The online racing simulator
First Car
(537 posts, started )
thats what i meant i was gonna put the sign but im in america and we dont have tht we have the dollar sign$$$
Well my Mum has her new car (2004 Fiesta Diesel) so technically it's the "family car" (as in my Dad's using it to get to work atm because his car has a loose exhaust) until it goes in for an early MOT - If all is well i'll get it, if things are a little dodgy i'll have it fixed and if it's going to die a fiery death then i'll buy a different car.

My Dad's paying for the insurance, my Mum is paying for the lessons so w00t!

Might go and clean 'er up later and take some pics but I know my Dad will cover it in crap on the way to work
Your dad has a loose exhaust, so that stops him driving it? :S Find an M8 Nut and Bolt. Jeez
Maybe he does'nt have the required shiz to do it?
He's lazy (read he spent the whole of today drinking Wine), he doesn't have time to check and he has Knee problems (almost 20 stone + jumping out the back of a Lorry = Fail).

My parents really are Fail tbh.

EDIT - He hasn't even LOOKED at his exhaust yet. Just made a dodgy "thunk" noise while driving away from my GF's the other night (in perhaps the most pot-holed road i've ever seen) which it's been doing a lot recently, and no-one will be using "my" car until at least Thursday when my Mum's insurance expires on it (so I can be insured on it).
lol,
why did he jump out the back off a lorry lol!
It wasn't moving - he works in industry (atm a Paper Factory, at the time a Food Factory) and he was in the back of the lorry looking at something and he jumped out and thanks to his weight his knee took the weight and went "wrong".

His car stopped making the noise - will probably clean my car later and take some piccies. It's keeping being registered in my Mum's name (3 careful owners, last careful lady owner), and her insurance expires on Wednesday, then it's going for an early MOT to make sure theres nothing major wrong.
What do you guys think about the Volvo 460?
I had a 1.8i 440 for a while, it was thirsty & slow, but it had a fairly nice ride, and was solid.

I wouldn't recommend one.
#462 - ssm
Just wondering, how much would an e30 m3 be worth?

I am guessing around 3k pounds or 6k usd?

I need a little more practicality... I currently drive a Miata...
I live in the UK - so anything fast at all (i.e. an M3) is instantly a rediculously high amount to insure (i.e. £8k a year PLUS)
£3000 for an M3?, I doubt it.
Jakg, it would cost about £8k to buy a E30 M3 in mint condition anyway. But I know what you mean, anything that is quick is expensive to insure for new drivers in the UK. They really need to sort out the price for small cars though. 2001 1.2 SXI Corsa, fully comp, my best quote was £2.3k It is stupid.
Quote from sam93 :anything is expensive to insure for new drivers in the UK.

edit for accuracy
Get a 96-98 Mazda 323!

Okay, I've not driven mine yet but the driving position is far more comfortable than the 207 I'm learning in (more space for my big feet) The 1.5 averages around 35mpg and even the V6 gets about 25.
If I fail my test this afternoon you can have mine
#469 - ssm
Quote from Jakg :I live in the UK - so anything fast at all (i.e. an M3) is instantly a rediculously high amount to insure (i.e. £8k a year PLUS)

Oh, okay, but the thing is, I just looked up the weight of the e30 M3... it is ridiculously heavy...

A Japanese "fatass" car is just a little heavier then that, I would rather get the Supra Mk4 then the e30 M6. (but I don't have the money for that..)

I might just try to save up for a sports sedan, a TSX? (High Spec Accord in Europe)... I have a whole year ahead of me before I get kicked out of the house. (I have until June before I turn 18)

By the way, I would recommend an NA Miata for any beginner driver that is looking for a sporty car and/or going to join motorsports.

It is cheap, cheap to insure, and also very nimble.
Quote from Dajmin :Get a 96-98 Mazda 323!

Okay, I've not driven mine yet but the driving position is far more comfortable than the 207 I'm learning in (more space for my big feet) The 1.5 averages around 35mpg and even the V6 gets about 25.
If I fail my test this afternoon you can have mine

My car gets 35 (supposedly), whereas the 2.0 460 gets 36

I hate the fact that in the US a young-driver of my age can get an MX5 as their first car...
Quote from Jakg :whereas the 2.0 460 gets 36

I hate the fact that in the US a young-driver of my age can get an MX5 as their first car...

36mpg?, not a snowball in hells chance of getting that in a 460, they are carved from solid pig iron.

Insurance will come down Jak, a few years of driving, and a few years NCB and you'll be laughing.
#472 - ssm
What do you mean? I get made fun of for driving a Miata, but the thing is, it is the cheapest sporty car I can get... for 3k which is about 1.5k pounds. (I didn't want to get an actual British Roadster because of the rumors of "British reliability")

I saved very hard for that car... I pay for all my own insurance and everything. I get 14k a year for good grades and good driving record, that would be about 7k pounds a year for you guys.

I actually bought a celica for 75 dollars illegally at 15, still have that in my back yard with grass growing through it...

(by the way, I can get 60 mpg with my Miata, suck on that! )
Quote from ssm :(by the way, I can get 60 mpg with my Miata, suck on that! )

bollocks you can
#474 - ssm
I drive in first gear up a slope really slowly, I drive in 5th gear around flat straights, and I drive in neutral down hills, how about that?
Quote from ssm :I drive in first gear up a slope really slowly, I drive in 5th gear around flat straights, and I drive in neutral down hills, how about that?

Still bollocks IMO

First Car
(537 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG