The online racing simulator
I decided to put an LFS car on the Dyno...
Here is what it put down.

Conclusion:

uhh wat car?

He's being cheeky, he's saying that LFS cars have no Torque curve, just a torque spike.
didnt understand...
Roadie, I didn't mean it in an angry way, I was just making it easy for people to understand.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Roadie, I didn't mean it in an angry way, I was just making it easy for people to understand.

Oh no, I didn't take any offense lol.
#8 - spoop
the torque and hp are equal at 5252rpm, it must be real
#9 - JeffR
I thought that graph was the tire grip curve for the LX6.
HP=Cst*RPM*torque, where Cst is a know constant, so you're talking absolute rubbish Rodie.
And there was me thinking somebody had got the updated torque curve plots for all cars in patch Y and saved me the bother.... guess not.
Quote from Bob Smith :And there was me thinking somebody had got the updated torque curve plots for all cars in patch Y and saved me the bother.... guess not.

I was going to do it, but then I realised I didn't have a clue what a torque curve plot was. So I baked you a cookie. But I eated it.
He vaguely got the peak in the right place though, using the tangent rule
#14 - J.B.
Don't get it.
dont discuss physics with him
(Roadh0g) seriously... who uses the metric system on the internets
(Roadh0g) 90% of the people have no clue what you are saying :P
#17 - Byku
Quote from Roadie :Here is what it put down.

Conclusion:

How did You put LFS on dyno? Whad does it mean? That LFS doesn't have proper torque curves? O.o
Quote from Shotglass :dont discuss physics with him
(Roadh0g) seriously... who uses the metric system on the internets
(Roadh0g) 90% of the people have no clue what you are saying :P

sarcasm buddy... just like this thread.

but seriously, look at the uf1... it has a 1 liter powered by 4 hamsters and makes like 90ft/lbs at 3000rpms.. more torque than hp... UF1 = diesel
#19 - Byku
Quote from Roadie :sarcasm buddy... just like this thread.

but seriously, look at the uf1... it has a 1 liter powered by 4 hamsters and makes like 90ft/lbs at 3000rpms.. more torque than hp... UF1 = diesel

lol... so there was something wrong about this post :P. Dammit
Maybe it's just got a long stroke? There doesn't appear to be much wrong with the torque curves in LFS really. Perhaps one or two are a smidgen peakier than they ought to be, but hardly a major thing (when we all race equal cars).
My BMW 323i inline 6 cylinder has 170hp and 181ft/lbs of torque and I guarantee you it is not a diesel.

I have been meaning to ask this before:

Bob, how do you come up with the torque curves for LFS cars? You can't do it with just the peak stated values can you?
No, I use RAF exports of the longitudinal forces from a carefully crafted setup, accelerating in a high gear, then apply corrections to try and counteract what I think is being summed, and try and take slip ratio off that (or at least I will when I get around to trying it again).
There are torque curves for the LFS cars? Where can i find them? (even if they are a bit outdated)
#24 - Gizz
Quote from Bob Smith :No, I use RAF exports of the longitudinal forces from a carefully crafted setup, accelerating in a high gear, then apply corrections to try and counteract what I think is being summed, and try and take slip ratio off that (or at least I will when I get around to trying it again).

:jawdrop: you mean to say there is now crystal or wands involved in your work after all???? and i thought you were............ magic, i always pictured you in a star clad hat and a long black robe.... oohh well...

bobs human everyone, nothing to see here.....

you have just lost a lot of friends bOb
Quote from Hallen :My BMW 323i inline 6 cylinder has 170hp and 181ft/lbs of torque and I guarantee you it is not a diesel.

Not at 3k rpm's

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG