The online racing simulator
Bhmotorsports.com Sim-Racing Awards 2005
Vote here: http://www.bhmotorsports.com/awards/4/vote/0

For me the choices were pretty obvious (LFS mostly, except sound and most moddable). I don't know what the hell "Squadra Corse Alfa Romeo" and "Cross Racing Championship" are doing in sim-racing awards... but whatever.

GTR was in last year's awards. Which is pretty stupid because it was widely released this year...

IMPORTANT: "Flat Tire category" is for the lousiest game of the year 2005. BHMS Flat Tire Award for 2005 will be the category for the most disappointing game of 2005. This is simply a humorous approach to add a little levity to our Awards section. So don't vote for the best flat tire modeling.
#2 - Don
warning
flat tyre award is a bad "award"! its supposed to go to the worst game, so make sure you are clicking correct game in that award
What is "Flat tire award"...is it good or bad?
edit. ok
That's dumb if it were a bad award... this award is pretty much just ASKING for LFS to be chosen, because if you didn't know it was bad, then people would click it because LFS has an excellent flat tire code :doh:

DON'T PICK FLAT TIRE AWARD FOR LFS! Bad bad.

But anyways.... I've always thought the results were decided by the webmaster of BHM, because some pretty bogus results came out in 2004, they will surely happen again, you'll see.
I won't vote... I just don't think it's fair since I haven't really played the other games (besides a quick dabble with NASCAR SimRacing).
Live for Speed
Developer: LFS
Publisher: LFS
Released: S1 Released

Why are they not using the alpha? I know its not the final S2, but it IS a lot better then s1.
Quote from deggis :I don't know what the hell "Squadra Corse Alfa Romeo" and "Cross Racing Championship" are doing in sim-racing awards... but whatever.

Let alone MotoGP 3. :vomit:
hmmm i cant really decide whether crashday or nk is the most promising game
Yeah, was wondering what flat tire was about.. There was no caption or explanation, so I concluded it was for the best flat-tire modeling.. I guessed the people at BHM have a flat tire fetish?
Quote from Shotglass :hmmm i cant really decide whether crashday or nk is the most promising game

I just saw a new trailer of Crashday... looks pretty fun though, altough the trailer had too much bling bling and guns. But it's in the wrong awards category.

ps. Added a note in the first post about the flat tire category... just in case that someone won't read the second reply in this thread.
Quote from deggis :But it's in the wrong awards category.

yes its certainly not a sim ... but its stunts so it deserves any award it can get
Quote from deggis :I don't know what the hell "Squadra Corse Alfa Romeo" and "Cross Racing Championship" are doing in sim-racing awards... but whatever.

I don't know what they are either, but the damage model screenshots on the Cross Racing website sure make me want to try the demo.
I voted:

Best sim - LFS
Physics - LFS (would like to have seen GPL/N2003)
Graphics - LFS
Sound - didn't vote none of them sound decent would have liked to have seen GPLSO
Multiplayer - LFS
Editable - rFactor
Suprise - LFS (S2 is so much better than the S1 demo )
Promising - NK Pro
Mod - Redline GTP for N2003
Flat tire - rFactor
Quote from cannonfodder :I don't know what they are either, but the damage model screenshots on the Cross Racing website sure make me want to try the demo.

Good luck m8..it got my "flattire" vote...
Quote from Richard Torp :it got my "flattire" vote...

And LFS got mine. Simply for the disappointments it has brought me this year.
They still use LFS's original 'spec':

Live for Speed is developed by a handful of people, who are determined to succeed in the racing market, dominated by big publishers. Live for Speed Development Team plan to release their products without a publisher. What makes LFS more of a "user friendly" product, is constant support in the form of frequent demo patches and regular updates to their website. And exactly how do they plan to release it? Instead of releasing it as a complete game, it will be available in 4 downloadable stages. Each segment will comprise 25% of the total price of final release. Each of the next three 25% releases will contain updates (cars, tracks, physics, new features) and will come out at intervals of 2 or 3 months.
#19 - axus
They didn't research it properly IMO - why is LFS not nominated for Most Promising - it is probably by far the most promising sim out there. Why is GTR not nominated for any of the categories (especially the Flat Tyre award)...? Why is LFS still shown as S1...
Quote from axus :They didn't research it properly IMO - why is LFS not nominated for Most Promising - it is probably by far the most promising sim out there. Why is GTR not nominated for any of the categories (especially the Flat Tyre award)...? Why is LFS still shown as S1...

More than a year old, think they only use new sims to stop GPL winning everything

The most promising catagory is for future sims, LFS has been released and no matter what you tell people that it is not finished it will still be taken as a finished product seeing as you can go and buy it
My votes:
Best sim - LFS
Physics - LFS
Graphics - GT Legends
Sound - GT Legends
Multiplayer - LFS
Editable - rFactor
Suprise - GT Legends (I didn't know it was to exist before I saw the newspost on RSC saying the demo was released)
Promising - NK Pro
Mod - F3 Mod for rFactor
Flat tire - LFS (I have lots of fun with LFS and voted it best sim too because it's what I decided to play, so there must be a good reason to play it, but it disappoints me because I think it could already be much better than it is now)
#22 - JJ72
I have actually voted Kart Masters as the most promising sim, although there's so little that are disclosed on their website, but I am looking forward to it more than anything else.
Quote from JJ72 :I have actually voted Kart Masters as the most promising sim, although there's so little that are disclosed on their website, but I am looking forward to it more than anything else.

I hope i will be wrong but i think Kart Masters is going to be crap. I says it has 'Night Racing'. I've never seen a (real) kart race runnning in the night illepall
It seems they stuck that in because people like night racing in racing sims...
makes me wonder what else they'll stick in to keep appeal to wider markets.... maybe power-up strips on the track?
i just think it will be arcadey. my views on that game. i hope i'm wrong but i think this is the way it ill turn out.
Sim-Racing Game of the Year-LFS
Best Physics Model-LFS
Best Graphics-LFS because they actually look real
Best Sound-GT legends. It deserves it IMO
Best Multiplayer-LFS FOR SURE!
Most Editable-Didnt know..

I gave rfactor flat tire
Quote from Vendetta :
I gave rfactor flat tire

Me too. It's a flat tire with the original content - until there are some good mods.

Btw I gave best mod for "Miscellaneous mods for RBR". A bit stupid choice but what you gonna do when there's no complete mods for RBR... yet.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG