID required for buttons from the PLID used in the MCi packets...
-
-
First of all, put it in the MCI method.

Second, the line MCI.Info[] (Connections... does not go on its own, and it doesn't have MCI.Info[] at the start of it. That line takes a PLID and scans the connections list, and find's that PLID's UCID, which is what you need for buttons.

Third, the [] in MCI.Info is the connection ID (I think) of that driver's connection. It goes up to 8, and then a new MCI.Info is sent.

Fourth, you need to get the speed of a driver using MCI.Info[ (ID here) ].Speed.

Try that and report back...

EDIT: No, I can't make the whole code, as I don't have it written already, and I'm working on other projects...
-
1 Error (Heiko1) DELETED by Heiko1
-
-
-
Quote from Heiko1 :new error on button....

Error 1 'LFS_External_Client.STC_INSIM.MCI(LFS_External.InSim.Packets.IS_MCI)' is a 'method', which is not valid in the given context

Please help

Greetz Marco

I'm not sure, but I think that is when you use any MCI packet information in another method, for instance:

void NCN(Packets.ISP_NCN NCN)
{
Insim.Send_Message_MSG(MCI.Info[0].Speed)
}

or whatever...

If you need to use MCI info in another method, store it in a variable.
-
[STC] Rocks!
#11 - sun
i wonder why these people dont help me like this in my threads.
Quote from sun :i wonder why these people dont help me like this in my threads.

Because he knows what he's talking about, and is willing to learn "some" C# by himself...
#13 - sun
some am I
Quote from sun :some am I

Oh really? You said you've read all the tutorials that have been suggested, yet you don't know what a method is, or how to define it? Right...

Anyway, don't post here, keep this thread on-topic...
Quote from sun :i wonder why these people dont help me like this in my threads.

As you may or may not know, I am a pretty quiet member of the programmers crowd - and I have a pretty thick skin regarding the niveau of posts on this forum, because I know that I once started at the same level. However, your frequent posting and asking for code even annoys me.

But to start with the useful part of the post: I think that you managed to pretty much get the tempers of most programmers up against you with those constantly coming threads. In the first few threads, someone always was so kind to donate some code to you, but sooner or later they pretty much all figured out you were more or less only leeching. You did not show a line of code that you did yourself, but constantly asked for complete program parts instead of hints to point you into the right direction.

To cite a common analogy:
You will have to build the house (it can also be a bamboo hut) before you can put the roof on top.
You will have to know how to program (at least basic techniques) before starting something as complex as an insim daemon.

I know you ordered a book about programming in C#. That is great! But I think it is the best for BOTH sides - the programming crowd here in the forums and you, if you stop asking questions about your insim tool until you know those basic programming techniques. Build the house first - I think you will then for sure find some nice carpenters who will help you with the roof.

Best regards in the hope that you understood me,
Stalker.

PS: Oh, by the way: You may have noticed that my post was much better to read than most of yours because I have used proper english and punctuation. It may be worth to consider this for the future, too.

And also: How to ask questions the smart way!
#16 - sun
... he hasnt done that code all for me i've done loads of code but people still dont belive me and they hate me now so i'am going to say bye.
Quote from sun :... he hasnt done that code all for me i've done loads of code but people still dont belive me and they hate me now so i'am going to say bye.

Erm...you sent me the code of your project recently. I'm not going to say exactly what's in it, as that's just mean. But, I'd estimate that a good 80% of it is taken from other people, and the rest is copy and paste of that work, with the messages changed. If you want to go specific, I can show people the code...
Quote from sun :... he hasnt done that code all for me i've done loads of code but people still dont belive me and they hate me now so i'am going to say bye.

you obviously have neither read my whole post nor understood a thing of it. a pity.

*winks*

now btt anyone, nothing to see here
How I just love your post :D
Quote from St4Lk3R :
To cite a common analogy:
You will have to build the house (it can also be a bamboo hut) before you can put the roof on top.
You will have to know how to program (at least basic techniques) before starting something as complex as an insim daemon.

PS: Oh, by the way: You may have noticed that my post was much better to read than most of yours because I have used proper english and punctuation. It may be worth to consider this for the future, too.

Hi all,

you probably won't know who I am, but I just wanted to say I really love the way you've put it in your post. I'm a computer science student myself, but I have never seen an anology like the one you used, just brilliant...And I kind of think I know what you are talking about: script-kiddies... love the way you handled it, and you're absolutely right: No way that someone will ever be able to use the insim libraries without any programming knowledge at all...

Again, big props for your handling of this situation

JW

p.s. just looked into this thread to get a basic idea of the insim libs

p.p.s. I hope my interpunction is correct
If your looking for Insim libs, try LFS_External, it's the best I've found
lol a video tutorial of what? Typing copious amounts of code?
I've done that sometimes....

Hold down Ctrl-Z for about ten minutes after about 6 hours of coding and it looks completely mental. Like time-lapsed hyper coding.

Sorry [/Off Topic]
need help with making a insim!
hi, any one help me with coding a insim i have tryed soo hard and i can not dont it so eny one make me one for free that will be soo good if you will
hi need help!
any help me, i need a insim for my cruise server plz get back to me if u can help me or even better make one for me
I'd suggest that you potentially take a look at the FAQ.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG