The online racing simulator
I don't go on the BHM forum but the frontpage of the site is useful for keeping up to date with sim racing news and at least you don't have to trawl through several pages before you can find the news like on RSC

I still see nothing wrong in how the award are presented, tbh most of us are LFS fanboys, just like there are ISI fanboys, netkar fanboys, *maybe* Racing Legends fanboys and definately not Fir$t fanboys

So see the lack of description as an anti direct link and mindlessly click here because you've been told to device.
Quote from tristancliffe :But to be fair to bhm, there aren't many other sites that keep an eye on the sim racing scene.

But those words from Jure about sim communities falling to their hands and knees... it doesn't sound too promising.

I used to use BHM a lot for news just like you tristan, once loved it, but it has been cluttered so much, I feel hopeless to find things like I used to. The 'Awards' don't prove anything anyways, only heightens BHM's position as a middleman to pass on unofficial results.

Who cares if there are fewer sim racing titles out this year, that does not mean the market is falling, it is more-so the expectations of us racers to have a better sim, which takes a lot more time. I don't see how the community is lacking... maybe it is because there isn't one definitive Sim Racing resource site anymore??? (considering most games BHM chooses now are not sims. -- "Where sim racing dream comes true" ?? :tilt

It almost makes arcarde 'sims' feel accepted since BHM chooses them... GOOD simulations were at its roots, where it all started, and it couldn't live any longer if you deface the community with arcade games... soon publishers will latch onto that (probably already have), then they could be gone for good.

The community LFS has here pretty much lives on having a good simulation to play, and they know Scawen is set out to create that. People know LFS has potentional to be a great name in simulation history, but if sites conjure up an award that demotes a simulation's attempt to do so, then how would simulations live anyways? It is just so contradictory to say that the community is shrinking, when you are taking even MORE away from it by saying certain simulations are a 'flat tire blowout'. Ridiculous. How else should simulations grow if you don't show support for those who try and accel in that field? Especially for the fact that you expect this 'one great simulation' to save the community. That will never happen if this is kept up.
My votes:
Best sim - LFS
Physics - LFS
Graphics - LFS
Sound - rFactor
Multiplayer - LFS
Editable - rFactor
Suprise -
Promising - NK Pro
Mod -
Flat tire - rFactor

My voting was biased... of all those games I have only played LFS and rFactor demo.. lol.
Braindead or stupid? Do I have to pull out my diplomas or the fact I've always been first in my classes since kindergarten?

Fact is, the link in the OP was http://www.bhmotorsports.com/awards/4/vote/0
And there's no explanation if you start there.
Quote from Jure BHMS :RBR was the one for me, if only they could get all the planned features in. RBR2 would be soooo cool and prolly mod-friendly as well. Oh well... Lets wait and see what next year brings us.

Yup, it WOULD be but it's not coming. Warthog dev team is dead and so is Richard Burns. Now that he's dead the publisher SCI probably won't even consider making a sequel named Richard Burns Rally. Even if they would do a sequel it wouldn't be developed by Warthog (instead it would be some arcade crap, just to make some money with a good "brand").

-----------

I check BHMS regurlarly because it's the main source for RBR mods and downloads. Most of the mod makers are on the forums so I read it too sometimes, just to check how some mods are progressing. I think BHMS should concentrate on the news area. "New F1 render from RacingRenders.com" - Is that really an important piece of news?
Excuse me, but why does every post of a poll or a review that includes LFS have to end in a discussion between us LFS fans and the authors/creators of the piece in these forums?

It's nice of y'all to point them to our forums, and I like more people knowing we exist as a community... But don't you think there are better ways to do that?

En wie die Chatman in z'n avatar gezet heeft moet levenslang opgesloten worden in een isoleercel... Mafkees
Well, I voted, for what it's worth.

Best sim - LFS
Physics - GT Legends (I like LFS's "feel" much better, but GTL seems to act more like a real car with less sliding)
Graphics - GT Legends
Sound - GT Legends
Multiplayer - LFS
Editable - rFactor
Suprise - LFS (S2 is the best surprise i've gotten in a long, long time)
Promising - NK Pro
Mod - no vote
Flat tire - rFactor (what a HUGE disappointment)
Best Sim: LFS
Best Physics: LFS
Best Graphics: GTL
Best Sound: GTL
Best Multiplayer: LFS
Most Editable: rFactor
Surprise: LFS
Most Promising: netKar Pro
Best Add-on: Redline GTP
Flat-Tire: rFactor
Quote from nikimere :I hope i will be wrong but i think Kart Masters is going to be crap. I says it has 'Night Racing'. I've never seen a (real) kart race runnning in the night illepall
It seems they stuck that in because people like night racing in racing sims...
makes me wonder what else they'll stick in to keep appeal to wider markets.... maybe power-up strips on the track?
i just think it will be arcadey. my views on that game. i hope i'm wrong but i think this is the way it ill turn out.

There are some 24h kart events, aren't they?
Maybe not completely pro, more "for fun" actions, but with well known drivers.
And surely I did some go-kart (those weak ones for public) "racing" at nights with friends.
http://www.bhmotorsports.com/awards/4/winners

\/ LFS won the most important category.

But this is funny: "One other element stands out in the physics department for LFS is that almost every default setups that comes with each car are very good."
They are to an extent, but if you want to be faster, you gotta go with the more-evolved setups.... as usual.

But compared to most other simulations, LFS's defaults setups are not that bad.
I'd say - you dont have to set the most unrealistic settings in the setup to make car feel real...
In LFS, making a setup is quite logical... in the other games it isn't, at least not for me...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG