The online racing simulator
First Car
(537 posts, started )
how much does the price drop in the UK once u've past 25-26?
Quote from sam93 :I don't like the Ford KA and I would also walk then have on of them. A lot of people would proberly say a KA is for girls.

Says the guy (or should I say chav?) who wants a Corsa, lol.
ffs now it seems i'm stuck my Mum's Proton even though my Dad knows full well that it's going to have a very expensive problem very very soon.

Oh well, it's my money that he's stolen off me he'll be buying it with

can't take this house much longer!
Quote from Mikkel Petersen :Says the guy (or should I say chav?) who wants a Corsa, lol.

I'd rather have a Corsa than a KA, and as most people on here know, I hate both Fords AND Vauxhalls so thats saying alot!
Quote from Dajmin :I'm starting to look for my first car now, but I've not had much luck finding a Seat Leon in my price range. I really like the mk1 Focus, but I never hear good things about Fords so I'm a little put off.

Don't read that much into it. American Fords are trash, but European Fords will run forever and a day if, like any vehicle, you look after it. The mk1 Focus, if unmolested, is a great car first car.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Don't read that much into it. American Fords are trash, but European Fords will run forever and a day if, like any vehicle, you look after it. The mk1 Focus, if unmolested, is a great car first car.

A Ford stands for fix or repair daily, although the european Fords go for ever. My dads workhorse (Mondeo) and it's done over 200k miles and it never lets you down. Ford's are good cars but it's what Jakg wants and if his dad has took his money who knows what he is going to get
Quote from BlueFlame :I'd rather have a Corsa than a KA, and as most people on here know, I hate both Fords AND Vauxhalls so thats saying alot!

Ye you only like Audi's, and only cocks drive with Audi's.
Quote from Scrabby :Ye you only like Audi's, and only cocks drive with Audi's.

They don't drive all Audi's. Cocks only drive the RS4.
Cocks drive Audi
My sister was asking the other day, what should she get as a first car? Being as she actually IS a hairdresser she's now looking for a Ford Ka
#411 - ssm
An S2000 is a good car. It's reletively cheap, it's fast, luxurious and spacious interior, confident ride, and a future classic.

Quote :Personally I don't think you should be allowed to drive an M3 or Impreza at 17 regardless of how much money you're Dad's got.

You are just jealous, by the way, I tried the new STi, it feels slow and mushy, a little better then the 350Z, but only by a bit.
Wouldn't mind an oldschool rx7 for a first car...
Should probably get a job some time soon :<
Quote from Dajmin :
I'm starting to look for my first car now, but I've not had much luck finding a Seat Leon in my price range. I really like the mk1 Focus, but I never hear good things about Fords so I'm a little put off.

I can recommend a mk1 Focus, I drive one and it's an excellent car. Had 4 problems with it so far - none mechanical (1 freak window blow-out with de-misters, crap tyres that Ford put on it when I got it from them, crap Ford brake disks that warped and a puncture)

I do drive it a bit hard sometimes (only when I know it's safe, I'm not the sort who wants to crash it), and it's a very good car to drive, good fun too, and even the 1.6l has some poke in it! They're very solidly built too!

Ford hardly stands for Fix or Repair Daily in my eyes... I've had it for 317 days now, and it's only been to the garage 4 times (2 of those times were for tyres as mentioned above, 1 for new window mechanism after the blow-out and the other time for brakes) So really it's Fix or Repair every 79.25 days... minus the 3 that were general wear and tear/crap tyres it's fix or repair every 317 days.

In short... if you get a Focus or any Ford, ignore what the idiots say who've never had one, take the word from people who own them and love them (which is the majority!).
Quote from mr_x :

Ford hardly stands for Fix or Repair Daily in my eyes... I've had it for 317 days now, and it's only been to the garage 4 times (2 of those times were for tyres as mentioned above, 1 for new window mechanism after the blow-out and the other time for brakes) So really it's Fix or Repair every 79.25 days... minus the 3 that were general wear and tear/crap tyres it's fix or repair every 317 days.

It is just what they are known as, a have came across a lot of people who even say a Ford is a Fix or Repair Daily car. They are good cars by dad swears by them, his has never let him down and it is always on the motorway, think it has 225 thousand miles and as I said before never let him down, he drives a TD Mondeo, since he has had the car it has only needed the general parts, brakes, tires, diesel pump.

As long as no one gets the car what I have just seen on Airport, someone wanted a Ferrari 456GT shipped for a 18th birthday present, some people are stupid, how long do you reckon it will be until the 18 year old crashes the car, to much power and to much of a car I think for a 18 year old.
I got a VW Lupo three month ago and a for a first car (my first own car) its great, small, nimble, light! and needs only 5litres/100km (and I rev it past 4k on daily basis!) My version is the lowest spec 1.0 4cyl 50hp, but weighting only 850kg it feels quite fast. And atm the prices for it are raising because of its good fuel economie
i want a Smart with a hayabuse engine init, let's burn them ricers
Finally coming up to getting my first car and it's looking like it's going to probably be a banger! I'm on a tight budget with karting and everything so I think I may go for an old Rover Mini, i'll take whatever I can get really!
Just top update my post (now i'm a little less angry) on my current situation.

My Dad is very VERY impulsive (he never spends any money really, we own our own home and we have a fairly decent wage coming into the house - i'm sure theres lots of money floating around somewhere ) and so the other day he agreed he would pay for my car (up to a grand) and insurance (up to a grand), but I would have to pay for lessons - this sounds great.

Now my Dad ALSO loves to help people, but he just can't stop and then tries to impose his ideas on you, and if you say no he tends to go off in a huff - so he now loves the Ford Ka - If I tell him that tbh narrowing down to one car is quite a silly idea i'll be back where I was before (i.e. in false-promise land).

While we went out to look at a car (a Red 1998 Ford Ka which for a reason not adequately explained had a new engine put in and then only did 200 miles in a year - we never bought it), we stopped off at another garage where my Mum saw a nice Ford Fiesta (new one) which is a diesel - this changed everything.

My Mum currently has a 2001 Proton Wira LXi, 1.5 L. Not a bad car, but it's had some problems - the Tacho works intermitently, and the speedo just had to be replaced for the same reason, it just had to have a new radiator etc and so my Mum thinks as it's worth f. all it's probably a good idea just to get a better car. With this, my Dad says I can have my Mum's old car and he will pay for the insurance as long as it's under £1500. Although i dont like the idea of having something that's being given away because it's so likely to break, theres little I can do about it...

The "stolen money" comment was because when I was around 12 / 13, I was a hard kid to buy stuff for so for every birthday / christmas I was usually given money. I resisted the urge to spend most of it on toys, and my helpful Dad put it in a savings account in his name where he got something like 8% interest (as a pose to the 0.1% my account gave me at the time). I gave him all of my money (On his advice) which at the time was £300 - now that I actually feel I want the money (to put it in my own name in my own high-interest account and so I can spend it on things like driving lessons etc) he's refusing to give it to me as i'm "too irresponsible" and will only let me spend it on things he thinks are good. That would be fine, if he wasn't a massive nub - he somehow finds the bs articles on the internet and believes them, and only them with a slight hint of misunderstanding in there through what I can only think is a hereditary condition ()

Quote from sam93 :They don't drive all Audi's. Cocks only drive the RS4.

But lets be honest.. It's absolutely gorgeous and extremely appealing.
Quote from ACCAkut :I got a VW Lupo three month ago and a for a first car (my first own car) its great, small, nimble, light! and needs only 5litres/100km (and I rev it past 4k on daily basis!) My version is the lowest spec 1.0 4cyl 50hp, but weighting only 850kg it feels quite fast. And atm the prices for it are raising because of its good fuel economie

You are a man of wisdom. VW make great cars, they are cheap, and I am 100% sure you won't have many problems with the Lupo. Congratulations
Thats so good that's going in my (rediculously over-crowded) sig.

EDIT - That pic (of me) really is crap though.
Watch out - you've offended me and Sam93 with your avatar - we might have some Cider together and do bad, bad things

EDIT - Bad things against YOU. Not like that!

First Car
(537 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG